Photo

RED MISSIONS RPG

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bucket

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Greetings infidel's :) I would like to bring up a vote if we would like to have rpg's on red missions? Today will be ninth week playing and seems getting easier with some red missions only having one-three m2's known as machine guns. What is your thoughts and votes? ^::^ -b

#2 Enforcer

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'm for making them a little bit more difficult with some RPG-ers..

#3 Lin

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

I agree, it would make it a little more interesting!

#4 Randigar

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

hmmm liked that idea before the new ai are all about on the map seems they show up everywhere and their aim is alot better but I am down for whatever

#5 Enforcer

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

The new ai will spawn anywhere there is loot and yes, their aim is much better than the sarge. The issue with the sarge ai, is they do too much too often. As I understand it, with their hero, survivor, bandit status and they evaluate every player near them every two seconds or something to determine if they should engage or not. Which is why you could have heroes shooting at zombies but, not at you and why bandits would engage you quickly. There were settings on how hard or easy we could make the ai. Problem is..that is way too CPU intensive and was causing problems with the resources. That is why this ai is all hostile. There is none of that decision making going on every second of the game and the ai only spawn in when there is a player around, vs sarge, I think, which we set for # of patrols in this city, # of patrols in that city and they are always there patrolling. Just a lot going on, all the damn time.

So, we'll see how this ai works out. If we all absolutely hate it, we can always go back to sarge, however, on a more limited scale and then is it even worth it? We'll see. We're still very new at all this and don't really know what will work best for this community.

#6 CrashMaster

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Just a quick couple of thoughts .... having all hostile just makes them like zombies with a longer range..

For me I don't like the idea of being shot at ANYWHERE.. The parts of the game for me that I like is the scavenging and building and I will tend to avoid the zombies and AI missions.

With that said I have not had a chance to look at this AI yet (hope to be in later today some)

But one thing I did like about the Sarge the way it was set you could have friendlies or Hostile AI and you had to look before you shot, though yes the hostile AI let it be known quickly, but you could hear the 2 sides of the AI fighting sometime which was a nice atmosphere addition to the game

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Just a quick couple of thoughts .... having all hostile just makes them like zombies with a longer range..

For me I don't like the idea of being shot at ANYWHERE.. The parts of the game for me that I like is the scavenging and building and I will tend to avoid the zombies and AI missions.

With that said I have not had a chance to look at this AI yet (hope to be in later today some)

But one thing I did like about the Sarge the way it was set you could have friendlies or Hostile AI and you had to look before you shot, though yes the hostile AI let it be known quickly, but you could hear the 2 sides of the AI fighting sometime which was a nice atmosphere addition to the game

I agree completely

#8 Edamame

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

The new AI's aim is better but they haven't blind sided me yet. They will engage at a fairly long distance. So you get a good amount of warning; that they have spawned.

Sarge AI was fun also but a lot of tweaking would be needed. They were far too easy. If a mission spawned too close to certain areas; it wasn't uncommon to show up to a nearly empty mission. This was with Sarge AI on an easy setting.

What concerns me most is that they were taking up so much process power and with a lot of servers still not updated; we are getting a lot more new players. I fear that could be a combination that could make the server unplayable due to lag.

#9 Enforcer

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

I would lean more toward the SargeAI and the ability to change so much, and set the number of patrols in the city, etc, but, is that worth the cost to the processing power. Sarge was very cpu intensive and if that caused issues with having a smooth gameplay, a balance would have to be reached. With DZAI, it frees up the resources some, but, at a cost. Spawning AI anywhere, always hostile, and will engage at a longer range, and sometimes are darn good shots.

It always gets back to money. If we could afford it, we would have two boxes, one running mostly games and the other running the back end stuff..file server, teamspeak, etc. But, with one box, you have to run all on the same deal. So, along with the Dayz, on this box is 1942, and Day of Defeat, along with the other stuff. There are only so many resources and while I would love to keep piling on, sooner or later, gameplay is affected. So the short answer is..I'm with ya Crash. The long answer unfortunately, is just more complicated.

