Photo

Pilot Stacking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Pilot Stacking (43 member(s) have cast votes)

How much of a problem is pilot stacking (ace pilots on one side) 1=not - 5=very

1. 1 (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

2. 2 (7 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

3. 3 (11 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. 4 (9 votes [20.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

5. 5 (12 votes [27.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

Vote

#21 Steve2112

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

Allied ground attack aircraft (jabos) were the bane of German infantry late in the war, so one side sometimes dominating the battlefield with aircraft in the game is not some unrealistic flaw or glitch that is being taken advantage of. Whether any anti pilot stacking measures are taken or not, like Anger said, ADAPT.  Learn the habits of the pilots in question as to where they like to strike (it's not always the base) and what they like to keep on the lookout for and then try to minimize your deaths from them (different routes, better use of cover, spawn at a different flag, try to sneak out of the base and grab a flag, etc). They all have their individual "signatures." 

By this logic..."team killing"...aka friendly fire....should not be punished so harshly. It happened. There was one campaign over africa where an air attack was devastatingly fired upon by AA allied friendlies, resulting in much death and destruction. It was an accident...unintentional. 

Now, if you see someone intentionally or habitually doing it...that is much different. Like to try to get equipment and such? 

#22 Steve2112

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

Maybe auto kick if the streak breaks 25 kills with 0 deaths. 

Yes, kick the last remainder of skill in our server so noobs can be save. Now they only have to worry about winning an expack battle against another expacker, JAJAJA I killed you!!! BOOM! (Killed himself in the process).

"Gotcha"

Here...APPEARS to be a good example of disrespecting and downplaying "noobs". So...they don't have such insight as you. But these "noobs" could be the people that help you sustain and build moon. 

I'm not talking about thickheaded dolts like me. I am talking about the general attitude. But maybe around here "noob" is really code for "thick headed dolts".  :cry:

Regardless...some patience and understanding, could STILL go a long way. I get it that it gets old fast. For you it's a never ending avalanche. For others, it's a new baffling thing...old game or not. 

#23 Slash

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

I agree it sucks to get pounded by pilots when there are one or two very good pilots on the other team. But what sucks even more is when your teammates start complaining and quitting because of it. Instead of doing that, learn how to quickly jump into AA and machine guns and do your part in taking them down. If they are dive bombing from the heavens, ya you might not get them on their first loop, but if one or two of you are joining the fight, it works over time. I think that if we learn how to get better in AA, machine guns, and other ways of taking down pilots, it improves the overall quality of the server and the players in it.

• Captain John H. Miller and Spare Parts like this

#24 Colonel Tavington

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

I agree it sucks to get pounded by pilots when there are one or two very good pilots on the other team. But what sucks even more is when your teammates start complaining and quitting because of it. Instead of doing that, learn how to quickly jump into AA and machine guns and do your part in taking them down. If they are dive bombing from the heavens, ya you might not get them on their first loop, but if one or two of you are joining the fight, it works over time. I think that if we learn how to get better in AA, machine guns, and other ways of taking down pilots, it improves the overall quality of the server and the players in it.

And infantry not in AA or in a tank with an MG also firing with whatever they got, the more damage is done the better.  Even if they are not shot down, the more they have to take a few minutes to land in a safe spot, repair and takeoff again the better, it helps take the pressure off for at least a little bit.

• Angerfist and LeaD FarmeR like this

#25 Steve2112

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

And infantry not in AA or in a tank with an MG also firing with whatever they got, the more damage is done the better.  Even if they are not shot down, the more they have to take a few minutes to land in a safe spot, repair and takeoff again the better, it helps take the pressure off for at least a little bit.

AGREE! Do some damage to those hotshot planes from the ground will make it easier for even an average pilot to down them. Even if all I got is an infy rifle...I'll blast them with that!  TEAMWORK!

