Photo

Donations

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Par Shooter

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:33 AM

Great news to hear that the server made a good few £ this month or should I say $.

After reading Lins's message on here I fell compelled to keep reminding players to donate as it seems she has worked her butt off to keep us all playing and pretty much keeping it from public knowledge

as far as I can make out.....

Even ALG has jumped on the "bandwagon" to ASK people to donate so well done to him/her ;-)..

I have noticed that when this is mentioned a minority of  people get "upset" that it is put about that the server they are playing for hours and hours every week/month for FREE might need some financial support

I hope some of them read this post and feel inclined to DONATE and help the server keep going and let us keep playing for the foreseeable future 

Regards

Par

• Some Girl Named Cher, Captain John H. Miller, Spare Parts and 1 other like this

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:50 AM

Unfortunately not everyone has the funds to donate, even if they are willing to donate.

#3 Par Shooter

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:20 AM

Yes I understand that of course ,,,,, 

#4 dodgem

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:50 PM

One of the best ways I've seen to promote it is to remind people how little it actually is. Compare it to going to the cinema or going to a bar for a couple of drinks and then realise how much more time you get out of BF1942.

Servers aren't free and neither is the protection from attacks (you can't just put a condom over the Ethernet cable unfortunately)
  • Some Girl Named Cher, mistamontiel, Christine1 and 1 other like this

#5 Wasabi®

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:40 AM

Thank you to everyone who has donated.

Even 5 or 10 $/€/£ helps. It doesnt have to be a large amount, maybe you give up a cup of coffee for one day and donate that instead. 

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter and Christine1 like this

#6 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:56 PM

Thank you Par, and a huge thank you to everyone who helped donate this month! The funds that exceed the monthly server maintenance costs sit in the Reserve. When we have months that fall short donations wise, we pull from that reserve to cover the costs associated with keeping the server up and running without any hiccups. Without the support of our players and staff, Moongamers would cease to exist. We are all most grateful for each and every one of you. 

Servers aren't free and neither is the protection from attacks (you can't just put a condom over the Ethernet cable unfortunately)

I believe I just died from that last bit :rofl:

• Par Shooter and Christine1 like this

#7 Highway Man

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:21 PM

One of the best ways I've seen to promote it is to remind people how little it actually is. Compare it to going to the cinema or going to a bar for a couple of drinks and then realise how much more time you get out of BF1942.

I mean....... it's worth a try  :leave:

#8 covidwhisperer

Posted 08 December 2021 - 11:29 PM

I think we should have creative fundraisers. Like 50/50 knife fight tournaments. No? Ok what about if sell kicks for $1 and bans for $5?  *thecovidwhisperer was banned* ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com