Photo

Pilot Stacking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Pilot Stacking (43 member(s) have cast votes)

How much of a problem is pilot stacking (ace pilots on one side) 1=not - 5=very

1. 1 (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

2. 2 (7 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

3. 3 (11 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. 4 (9 votes [20.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

5. 5 (12 votes [27.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

Vote

#1 Lin

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

Vote!

#2 Moving Target

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

Also depends on the map. Market/battleaxe/coral sea/sometimes bocage 4-5. Kharkov/other Russian one 2-3. Just because on those I've seen multiple times all good pilota on one side but the other team wins because they hold the flags

#3 Lin

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

Good comments, keep them coming! :)

#4 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:53 PM

Just make Twilight switch teams half way through a round. Problem solved!

Twilight = One man elite death squadron equivalant

• Grassy, VampireMoose and Eliminator like this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:22 AM

If there is just ONE pilot on a team it is already pilot stacked. It doesn't have to be the best pilot there is. I can be the best pilot on the server. Infantry and tanker stack is bad as well, nobody ever talks about it though. These are the players that will cap and hold flags and win or lose a round. 

• gregefc and Harriet Tubman like this

#6 dodgem

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

I can be the best pilot on the server.

That can't be right joy.png

I would say that it's only an issue because it often causes camping.

• Rubulator likes this

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

That can't be right joy.png

When I am the only player I am THE ace pilot.

#8 King of the Squirrels

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

I voted in the middle.

There too many variables to say blanket pilot stacking different maps for example.  Yes pilot stacking become a issue on maps like Bocage for example. Kursk is good example on how infantry can change the map. Miller is right on players holding flags. Stacking infantry is also a problem which then leads to more camping on a lot of maps as well. The time in which the map is played and player skill levels effect the most changes. I asked that the less played maps be added to rotation a little. So far we have had good luck with that during the times I played.  We can watch more and simply apply our rules on team stacking when needed.

#9 Angerfist

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

Even the worst pilots can form a "stack" and hover in slow motion over the enemy main because players simply DON'T SHOOT AT THEM. Team up. Adapt and overcome. Get good.

#10 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

Even the worst pilots can form a "stack" and hover in slow motion over the enemy main because players simply DON'T SHOOT AT THEM. Team up. Adapt and overcome. Get good.

Git güd or dye hard?

#11 Grassy

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

Pilot stacking doesn't happen all the time, however it does happen and depends on the map

lets say  pilot A, B and C are seasoned pilots ...they dive out of the clouds from the stratosphere and hit a target with perfect AOA (that's angle of attack) for the wannabe know it alls..lol,  Doubled with expert use of Kinetic energy( another term some may have to look up)  They are almost impossible to hit.  Hence the 1000-3 scores

If 2 of these pilots end up on one team, one will keep the AA down and strafe the airfield. while the other will systematically take out vehicles.  Hence the 10gazillion -hardly any death scores.   

I'm not a bad pilot myself, however I think the real difference in a good pilot is the humility that should go along with the talent, to know when someone has had enough and getting PO'd and leaving and to back off.

My Dad. when I was a kid, when we would go fishing, I would get mad when we had to leave and go home with our catch.

He said "Son if you catch em all in one day, that pond is gonna be empty tomorrow"

Just my opinion, not need to argue about my post, it's just my opinion.

• ØLÐ CRØW and Grinch like this

#12 breakingfry

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Just boot Twilight half way through a round. Problem solved!

Twilight = One Trick Pony with Ego Issues and an Overwhelming Sense of Entitlement

Fixed*

#13 breakingfry

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

On topic, 

These people are going to continue to ruin our beloved 1942. 

Stopping stacking is a start but there needs to be some auto kick fail safe for these joystick slobber knobs. 

Perhaps an auto kick if the plane doesn't move from a single spot after 10 minutes? 

Maybe auto kick if the streak breaks 25 kills with 0 deaths. 

I would even go as far to say ban these multiple named people

That frequently abuse this server with their hate camping and plane mongering agendas. 

War Infantry!

