Photo

MochaBrown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MochaBrown

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

1. What name were you, your brother or your cousin playing under at the time.
MochaBrown

2. Server you were playing on
DoD:S Mostly Custom

3. What is your Steam_ID.
STEAM_0:1:8922866

5. Please provide the date and time (including time zone) you think you were banned
November 3, 2012 @ 9:30pm EST

6. What were you doing at the time?
Playing Flash and was banned without any verbal or text warning.

7. If you saw and Admin on please list their name also if possible.
Lin

#2 Lin

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

You and your friends are too much work. You don't like our rules, you run together and chat spam to the point where normal strat play is pretty much impossible. You are disrespectful and you really enjoy bringing up topics that just ride the edge of "is this acceptable or is it going to result in trouble". You and your gang were warned last night and tonight. I finally got tired of being on alert and straining to hear gameplay, and I got tired of having to respond to the complaints about you and your gang. There are plenty of other servers out there, I'm sure you and your friends will find one that actually enjoys your witty repartee.

#3 MochaBrown

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

You and your friends are too much work. You don't like our rules, you run together and chat spam to the point where normal strat play is pretty much impossible. You are disrespectful and you really enjoy bringing up topics that just ride the edge of "is this acceptable or is it going to result in trouble". You and your gang were warned last night and tonight. I finally got tired of being on alert and straining to hear gameplay, and I got tired of having to respond to the complaints about you and your gang. There are plenty of other servers out there, I'm sure you and your friends will find one that actually enjoys your witty repartee.

Thank you for your timely response but, if you will permit, we need to clear up a couple of points.
If your server is set for normal strat play then all talk would not be turned on. Strat play relies on the other team not being able to hear what your team is planning or calling out when you're alive. As for disrespect and pushing the edge you are exactly correct but, for the wrong reason. We've been coming to your server for the better part of four weeks now and can say, with great conviction, that every admin and almost every regular we've come in contact with has broken each rule on your MoTD. When your admining is contrary to the MoTD and not handled equally amongst all players, regular or newcomer alike, this sets down a precedent of which we followed. Lastly, you are correct there are plenty of other servers still up, though the population continues to decrease. We were hoping to find a DoD:S home and unfortunately MoonGamers is not it.
Good games and good luck while it lasts.
~Mocha

#4 Lin

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thank you for your civil response, but we must disagree on a couple of points.

Our server is set for fun play, not competition play. Alltalk is on by default, but set to team talk when voted on by the players. Fun play and comp play are not dichotomous; we do strategize in spite of the Alltalk. If you have been playing regularly for enough time you likely would have picked up on that.

I daresay that I play these servers more than you. Our admins are among the more fair and objective administrators out there. We don't kick players for saying "boo", we prefer to tell them about the rules and allow them the choice to abide by them, or not. In any case, other players are not the issue here, nor are our admins. You and your friends were the issue here; redirection is not going to work, nor is trying to imply that you followed our lead in breaking the rules. We allow them to be bent to a certain extent in order to try to educate the players. When they cannot be educated, when they continue to disrespect and disrupt our server, then it's time to go. We play to have fun, not to work. We treat players equally; their response dictates their end.

We do agree that in we do not provide the kind of playing ground that you will need. I do not want to be insulted and disrespected in my own home, and it is clear that you prefer a less disciplined arena. That is a player preference, and that is why there are many different playing environments available in DoD:S Land. You will always be welcome back should you decide you can play within our rulesets and without undermining our admins, disrespecting our players, or breaking our rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com