Photo

Mac map conundrum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Redshirt

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

I cannot seem to find the location to put new maps for DOD on my Mac. I was hoping some other mac user, or anyone for that matter, would know where to put new maps. Thanks. :applaud:

#2 Monkey

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

I cannot seem to find the location to put new maps for DOD on my Mac. I was hoping some other mac user, or anyone for that matter, would know where to put new maps. Thanks. :applaud:

Does Steam not download them from the server? I will find the location but I had always thought Steam did it when you when tot go in the server with the custom map running.

#3 Monkey

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

With Steam only being a few months old for Mac there is not much out there for the actual file location. I found 2 places mentioned one was "Documents" the other was "~/Library/Application Support/Steam". As for the place to put the maps... after finding it I do not see things being all that much different than PC.. Locate your Steam Apps, Username, gamename, shortgamename, then maps.

#4 Comet

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

Red tried a few times but the auto d/l never took. We suggested he put the map available here in Forum into his maps folder, hence the search for the folder. I've spent the past 30 mins looking myself, sorry to say I came up with nothing.

Perhaps a search for another map, lets say...dod_kalt might point the way.

#5 Section8

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hmm.... I will talk to a guy I work with who is both a DOD freak and a mac guru as well. Maybe he can figure it out. Will post tomorrow.

#6 Redshirt

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the input so far. I did try to locate the map folder by searching for maps I already knew the name for such as Kalt and Flash. I'll check in the document folders when I get home, some games use that location for save info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com