Photo

PB "Service abnormality" error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vidovic

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Alright. I cannot stay on the Moongamers server for longer than 5 seconds. It will kick me immediately and display a message saying "Service abnormality". I used the TanksPBupdate self-extractor. Still nothing. Not the firewall, there are exceptions for both the game and PB, and the PnkBstrA file.

Why is this so complicated.... ? :weird:

What's the problem? Also, i reinstalled the entire game because of this aswell, beforehand. Still nothing. What can i do to fix this? ... Am i missing any files in the PB folder... What's going on?

#2 Vidovic

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Alright. I cannot stay on the Moongamers server for longer than 5 seconds. It will kick me immediately and display a message saying "Service abnormality". I used the TanksPBupdate self-extractor. Still nothing. Not the firewall, there are exceptions for both the game and PB, and the PnkBstrA file.

Why is this so complicated.... ? :weird:

What's the problem? Also, i reinstalled the entire game because of this aswell, beforehand. Still nothing. What can i do to fix this? ... Am i missing any files in the PB folder... What's going on?

UPDATE: Alright, i've tried the second method. I got pbsetup to list BF 1942. It updates, and says no new updates are needed. Version up to date. So that basically confirms that it successfully updated... What else could be wrong...? FFS!

#3 Section8

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

What system are you running please? vista, windows 7?

Not sure if this is your issue but want to cover the basics.

If W7, right click 42 short cut, select properties, compatibility tab, make sure you run as administrator and choose service pack 3 and check.

If Vista, do the same thing and choose service pack 2. (You may have to do one more thing for Vista)

P.S. I have moved this in the technical section where you are more likely to receive help. Good luck.

#4 Vidovic

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

What system are you running please? vista, windows 7?

Not sure if this is your issue but want to cover the basics.

If W7, right click 42 short cut, select properties, compatibility tab, make sure you run as administrator and choose service pack 3 and check.

If Vista, do the same thing and choose service pack 2. (You may have to do one more thing for Vista)

P.S. I have moved this in the technical section where you are more likely to receive help. Good luck.

Vista 64 Home Premium, and...By Service Pack 2, im assuming you mean XP compat mode? Dont think that'll do it.Might have tried already, i'll try again and report back. Also, interestingly...This only happens when i try and play on Moongamers... Its frustrating as hell...

Edited by Vidovic, 07 February 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#5 Section8

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yes, I did mean XP compat mode. Sorry for not being specific.

Okay, first things first.
After research and help from the MoonGamers guru, it appears you did not run the punkbuster file which is the only way you will be allowed to play on punkbuster servers.

Please click on this link: Punkbuster

Next, choose "Moon Files" (Monkey Fix) as this seems to be the one that does the trick.

Next, click on Punkbuster for 1942 and follow his directions. Good luck with this as this should do it.

If however, you are still having issues as in you are able to play but for only 3 to 5 minutes before you keep getting booted out for punkbuster, its most likely the issue below: (THis is the other thing I spoke about in the other post)

You may have no other choice but to turn your UAC off.
I did this years ago and have never had the first issue but I will post a little of what it is about. (You can google this to learn more about it as well if so desired.)

UAC:
Windows Vista has the built-in ability to automatically reduce the potential of security breaches in the system.
It does that by automatically enabling a feature called User Account Control (or UAC for short).
The UAC forces users that are part of the local administrators group to run like they were regular users with no administrative privileges (What is in bold is most likely the reason it and PB do not get a long.)

Like it or not, this feature in Vista can play havoc with punkbuster so be prepared.

Good luck

Section 8

P.S. And just covering the basics but something missed many a time. Remember to enable the pb setting, at bottom of screen, once you run 42.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com