• LeaD FarmeR likes this

#26 Angelito

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

Grassy, on 09 Nov 2016 - 2:59 PM, said:Grassy, on 09 Nov 2016 - 2:59 PM, said:

If 2 of these pilots end up on one team, one will keep the AA down and strafe the airfield. while the other will systematically take out vehicles.  

that's me!

Fisrt excuse my English, it is not my main language but I want to add my two cents.
I've voted a 3 only because plane superiority is not that dangerous in all the maps.
I am addressing more about planes abilities to affect game than pilot stacking because just one good pilot can impact a lot in a round, it is not dificult to keep under control or shoot down good pilots, the thing is that right now you have to take "your time" to do it.

I don't know if you can limit the number of bombs a plane carries but I know its kind of BS to kill 5 tanks in 40 secs bombloops over marketgarden's bridges, if they can edit that and force the plane to reload every two bombs will reduce the impact a lot.
You can always (pilots gonna want to kill me... ) enable the cockpit view on planes, that will reduce the accuracy and impact the planes have on the game but it will probably make the pilots migrate to an other server.
There are players like Mr Magoo who are very effective against planes/pilots (I dont know if he hates my guts,,,) the thing is that he puts a lot of time to do it, most players wanna go using vehicles, taking flags, dueling with their guns, throwing grenades, etc and wont take the time to stay by an AA for one minute waiting for a 2 sec window to open fire on a plane, Mr.Maggo do it, and he do it well, he makes a great job keeping planes away, so my advice is to give all the players the chance to do the same without force them to sacrifice their gaming preferences, and that means putting AA everywhere, that already worked well in modded maps like kharkov and el alamein, so put AAs at the bridges flags in Market and also at the church, move the AAs at Afs closer to the areas where the plane spawns (that's where players are sitting/waiting), put lots of AAs in every map.
Well that's my two cents.

Do you like my avatar??????

#27 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

There is no counter for some of these pilots. They have memorized every map. They know exactly where and when to start their dive to attack aa. The aa is limited or poorly positioned on the maps. The aa is also not effective when you do hit them. The pilots usually stay completely out of range but are still able to bomb you. I've seen many games where no vehicles can even move on the map. Its also funny to me that these great pilots loiter above the enemy airfield and attack as soon a person gets in a plane. With the new base camping rules is that even allowed now?  Wouldn't it be more fun to dogfight with them in the air? Oh that's right, the pilots we are talking about don't seem to like to be challenged. They would rather just pad their stats and never move from their seat.  I love playing on Moon but I've had enough of the selfish self serving pilots out there. It ruins the game for everyone...except them. This game should be fun but when certain people show up it isn't . Pilots like Angelito and Twilight have learned how to cheat the game. I'm really not sure what the answer is other than to leave when they show up. I realize that wouldn't be good for the server.

• alittlegirl likes this

#28 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

5+

#29 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:05 AM

There is no counter for some of these pilots. 

Teamwork. AA's and machineguns.

They have memorized every map.

You haven't?

With the new base camping rules is that even allowed now? 

It depends on the situation. Have you read the topic or the grey text that cycles through in game? If not please read: http://www.moongamer...showtopic=65383

Pilots like Angelito and Twilight have learned how to cheat the game.

Cheat the game how? Please explain.

• Angerfist likes this

#30 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

I think this thread should be locked. Because it is the same material over and over.

This game has been this way since day one!!!

Either live with it, or suck it up and play.

#31 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

There is no counter for some of these pilots.

Teamwork. AA's and machineguns.

They have memorized every map.

You haven't?

With the new base camping rules is that even allowed now?

It depends on the situation. Have you read the topic or the grey text that cycles through in game? If not please read: http://www.moongamer...showtopic=65383

Pilots like Angelito and Twilight have learned how to cheat the game.

Cheat the game how? Please explain.

As I said before, aa doesn't work well enough with these guys. I die over and over again trying to shoot them down and I can't. I don't have a problem shooting down most planes. Getting in aa against them is just taking one for the team, which I do a lot.

