Photo

ESC: The Alphabet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

Ok. Here is the tingy. (Why do I even ask?)

Today, something happend to my esc button why playing BF, as I noticed when I was going to exit the game. I did my usual thing. Raised my arm, took it to the top left corner of my keyboard, positioned my finger over the esc button, and BAAAM.

mnopqrstuvwqyz
mnopqrstuvwqyz
mnopqrstuvwqyz
mnopqrstuvwqyz
mnopqrstuvwqyz

All of a sudden, the global chat opend, and it started racing over with "mnopqrstuvwqyz" and seemingly pushed enter becuase it landed in the game-chat over and over again. Panicing over the fact that I was heavily spamming the chat, I hammerd the backspace button.... and it stoped. So I had to use ctrl+alt+delete and shut down the program to exit.
I did what I was supposed to do, came back in, got disconnected a few times, and then managed to stay in for a while. But then came the moment when I had to leave again, and the fact that my esc button had turned into the alphabet button, had completely swept my mind. and then BAAAM!

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwqyz

It raced over the screen again, plotting the alphabet into the gamechat. But this time, it was different. The alphabet had been upgraded! it wasnt from m-z anymore, but the entire alphabet! Again shocked at what was happening, and the fact that I was spamming the chat with the alphabet yet again, I hammerd the backspace button... and it stopped. So, without a way to leave the game, I kicked myself, and ran an antivirus check.

Nothing

I went to the controllers to check if the esc button had been switched with the Teach-The-Alphabet-To-The-Noobs-Button, but...

Nothing

So basically what I have come up with, is that either

A: Someone really love me, and does NOT want me to leave
or
B: God has chosen me to teach the alphabet to the kids.

So please, If you are ingame next time, and you are not sure if you know the alpabet correctly, do not hesitate... Simply ask me to hit the esc button, and I will do my best to try to stop it before it comes way too many times!

So basically, what I am wondering about...
Is there by any chance anyone else who has been chosen by God to do this task, that has actually managed to fool your way out of the honourable task, please step forward.

I tried again just before I wrote this, and chose an empty server, hit escape, and it was going at it again, pouring knowledge into the chat! But to my horror, I realised I wasnt admin at the server, and couldnt kick my self outta there! :eek:

Believe it or not, but at the bottom of line, I am asking if someone actually know how to fix this... eh... problem

:)

#2 PerfectSilence

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

Hmmm, maybe you have changed your keyboard to a different language. Try hitting CTRL+SHIFT and see if it works.

#3 Tim

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Woah! you musta bound "say abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" to your esc key. Tell me how you bind on BF1942 pleeeease. :-D

#4 destructo

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

B: God has chosen me to teach the alphabet to the kids.

Mawa, I am laughin' pretty hard right now cuz if that happened to me I might have thrown the comp out the window but you seem to be baffled by this---I hope you fix it---but in case you don't, just know you made me laugh my arse off.

#5 destructo

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

I just read that post again and now I am crying---your attitude towards this is great and your post was even funnier (to me).

#6 Oo.Brown.Guy.oO

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

:rofl:

...Sorry for your misfortune but that was hilarious.

#7 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:00 AM

:withstup: Great read! :rofl:

It may just be some corrupted file. Try re-installing.

#8 Wasabi®

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, try reinstalling BF.

#9 Lin

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:37 AM

Delete all pr0n. Reinstall windows.

:P

#10 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

Ok, its definately NOT linked to BF.
I am writing some school stuff right now, and accidently hit the esc button. And guess what? You are damn right. It went all crazy! My entire paper was filled with the alphabet written 10 times in hughe letters!

Does anyone of you know what it is that might have happened, and how I can fix that?

#11 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:31 PM

this isnt really to help but to point out that way sooo funny
:applaud: :applaud:
u can always trust some1 on here to get stuck with a funny problem
:lol: :lol:

:spam1:

#12 destructo

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

Mawa---stop it, my stomach hurts---lol

#13 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

Sheesh. this is really getting out of hand. I hit esc in my web browser, and I can tell you that, it was STOOPID. All of a sudden the alphabet started to type it self in in the web-search-bar, and as it automatically press enter at the end of the alphabet, and I took a screenie of this...

Posted Image

That thing popped up! And it wasnt one! nor was it 10! It was about 100! I Started to hammer the backspace button to stop it, and it actually took me 20 secs of hammering before it stopped! Look at this...!

*Hitting the ESC button Now*
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

*Hits the backspacebutton*

Is it possible to hack into the computer and hijack the esc button? :blink:

#14 Hydlide

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

]Is it possible to hack into the computer and hijack the esc button?  :blink:

I know that it could be done with older machines by altering the interupt hook of the keyboard... I that technique still works the same, i do not know... But if it is still the same method (interpreting keys from the keyboard by using an interupt hook) then I think it can be done...

but if that is the case, it would ALWAYS do it.. and what you said before, it only did it in BF1942, if im not mistaken.

This is your consious speaking: REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...

#15 destructo

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

This is the funniest post i've read in a long time-- I really hope you fix it---but in the meantime give us updates every once in awhile.

#16 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:59 PM

]Is it possible to hack into the computer and hijack the esc button?  :blink:

I know that it could be done with older machines by altering the interupt hook of the keyboard... I that technique still works the same, i do not know... But if it is still the same method (interpreting keys from the keyboard by using an interupt hook) then I think it can be done...

but if that is the case, it would ALWAYS do it.. and what you said before, it only did it in BF1942, if im not mistaken.

This is your consious speaking: REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...REINSTALL...

View Post

Oh no dear Hyd. The problem constantly reach new hights and explore new terretories in my computer. It has been upgraded now, to "Alpha 1.7", and

Sh*t!
#¤%#¤&

I hit esc on my desctop, and all of a sudden one of the shortcuts became blue, and then it switched to another shortcut! And then another! And then another! I did my best, but i couldnt stop it! So it went across nearly ALL of the shortcuts, and guess what?!

You are damn right again! Every program that turned blue launched! All of a sudden 17 (...and still counting!) fookin programs started at once, and the computer it self was beeping!! LOUD!! Like, Screaming!! :eek:

Im never... EVER... gonna touch that button again!

EVER!

Hugo is haunted by the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 33, 42 in LOST, but at least he isnt haunted by the ENTIRE friggin alphabet!!

:eek:

Im gonna have nightmares tonight...

:shutup:

#17 Alvin Tostig

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:43 PM

omg :rofl: :rofl: that is too funny. hahahahah hope you get your computer fixed man. lol

#18 ®ev

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

Hugo is haunted by the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 33, 42 in LOST, but at least he isnt haunted by the ENTIRE friggin alphabet!!

:eek:

Im gonna have nightmares tonight...

:shutup:

View Post

lmao...does sound bad though

#19 destructo

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

S T O P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 ®ev

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

lmao...this has to be the funniest topic...lol

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com