#PutTheStickDown #ComeGetSome #Iain'tSurprisedMofo's

#14 Harriet Tubman

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

Twilight = One Trick Pony with Ego Issues and an Overwhelming Sense of Entitlement

Fixed*

I would even go as far to say ban these multiple named people

twilight will beat you at any aspect of the game. He has more impact in a plane for sure but people will cry when good players play no matter what they are playing.

Genius ideas, I say we go further tho to make the server more fair. Kick anyone with a kd over 2 and give them a ban after 3 kicks. Also ban anyone that ever smurfs. And no one can use a vehicle for more than 4 minutes at a time, Angerfist's new role as admin will not be to play but to just keep a stopwatch at the ready for timing all the turrible, team stacking, hacking pilots. Can you guys just add bots to the server already so the average player can get a kill?

and my question again is at what point is it pilot stacking? If the new map starts and puts the only 2 pilots on the same team should they be kicked?  If its 2 good pilots vs 1 good pilot is that pilot stacking? Because that 1 good pilot will constantly be grounded so it will feel like its just 2 pilots destroying the other team.

• Lin, Angerfist, Captain John H. Miller and 1 other like this

#15 Spare Parts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

Fixed*

your ignorance is staggering. 

#16 Steve2112

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

Although I have not been playing moon much lately I did vote. "10". doesn't seem to go to 11. 

LOL not really. I voted 3. A really good pilot who understands the game, and his inherent advantages (like ping, net speed, hardware controls etc)...can be frustrating. Often, the map doesn't have enough tools to fight them. I do wonder how they can dive from so high up through the clouds, where they can't see an infy, and infy can't see them cause of distance clouds/fog ...and yet the bombs comes down your throat. Oh well lots I don't get but the point I wanted to make is....

I think it's AWESOME when you request an ace pilot to change teams and he/she does. It's the true test of a player that wants the best for the game. I've seen a few do it...and I have seen a few only interested in piling up the kills, regardless of a team win/flags. way it goes. 

The map start team populations, auto switch, self switch, stacking, smurfs have always been so interesting to me. There are some players I've rarely if ever been on the same team with, and odd observation if it's a random function . There are some players and admins who always...ALWAYS! seem to be on the winning team. I wonder how some maps have such OVERHWLEMINGLY disproportionate scores, if the teams are randomly or seeded picks. (maybe this is where stacking comes n? Not sure why a self switch is allowed...although i AM guilty of it when I'm auto'd....sometimes I switch back if I have fought tooo hard, even in a loss. Alts (smurfs?) should be discouraged, as this is a community typically it should be a good thing to know who yer with or aginst. :)

This is not meant to be a complaining post. Just some observation from a knob. Er noob.  I truly respect and appreciate the admins concern for player concerns, and attempting to find ways to make the game more enjoyable for all players. THANK YOU~!  :yourock:

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Yes, kick the last remainder of skill in our server so noobs can be save. Now they only have to worry about winning an expack battle against another expacker, JAJAJA I killed you!!! BOOM! (Killed himself in the process).

• Angerfist likes this

#18 Angerfist

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:22 AM

Yes, kick the last remainder of skill in our server so noobs can be save. Now they only have to worry about winning an expack battle against another expacker, JAJAJA I killed you!!! BOOM! (Killed himself in the process).

"Gotcha"

#19 Moving Target

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

That can't be right joy.png

When I am the only player I am THE ace pilot.

Even that is up for debate.... :)
  • Rubulator likes this

#20 Colonel Tavington

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

Allied ground attack aircraft (jabos) were the bane of German infantry late in the war, so one side sometimes dominating the battlefield with aircraft in the game is not some unrealistic flaw or glitch that is being taken advantage of. Whether any anti pilot stacking measures are taken or not, like Anger said, ADAPT.  Learn the habits of the pilots in question as to where they like to strike (it's not always the base) and what they like to keep on the lookout for and then try to minimize your deaths from them (different routes, better use of cover, spawn at a different flag, try to sneak out of the base and grab a flag, etc). They all have their individual "signatures." 

• Lin and Angerfist like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com