#32 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

It's true, I'm sure this kind of bs has been going on since the beginning. Back then these pilots had a counter force though, each other, and I'm sure there were a bunch of them. The game has changed. Now they fly around unopposed usually on the same team.

I memorized the map to move around the game and be able to play it. They exploit the game by attacking in such a way that there is little or no defense. As infantry They can't be shot down by aa. Their constant 99-3 kill/death ratio is evidence of that. If you want to bury your head in the sand that's up to you. I'm just stating facts. If you had these pilots on opposite teams they would counter each other but I don't think they want that.

It's not fun to play when absolutely nothing, not even infantry can move on the map due to these pilots. I'm pretty sure that isn't good for the game. When I see it happening I guess I will just start logging off. I'm not going to let those selfish self serving _____s pad their stats with my corpse over and over again.

#33 Colonel Tavington

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

It can be frustrating, Olin, but here's an example of what I'm talking about.  I played Market Garden yesterday as Axis. At the start I got killed several times in a row by the pilots while spawning at across the river flags.  So I spawned at the base most of the time and was careful about crossing the river.  That pretty much put an end to it, and I was able to play my ground game and use cover at the flags I helped take (and then use as much cover as possible to move elsewhere) to avoid getting killed by the pilots.  If I'm minimizing my losses to them and am able to play a competitive game it doesn't matter to me if they have a 55-0 score or not or never get shot down.  If you only have your base and it's a smaller one (like the Allied ones on Market and Bocage) and it is really being shutdown, then fire at the planes with anything you've got.  The pilots generally have to fly lower to try to kill people in and around buildings and will be more vulnerable to ground fire (and even crashing if they get tunnel vision).  But every so often there will be games (like in sports) where nothing works and that's just the nature of the beast.  

#34 mexican eskimo

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Grassy, on 09 Nov 2016 - 2:59 PM, said:Grassy, on 09 Nov 2016 - 2:59 PM, said:

If 2 of these pilots end up on one team, one will keep the AA down and strafe the airfield. while the other will systematically take out vehicles.  

that's me!

Fisrt excuse my English, it is not my main language but I want to add my two cents.
I've voted a 3 only because plane superiority is not that dangerous in all the maps.
I am addressing more about planes abilities to affect game than pilot stacking because just one good pilot can impact a lot in a round, it is not dificult to keep under control or shoot down good pilots, the thing is that right now you have to take "your time" to do it.

I don't know if you can limit the number of bombs a plane carries but I know its kind of BS to kill 5 tanks in 40 secs bombloops over marketgarden's bridges, if they can edit that and force the plane to reload every two bombs will reduce the impact a lot.
You can always (pilots gonna want to kill me... ) enable the cockpit view on planes, that will reduce the accuracy and impact the planes have on the game but it will probably make the pilots migrate to an other server.
There are players like Mr Magoo who are very effective against planes/pilots (I dont know if he hates my guts,,,) the thing is that he puts a lot of time to do it, most players wanna go using vehicles, taking flags, dueling with their guns, throwing grenades, etc and wont take the time to stay by an AA for one minute waiting for a 2 sec window to open fire on a plane, Mr.Maggo do it, and he do it well, he makes a great job keeping planes away, so my advice is to give all the players the chance to do the same without force them to sacrifice their gaming preferences, and that means putting AA everywhere, that already worked well in modded maps like kharkov and el alamein, so put AAs at the bridges flags in Market and also at the church, move the AAs at Afs closer to the areas where the plane spawns (that's where players are sitting/waiting), put lots of AAs in every map.
Well that's my two cents.

Do you like my avatar??????

I agree with AA everywhere.  They are good vs tanks, and aircraft.  Pilot stacking can be tough, but if there is enough AA to minimize them it's fine.  It all depends on the maps though.  Maps with lots of open flat land are awful if pilot stacking.  Maps that have places to hide and trees aren't bad.  