#10 Bucket

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

So with all this talk lets recap the idea of adding RPG to Red Missions. gogogo i vote yes

#11 guidoune

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I would lean more toward the SargeAI and the ability to change so much, and set the number of patrols in the city, etc, but, is that worth the cost to the processing power. Sarge was very cpu intensive and if that caused issues with having a smooth gameplay, a balance would have to be reached. With DZAI, it frees up the resources some, but, at a cost. Spawning AI anywhere, always hostile, and will engage at a longer range, and sometimes are darn good shots.

It always gets back to money. If we could afford it, we would have two boxes, one running mostly games and the other running the back end stuff..file server, teamspeak, etc. But, with one box, you have to run all on the same deal. So, along with the Dayz, on this box is 1942, and Day of Defeat, along with the other stuff. There are only so many resources and while I would love to keep piling on, sooner or later, gameplay is affected. So the short answer is..I'm with ya Crash. The long answer unfortunately, is just more complicated.

on another server we had the same type of problem whit sarge ai, one thing that is possible (we all made some reading about sarge ai at that time ) is to have sarge ai running on another server, that way it did not cripple the cpu usage for the main server, but the guy had many map going so instead of that we switched to the same ai we have here..
our ai was way more dangerous ex: even dynamic spawn could have rpg and such.. we even get to a point where they had maaws because evryone had a lav and it was taking too much rpg(5) to make player loose there vehicle, you could be looking to your map and suddenly psssshhh (rocket launch) and boom, dead or almost.. was awsome to have lots of risk for just stoping too long.. like in a real apocalypse.. fight for your live, stay mobile or hide to take a break..

so im all in for rpg, dont know if we got it but also ai hmmv gpk could be nice (the one whit the m2)

#12 Warrior124

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

I too would be for RPG's, but one of the draws to our server is being able to build, and knowing your buildings won't likely get blown to bits, or have the vehicles you spent alot on don't get destroyed while sitting inside your base. Of course with this new AI we've had some vehicles get destroyed while sitting inside bases, but when RPG's, or MAAWS are introduced there would definitely be a significant increase of mass destruction. All of a sudden people would be losing things left and right, and people wouldn't want to spend alot building or anything only to have them destroyed as well. We may even lose some players on this account.

#13 Lin

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

This thread has morphed from RPG at Red missions to RPG for roaming AI.

Red missions I am ok with, but as a reminder...I will be out of town this weekend, and won't be able to affect any change on the server.

#14 gen_stallonee

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

I think the M2 stationary guns are enough for red missions they are hard enough to see from your strike position at times never mind the added RPG into it all.

Maybe a situation where the mission AI call in paradrop reinforcements?

Edited by gen_stallonee, 24 July 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#15 guidoune

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

what ever the ai that got the rpg, roaming or mission.. keep in mind they will fire rpg only if they can see the vehicle, vehicle inside wall wont get shot, also for what i remember , they can get a target for rpg at about 400-500m, and they need line of sight also, rpg are easyer to dodge if you are far,

also if i do remember, gpk hmmv and armed suv(or better armed vehicle ) can take at least 1 rpg whitout getting destroyed, they migh not move but they can be repaired ,

also easy way to prevent ai from firing more rpg is to get out very fast of you vehicle and run, if your 300m+ most of time they cant see you while on foot (unless you fire at them at least once)

it seem to reset their target, so unless the second rpg is alrdy in the air, you should be fine

#16 Enforcer

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

For the short answer then, yes RPGs at red missions as well as the green ones if able to code them properly.

#17 Shaun

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

i am for this .... and this would make the LAV's welcome!!!!
Posted Image

AMERICA!@

#18 Lin

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

LAVs? I must have missed something, will give the forum a full read when I get home.

#19 BOVA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

I don't anything wrong with rpg's at red missions as the red missions are supposed to be more difficult. But I do not agree with rpg's at green missions.
Beginners using green missions for getting better until they are ready for blue and red missions. D o not need to be mauled by rpg's in green missions.
I also don't like the fact that the new ai spawn at some of the traders. The traders should be a safe haven for dealing and doing business.
I am at Randigar's base for right now and whenever I enter the base or leave it or even inside my building I am constantly getting maul and killed right in the base and in my building.
Maybe we should add our own friendly AI to help fend off clusters of enemy AI.

#20 Shaun

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

LAVs? I must have missed something, will give the forum a full read when I get home.

it has bin tested and proving that RPG's will target and blow up lav's ... so if we add em i can get an apc!!!
they will no longer be OP
if any thing the m2's are OP 8p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com