Photo

Computer Will Not Boot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 chinesemaster006

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

Only things I can think of...

-Your processor is loose.
-Your P.S.U. is no good anymore. (Happened to me myself and a clan member recently. TT (620?) Watts)
-Possibly fried R.A.M.
-Highly doubt it's your mobo, or else your fans wouldn't spin...

Oh and if you have a Generic p.s.u. that would explain it all...
You would have to replace R.A.M. mobo, and possibly loss data in H.D.

#22 TheChozeLa

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

Only things I can think of...

-Your processor is loose.
-Your P.S.U. is no good anymore. (Happened to me myself and a clan member recently. TT (620?) Watts)
-Possibly fried R.A.M.
-Highly doubt it's your mobo, or else your fans wouldn't spin...

Oh and if you have a Generic p.s.u. that would explain it all...
You would have to replace R.A.M. mobo, and possibly loss data in H.D.

loss data in hd???? never hapened to me!! and i killed 3 Motherb.. and 2 ram + 1 cpu !!! lol i suck at css but i pwn comp!!! ;)

#23 The Xevious

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

You all don't know me too well I guess? I am the expert-tech-god of computers. I know if it was a fried Processer, I would know if it was a hard drive issue (read: it freezes before POST, not hard drive).

Also, I do have a bad RAM stick, which is is direct relation.

I FRIED THE MOTHERBOARD AND ONE RAM STICK.

The fans and such still spin, but it is my south bridge (read: no fans there) that does not work. Fans are controlled directly by PSU anyway, direct-connect ( ^_^ ). Anyhoo, BIOS = in south bridge. So I really can't start it.

#24 paper_gh0st

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

ok i have a problem with my bluescreen..

what is "trying to execute non-executable memory" ? does that mean a RAM stick went bad on me?

also.. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the file ar5211.sys

i called dlink and they sent me a new driver and i still get it. is there a hardware problem?

note: these are separate bluescreens that happen at different times on my main cpu.

#25 The Xevious

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Wait, these occur on your CPU? That sounds more like your ram or drivers messing up on you, not the CPU. Your CPU is fine. :)

The first one is a memory issue of some sort. Try turning off your Page/Swap file, reboot, and enable it again. As far as the second one, you have IRQ conflicts, probably too many serial/parallel and modem ports on at the same time. IRQ is something most of you never heard of, it was used back in DOS/3.1/95 days when you had to usually assign IRQ ports and you would end up with conflicts.

#26 TheChozeLa

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:20 AM

ok i have a problem with my bluescreen..

what is "trying to execute non-executable memory" ? does that mean a RAM stick went bad on me?

also.. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the file ar5211.sys

i called dlink and they sent me a new driver and i still get it. is there a hardware problem?

note: these are separate bluescreens that happen at different times on my main cpu.

do a spyware scan!!!! ;) lol srry i had to say it somewhere!! ;)

well the "X" will probably say that im wrong so ill stfu now!! :) try to find it by ureself!!

#27 The Xevious

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:37 AM

He has hardware issues, specificially with the IRQ. You could go into your BIOS and change the IRQ, or disable parallel/serial ports that are unused.

#28 Nismo

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:56 PM

I think this is the most popular tech thread ever so far (the techie needing help, ha.) Anyway I had the EXACT same problem, but resetting my BIOs on the switch on the mobo, and it worked fine.

#29 The Xevious

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:14 PM

I think this is the most popular tech thread ever so far (the techie needing help, ha.) Anyway I had the EXACT same problem, but resetting my BIOs on the switch on the mobo, and it worked fine.

Tried it, also tried remving the battery with no luck.

I've already sent in the mobo, I get a free replacement. When that arrives I will hop over to Fry's and get a free exchange on the RAM (which is defective) and get a new headset. The headset won't be free though. :P

#30 Nismo

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

You've got to stop breaking your headsets...Well hope this fixes your computer.

#31 paper_gh0st

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

He has hardware issues, specificially with the IRQ. You could go into your BIOS and change the IRQ, or disable parallel/serial ports that are unused.

is it really possible for the IRQ to suddenly start doing that. it worked fine until just recently. when my RAM went bad, everything started being pissy.

i call my comp THE CPU :P it ran at 4.213 until i got the second bluscreen, so i went into my BIOS and downclocked everything. i set my GFX card to the minimal to see what it going wrong.

ar5211.sys file is linked to my wireless card driver, but it has never happened before(there was a bug on the original and Dlink sent me a new one, still retarded). the odd thing is that it blues when i turn the Inet off. its ridiculous. u will have to also explain to me what an IRQ is, i didn't become a techie until WinME.

i kinda figured it was the RAM for the first blue but i just wanted to make sure. supose i need to get an RMA now <_<

Chozela: i should slap you... if it helps i use AVG firewall and 4 spyware scanners. so no IT IS NOT SPYWARE. /glare :D

p.s. i still dont know what IRQ problems mean

Edited by paper_gh0st, 12 April 2006 - 06:39 PM.

#32 TheChozeLa

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:24 AM

ooooooooooooo yeahhhhhhhh!!! slap mew baby..... ;)

for the irq i say reset the bios ,( unplug the battery)
irp is an adress gived to all the hardware thing pluged on youre MB by the bios ex : sound card/ gfx card.... but i can be wrong so we should ask god ( "X" ) if im right!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo my wonderfull and incredibely smart "X" am i right about the irq thing????

for the driver sometimes it can be windows whos a little bit lost . always uninstall a driver before you update it!!

#33 paper_gh0st

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

I will die before i update anything on my computer.

#34 The Xevious

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

OMGZ!!!

Okay, finally my new motherboard has arrived. Let's see, 3 weeks later? But I can't blame them for the price of free. ^_^

Computer = Working
New RAM = Working
Mobo = Working

So all is good? Well, not so. My graphics card is fried, so I will have to get a new one. I won't be able to until at least June, but I also have Driver's Ed which my parents are paying for, so I don't know how hot they will be about paying for a x800. But I shall see.

Until then, I can still run BF1942, BF2, CS:S, CoD2, and AoEIII. So I am back in action! :applaud:

#35 TheChozeLa

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

omg you had a comp or a toaster??? ;)

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com