Photo

IWO JIMA Mod

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Played it yesterday, seems a bit more balanced. Was allied for the start, had japs stuck to ships, became axis and took flags back. Easy enough to even up from either side, boat spawns keep round alive. Seems more balanced.

#42 Renlist

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

Played it yesterday, seems a bit more balanced. Was allied for the start, had japs stuck to ships, became axis and took flags back. Easy enough to even up from either side, boat spawns keep round alive. Seems more balanced.

I think Iwo Jima was modded because of the declining server participation. Okay. I can see that. The only bummer is... when the server is fairly well populated (16+ vs.16+), the unmodded Iwo Jima map rulez over the modded Iwo Jima map.  

#43 Grassy

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:09 AM

I think Iwo Jima was modded because of the declining server participation. Okay. I can see that. The only bummer is... when the server is fairly well populated (16+ vs.16+), the unmodded Iwo Jima map rulez over the modded Iwo Jima map.  

Totally Agreed!

#44 Renlist

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:59 AM

Admins are gods of any server. They maintain it, keep the riff-raff out, etc.  They look down on us mere mortals.

#45 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

Admins are gods of any server. They maintain it, keep the riff-raff out, etc.  They look down on us mere mortals.

We're all player first, admin later. If everyone thought of the other players as well and abide the rules there would hardly be an use for admins (setting maps probably). The mods we think of and implement are all thought of as a player; what do we (as a player) need to counter X?, what would be a fun addition? What mods will make map Y run better? This is how we think while modding.

Unfortunately, the first new Iwo version wasn't recieved well. Although the theory behind it sounded pretty balanced and cool, less planes, naval battles and the map that was 'evened' out. The players didn't like it, so we changed it again. 

#46 Grassy

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

edited for content

#47 Horace Greeley

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I actually tried to find some good points on this map.   

I can't  

the bases are set up like a base ball diamond, no head to head action and absolutely no logistics.

Boats...well kinda messy  Water mass is too small for two destroyers and two Carriers.  A destroyer parked in the right place can camp the mountain spawn and allies ship spawn at the same time.

Of course this is just my opinion...I'm kinda new here and don't know much :)

I like the original map, my self.

#48 shavo

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Sweep the leg !!!

#49 Renlist

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

It might be too much to ask that the "gods" reverse a "godly decree" ? (Iwo mod).  Why not run a poll on it?  Too ungodly? Too humiliating? 

#50 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

It might be too much to ask that the "gods" reverse a "godly decree" ? (Iwo mod).  Why not run a poll on it?  Too ungodly? Too humiliating? 

Just try it for some weeks, it might grow on you.

#51 Renlist

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

I've been playing the Iwo Jima modded map for weeks now.

The game action is slowed down terribly, especially when there's a good crowd on hand. Even the top players end up with just 0.2 kills per minute over 45 minutes.   With a good crowd, the old Iwo Jima had three times the action, with players averaging more than a measly  0.2 kills a minute. Those are the facts. 

The only advantage to this mod is when there are less people playing.  With a good crowd, it's boring as hell, and a downer turn off. 

A lot of people just want the map to be over. Then afterwards, the player count drops off because It was too slow and boring. 

As it stands now, it's a zero adrenaline map.

So, kindly take that into consideration.

#52 Renlist

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

Stalingrad when it is 6 vs. 6 is better than new Iwo Jima when it's 16 vs.16. Sad but true. The action on new Iwo is incredibly slow. It usually ends up with everyone having 0.1 kills per minute. I suppose New Iwo accommodates having less people on this server and all.  Only, lol...when the server gets populated...New Iwo is a waste of a populated server (34 ppl playing).  Everyone will still end up with an average of 0.1 kills per minute. New Iwo Jima is OK (barely) without that many playing....it's passable.  There should be two Iwo Jima maps.  One when the server is low  (new Iwo) and the other (original) when the server becomes populated.   Maybe this summer.  

Make that happen, be snappy about it.   Family Guy episode.  Pissed off warden about prison escape.   "Not this morning, not after CSI... NOW!   

#53 Grassy

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

I was there, the mod needs to be reverted to the original version. Mod version takes away the urgency of both sides.

#54 Catman

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

I was there, the mod needs to be reverted to the original version. Mod version takes away the urgency of both sides.

Agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com