Photo

Maps not working in game...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lol_headshot

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

I tryed extracting 2 different maps, dod_snow_canyon_small_v1, and dod_abbey_b1,
I had them extraced in the proper folder, did everything from, restarting steam, to re extracting them and I got Nothin'. Anyone who might know a solution to this problem please let me know, thanks.

#2 WTBass

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hey buddy, what cha mean you got nothing? Did it say map not found or does it just sit there and do nothing?

I've got em both and don't have any trouble...I was playing yesterday morning on moon checking the small canyon out and another player was connecting and he was able to download the map...it took him a little while as it didn't come from the ftp box but from the game server and it did load. We played for about 20 minutes....

Holler back and let me know....

#3 lol_headshot

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hey buddy, what cha mean you got nothing? Did it say map not found or does it just sit there and do nothing?

I've got em both and don't have any trouble...I was playing yesterday morning on moon checking the small canyon out and another player was connecting and he was able to download the map...it took him a little while as it didn't come from the ftp box but from the game server and it did load. We played for about 20 minutes....

Holler back and let me know....

Well I downloaded the maps and extracted them from a site because I couldn't download them straight from the moon dod:s server, and when I finished extracting them and all I started up DoD:S and figured I should test them, but for whatever reason dod doesn't know that I extracted them, ex. maps dont show up in map list when creating a server in dod. Yet I can see them in my maps folder where I extracted them to. What I mean is that my DoD:S dosn't register the maps that I extracted. Hope this clears up my other post

Oh and also when I tryed joing the server and it was on the canyon, map it would start to download it and then tell that I'm missing maps "dod_snow_canyon_small_v1", when I had already extracted them into my maps folder

#4 lol_headshot

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

If you would like to, you can usually find me in TS if you want to respond easier, rather than typing, if I'm not in TS then just post

#5 Comet

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

I asked you to try the other map dod_abbey, you told me the same thing was happening, that rules out a bad map. For what ever reason as you have mentioned your maps are not being recognized.

If in doubt I would wipe DoD:S clean from your computer. I know that sounds drastic but I see no other option at this point. I did the same last time I had an issue and it cleared up my problem.

...see ya tonight!

#6 WTBass

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

I'll look for you in a bit headshot... we will get this straight! :)

#7 lol_headshot

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

Yeah I figured out the problem, well my brother actually... Turns out I had steam installed twice on my comp, don't ask me how though, all I really know is there were two. I was extracting the maps to the wrong steam folder (which has now been deleted) and so it would not register. Anyways problem is solved and so no more worries.

#8 WTBass

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:38 AM

n00b! ;)

Glad to hear from you buddy! :)

#9 Doc_UK

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

Yey, you're back!

Interested in the upcoming (Date to be confirmed soon) match??
http://www.moongamer...showtopic=35729

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com