I'd assume these pilots know how to avoid your fire as best they can.  Good pilots can be shot down, but good pilots tend to know angles in which to better avoid your fire.  

#35 Slash

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

There is no counter for some of these pilots. They have memorized every map. They know exactly where and when to start their dive to attack aa. The aa is limited or poorly positioned on the maps. The aa is also not effective when you do hit them. The pilots usually stay completely out of range but are still able to bomb you. I've seen many games where no vehicles can even move on the map. Its also funny to me that these great pilots loiter above the enemy airfield and attack as soon a person gets in a plane. With the new base camping rules is that even allowed now?  Wouldn't it be more fun to dogfight with them in the air? Oh that's right, the pilots we are talking about don't seem to like to be challenged. They would rather just pad their stats and never move from their seat.  I love playing on Moon but I've had enough of the selfish self serving pilots out there. It ruins the game for everyone...except them. This game should be fun but when certain people show up it isn't . Pilots like Angelito and Twilight have learned how to cheat the game. I'm really not sure what the answer is other than to leave when they show up. I realize that wouldn't be good for the server.

Not sure if you remember, but we played a round of Kharkov last night and you and I were on the Axis team. Twilight and another loop bomber pilot, garbage, were on the Allied team. Garbage (not sure if this was a smurfing account) wasn't as good as Twilight, but still the Allies had two good loop bombers. The Axis still easily won the round because we had better infantry and a few people who were willing to jump in AA and take a bad KDR for the team. Even though the air power was way out of balance, it didn't ruin the round and it was still a competitive game. I'm not sure if you remember but I just wanted your take on this round.

#36 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

#37 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

It can be frustrating, Olin, but here's an example of what I'm talking about.  I played Market Garden yesterday as Axis. At the start I got killed several times in a row by the pilots while spawning at across the river flags.  So I spawned at the base most of the time and was careful about crossing the river.  That pretty much put an end to it, and I was able to play my ground game and use cover at the flags I helped take (and then use as much cover as possible to move elsewhere) to avoid getting killed by the pilots.  If I'm minimizing my losses to them and am able to play a competitive game it doesn't matter to me if they have a 55-0 score or not or never get shot down.  If you only have your base and it's a smaller one (like the Allied ones on Market and Bocage) and it is really being shutdown, then fire at the planes with anything you've got.  The pilots generally have to fly lower to try to kill people in and around buildings and will be more vulnerable to ground fire (and even crashing if they get tunnel vision).  But every so often there will be games (like in sports) where nothing works and that's just the nature of the beast.

Thank you for the advice. I always use cover when I can. With the pilots we're talking about it doesn't matter. I was being killed while standing inside of a bunker. if the aa packed more punch and had more range to kill the cloud divers that do the little dip at 15000 feet, that would help. I'm seriously just sick of it.
  • alittlegirl likes this

#38 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

Not sure if you remember, but we played a round of Kharkov last night and you and I were on the Axis team. Twilight and another loop bomber pilot, garbage, were on the Allied team. Garbage (not sure if this was a smurfing account) wasn't as good as Twilight, but still the Allies had two good loop bombers. The Axis still easily won the round because we had better infantry and a few people who were willing to jump in AA and take a bad KDR for the team. Even though the air power was way out of balance, it didn't ruin the round and it was still a competitive game. I'm not sure if you remember but I just wanted your take on this round.
I do remember. I think I had high score that round. It was a fun round. I stayed out of our main base because they were carpet bombing it. I also used all of the cover that's available on that map. There was never any aa on top of the hill because all three guns were destroyed as soon as they appeared. In that particular game it was still a problem but not as big of a problem.

#39 Olin

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

If we don't have enough wizard pilots to go around please give inf the tools needed to take care of it. Wouldn't it be great to see the pilots complaining about being crushed by our aa?

#40 D Day

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

I believe more AA would help.

• Grinch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com