Photo

Another soldier finds the end of the road

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:11 PM

It has been a fun ride, but all rides have to end some time.

Almost there....almost there...
February 14, 2004. I was hoping to make it to 20 years but life is pulling me hard in a different direction. I actually tried to retire just under 2 yrs ago, but it looked like BF1942 was going to be left in the dust under transition to new management, so I stayed on to try to help keep it alive for you all. Then the DDOS attacks started, and that had a whole different affect on running a server; namely, greatly increasing the cost of providing you with a game that was not vulnerable to being shut down by a DDOS attack.

Start paying for your own ride.
I have personally put thousands of hours and thousands of dollars into your enjoyment of this game over the past 18 years. I have not actively played BF1942 myself for over ten years. In the last year alone, I have given MoonGamers over $1000 to try to help keep it going for you all, but I can no longer afford to do this for a game I no longer play. Others here are giving similar amounts. It is time for you all who still play the game to step up and do your part, or another server will be biting the dust before too long. Moon is currently living month to month, and I just had to cover another deficit in the checking account. It will be up to you, the players, whether this community will continue to provide BF1942, or whether it will close. So give up that beer, donate the cost of your next hamburger, you can do it!

This is Lin, aka the Server Pixie, signing off.

• Par Shooter, MehulJ and The Monty like this

#2 MehulJ

Posted 04 September 2021 - 11:45 PM

I could have never in my wildest of dreams expected to have woken up to this ... Alas! reality strikes ... :( 

Thank u for inducting me into one of the best gaming communities that there ever has been and will ever be ... Kudos to you and the rest who made it happen ... I will try my best to donate to the best of my capacity and keep the server alive ...

Going to miss you, and I hope you keep popping up on the server with that mighty yellow text  :bbb:  :wave:

• Captain John H. Miller, Capn Cackler and The Monty like this

#3 Par Shooter

Posted 05 September 2021 - 03:58 AM

Lin 

I have just read your post and feel very moved by it .

Thank you ever so much for your time , thoughts , money and hard work that you have put in to keep this brilliant server going ,,,

I'm sure a hell of a lot of people me included have no idea what is needed to keep it all up and running so smoothly.

You will be sorely missed even if I never seem to see the "YELLOW TEXT"   :-(

Take care Lin 

God bless you 

Par 

• Captain John H. Miller, MehulJ and The Monty like this

#4 The Monty

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:25 AM

Hello Lin

Thank you for everything. 

You were very kind and welcoming to us when we joined the server. :)

I will miss you and your yellow text messages.

I will donate whatever is feasible for me to help keep this server running. 

Take care Lin 

• Captain John H. Miller and MehulJ like this

#5 Spare Parts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

"... you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

• Captain John H. Miller, Highway Man, MehulJ and 1 other like this

#6 Major Sleep

Posted 07 September 2021 - 06:36 PM

Thanks Lin,

For all your hard work in keeping Moon a viable and fun server! Peace in whatever may come next.

• The Monty likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com