Photo

New Computer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#21 Boondock Saint

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

Dueling Pocket Protectors!!
:argue:

#22 kan3

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

YA ok - what spec sheet did you read that from? The specs that I have on the page are right from Dell and the Dell OEM boards do not come standard with AGP for a 20 something year old you need to learn, but your getting there!

Do you always insert silly insults into your posts when someone disagrees with you? Your initial statement was fine, the second part only shows immaturity.

Anyway, to your point - what spec sheet did I get that off of well not the same one as you because I know that it isn't actually an Intel based 874p but 875p.

Second, I did not say "all Dell oem boards come standard with agp", I stated the 8300. It also doesn't make sense that you clumped dell oem, or Intel , as a whole since you being a DCSE desktop/workstation would know that dell's lineups always consists of a majority(if not all) of Intel's current chipsets. Meaning that plenty of dell models come standard with agp, and nowadays pci-e.

I will agree with you in the fact that their base models have always used integrated chipsets...but Intel generally has an agp port standard on their "G" chipsets...even then they certainly aren't integrated Nvidia fx5200 line the author said he had.

Even with all that I'm afraid I'm not going to appease you, so I will go ahead and add something to my post.

Graphics Adapter name: Geforce FX 5200 with AGP8X - 128 MBMB
Graphics Adapter name: Geforce4 MX 440 with AGP8X - 64 MBMB

These are 10 dimension 8300 systems from my asset tracker database, I would add more but the other 9 systems had their video cards replaced with matrox paras like this one below, so they aren't dell original.

Graphics Adapter name: Matrox Millennium P-Series - Matrox Parhelia LX - 64MBMB

I'm the one that ordered ALL of these systems, I know exactly what was offered by dell in the graphics department and integrated was not one of them.

I will also note that dimension 8100-8300 come standard with agp, dimension 8400 series is when they switched to pci-e.

#23 Big Tymer

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

i got a 5150, and for a measly 700$ i got

3.0ghz p4
1 gig of ram
256mb radeon x600vid card

#24 Boondock Saint

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:58 PM

Do you always insert silly insults into your posts when someone disagrees with you? Your initial statement was fine, the second part only shows immaturity.

Careful there. dante was a decorated soldier who was wounded in combat about the time you were playing with crayons and waiting for your nuts to drop. I would not tell that man he was silly or immature EVER.
You can disagree with him, but don't ever disrespect him.

You respect the rank, not the man because the rank has no opinions or flaws!

#25 Big Tymer

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:50 PM

you tell him boon

#26 dante

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Boon, I appreciate it!

Listen you obviously know more than me and have much more experience dealing with Dell than I do - you don't need to appease me, you need to feel that you know more, I can understand that coming from a young man like yourself. As far as me insulting you, I was giving you encouragement to learn, I don't need to insult anyone, usually they do it just fine on their own!

Keep up the good work; you have a future one day working in the computer business!

YA ok - what spec sheet did you read that from? The specs that I have on the page are right from Dell and the Dell OEM boards do not come standard with AGP for a 20 something year old you need to learn, but your getting there!

Anyway, to your point - what spec sheet did I get that off of well not the same one as you because I know that it isn't actually an Intel based 874p but 875p.

Second, I did not say "all Dell oem boards come standard with agp", I stated the 8300. It also doesn't make sense that you clumped dell oem, or Intel , as a whole since you being a DCSE desktop/workstation would know that dell's lineups always consists of a majority(if not all) of Intel's current chipsets. Meaning that plenty of dell models come standard with agp, and nowadays pci-e.

I will agree with you in the fact that their base models have always used integrated chipsets...but Intel generally has an agp port standard on their "G" chipsets...even then they certainly aren't integrated Nvidia fx5200 line the author said he had.

Even with all that I'm afraid I'm not going to appease you, so I will go ahead and add something to my post.

These are 10 dimension 8300 systems from my asset tracker database, I would add more but the other 9 systems had their video cards replaced with matrox paras like this one below, so they aren't dell original.

Graphics Adapter name: Matrox Millennium P-Series - Matrox Parhelia LX - 64MBMB

I'm the one that ordered ALL of these systems, I know exactly what was offered by dell in the graphics department and integrated was not one of them.

I will also note that dimension 8100-8300 come standard with agp, dimension 8400 series is when they switched to pci-e.

#27 USHA

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

I have to go along with papa Boon and dante on this one. :grphug:

#28 kan3

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:49 PM

Hahahaha, your sarcasm is beholding.

Have a nice night. :)

#29 dante

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

Thanks - Nice comeback shows maturity!

Hahahaha, your sarcasm is beholding.

Have a nice night. :)

#30 LITUP

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:15 PM

I agree with you the BOON!!! Please watch it

#31 Rabbit

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:56 AM

My computer holds a PC3200. I don't know the difference between them, but I belive Dante was right in this particuar occasion. This is what I believe was the problem. I am not saying this is for all 8300's, but just mine.

#32 Ster

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

My computer holds a PC3200. I don't know the difference between them, but I belive Dante was right in this particuar occasion. This is what I believe was the problem. I am not saying this is for all 8300's, but just mine.

That's a type of RAM..

#33 Rabbit

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

I meant PCI. Sorry. I was looking at RAM a few seconds earlier adn typed the wrong thing. I'm an Idiot.

#34 dante

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

I sent you an e-mail on what to do - if you have any questions let me know!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com