Photo

Problems on my new laptop

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:00 AM

I bought a new laptop yesterday, so I installed Bf 2 and 1942(didn't downloaded DC and BF2 patches yet) but if I play it and even start it up it gives no full screen, I get a square screen with a black stripe of an inch on each side.
How can I get full screen?

Please help me,
Captain J.H.Miller(Joep).

P.S. It looks like this:
Posted Image

#2 UNCLE SAM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:33 AM

Try to set the game resolution to the maximum resolution of your display.

Here is a little How To:
http://www.widescree...attlefield_1942

Greetings and congrats on the new Laptop

#3 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

sounds like a wide screen issue, but not totally sure. you could try making sure the game and your desktop resolution are the same,... just a thought.

John

#4 dodgem

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

Miller. I changed my settings like in the guide Uncle Sam said, and it looks great. Full widescreen. It worked fine for me on Windows Vista, but then when I upgraded to Windows 7, I suddenly started getting massive lag in game. I couldn't figure it out, and couldn't play properly for about 3 weeks. Eventually I changed my settings back to default (no widescreen), and the lag went away. So I'm now playing with the black bars at the side, but it's better than not playing at all.

Just a warning. Go ahead and change the widescreen settings to your laptop's resolution, but if you start lagging a lot, you know what to do ;)

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

Miller. I changed my settings like in the guide Uncle Sam said, and it looks great. Full widescreen. It worked fine for me on Windows Vista, but then when I upgraded to Windows 7, I suddenly started getting massive lag in game. I couldn't figure it out, and couldn't play properly for about 3 weeks. Eventually I changed my settings back to default (no widescreen), and the lag went away. So I'm now playing with the black bars at the side, but it's better than not playing at all.

Just a warning. Go ahead and change the widescreen settings to your laptop's resolution, but if you start lagging a lot, you know what to do ;)

Ty all, I played the whole in the day BF2 shitty screen but I'm getting used to it =)

But, if I play I touch the touchpat, do you guys know how to turn it off its bloody annoying, now while I'm typing the same problem...

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

This is about BFBC2 on this laptop(the new(er) 1) I'll show you what I mean:

Here you can see what most of the times happens when s1 kills me.
0:19 looko outside when I shot the grenade launcher, the graphics.
http://www.xfire.com/video/25a70c/

Same here.
http://www.xfire.com/video/25a717/

and bad graphics.
0:22 these I have a lot =(
http://www.xfire.com/video/2a07fb/

I put all my settings on low and still have it =(
What can I do about it, or can my laptop just/barely run the game?

#7 blancrou

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

What is your laptop specs?

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

I had it somewhere on the forums but cant find it, i'll post it tomorrow.

#9 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

From Canyourunit:

CPU Speed
Minimum: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz
You Have: 2.20 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 3.2 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista/7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 256 MB Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT + / ATI Radeon X1900 +)
You Have: GeForce 8200M G
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 1.6 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
You Have: 168.5 GB
PASS

CPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
You Have: Intel® Celeron® CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations

#10 blancrou

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Honestly, from a recent experience with Can you run it, it seems to have some problems for detecting your hardware settings correctly. Unfortunately, your laptop will probably won't be able to run BC2 smoothly, since it is a quite demanding game, you quite need a beast... What is your laptop brand? Asus, HP, Acer... And its model? Like, for example, the ASUS G73JW-XN1. You can find this information on a bill, or somewhere on your laptop.

#11 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Clicky The most is in the first post.

Here is the site of the laptop but if I'm right the inside is different to what I have.

#12 blancrou

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

hmm... With a config like this, I think it is able to run the game with some lags, but still playable.
Ok, so be sure you run the game as an administrator, make sure your drivers are up to date. Especially your video card drivers. Then, try running game booster while playing.
If you still have some lags/video issues, well we will try other stuff :)

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

Ok ty, ill try it tomorrow. =)

#14 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Yay the updating of my card worked no more bad graphs Ty Blancy!
The only thinng now is, my ping goes over 300 and even over 450... all my settings are low so... how to lower my pings =/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 blancrou

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

I can't really help you on the ping, unfortunately...
But by posting a tracert, maybe someone would be able to help you more.
Only thins I can tell you is to be sure there is no Internet Softwares (msn, skype.....) running in background or downloads.
Also, remember the ping that appear in BC2 tab menu, is the addition of the time the informations are sent, and receive by your computer. SO if you want your real ping, just divide by 2 with what you get.)
So you would have a ping of 150-225ms

#16 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Well when I play games, 99 out of a 100 times i have MSN, the forums and xFire(sometimes TS) so maybe that will explain it I think... ow also im wireless >.<

#17 Livestrong

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Playing online games with wireless will cause lag and ping issues. The speeds are just not there yet, like they are for old fashioned wired(ethernet).

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:07 AM

Well I'm hijacking my own topic onces again:

About my old toshiba laptop XP and a slow acer laptop VISTA,

-Is it possible to make the Acer faster cause it is slow as hell...(it's not for gaming, work only)

-As my toshiba laptop needs a new cooling fan I was wondering if I could make it better at the same time, like a new videocard or CPU something like that, maybe so i can play DoD:s on it. What nis possible to be changed/upgraded?

(aslong as you dont change the harddrive your stuff on it isnt going away right?)

#19 Livestrong

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Acer = Add more ram/turn off unnecessary processes.

Toshiba = You cannot add a new video card since it has onboard video. You might be able to find a faster (compatible) cpu but it is unlikely.

#20 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Acer = Add more ram/turn off unnecessary processes.

Toshiba = You cannot add a new video card since it has onboard video. You might be able to find a faster (compatible) cpu but it is unlikely.

But can I change my videocard of my toshiba? or is that not possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com