Photo

Take a good look at this this topic. Picture says a thousand words.

Mismanagement big time

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 Angerfist

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Maybe players just don't like to get the main raped 24/7 by the same lowskill lowping jeep n zook nubs. Just a theory.

• sagittarii and Twilight like this

#62 posi

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

One big happy unified Admin Team on Moon!  No quibbling in the ranks whatsoever..  no sir!   :rofl2: We function as a whole!   

:slipped:  

Now, Get in game and disregard what you read here!   We do have a team, our opinions differ often and to this day.

Our oversight of the game however is practiced, measured and follows well scripted procedure.       :wave:

• birney and Spare Parts like this

#63 Grassy

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

I played for a bit today...SP and Sag were on deck...good job guys

#64 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

This thread has de-friggin-railed folks.

You are never going to get the donations from me or anyone to keep this server alive unless you guys spice things up with your maps and rotation. You need pop. And pinning your hopes on Marketplace all the time aint working.

Friendly reminder that this is the focal point and initial topic of discussion by the OP. I don't blame the core team for not taking these threads seriously when they derail into a bucket of every complaint under the sun.

Go talk about lag and spawn times in another thread.

and Hairy , El Nas CTF always draws them in.   I was in that game.

I will flat out admit that my post is not grounds for a solid argument as it may have been an oddity that Moon's population was beat out like that.

But please think about what you typed there....
"Al Nas (small map) CTF always draws them in."

....aaaand back to my original post.... please TRY.

#65 Moving Target

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

This thread has de-friggin-railed folks.

You are never going to get the donations from me or anyone to keep this server alive unless you guys spice things up with your maps and rotation. You need pop. And pinning your hopes on Marketplace all the time aint working.

Friendly reminder that this is the focal point and initial topic of discussion by the OP. I don't blame the core team for not taking these threads seriously when they derail into a bucket of every complaint under the sun.

Go talk about lag and spawn times in another thread.

and Hairy , El Nas CTF always draws them in.   I was in that game.

I will flat out admit that my post is not grounds for a solid argument as it may have been an oddity that Moon's population was beat out like that.

But please think about what you typed there....
"Al Nas (small map) CTF always draws them in."

....aaaand back to my original post.... please TRY.

You forgot to add to not kill Moving Target.  That is the worst thing possible for the server.  The Target gets killed, and nobody is happy

#66 Grinch

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Maybe players just don't like to get the main raped 24/7 by the same lowskill lowping jeep n zook nubs. Just a theory.

Maybe they do not like being raped in the main by planes who do not care for competition, Just a theory.

I guess everyone wants the game to be played, "Their Way".

#67 gregefc

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

I care for competition it's just too bad nobody takes the time to get better and would rather bitch than practice.

#68 Angerfist

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

Maybe they do not like being raped in the main by planes who do not care for competition, Just a theory.

Please explain, I don't get it. What role does the word "competition" play in the context ? And are you trying to tell me that the standard lowskill baseraper is caring  for competition while he is pounding the uncap spawnpoint with 3 tanks, 2 nadespammers and a plane ?

#69 Colonel Tavington

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

657870444_00a6cdec1e.jpg?v=0

#70 Steve2112

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Please explain, I don't get it. What role does the word "competition" play in the context ? And are you trying to tell me that the standard lowskill baseraper is caring  for competition while he is pounding the uncap spawnpoint with 3 tanks, 2 nadespammers and a plane ?

That is one very talented gamer right there! He's prolly a Russian I'd say. 

#71 Angerfist

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

I care for competition it's just too bad nobody takes the time to get better and would rather bitch than practice.

Months and years go by, and the server killer / ruiner of fun trophy was passed on from the "obvious BS!!!111 one shot ?" hacker snipers with their fancy "impossible quick aim" and "fast reload" bots to the invincible "twohundred bullets and nothing !!11!!, impossible to shoot down / how does he know I was there ?" hacker pilots. Another tankwhore even mentioned once on Bocage that "Moon must do something against those invincible Tigers", I felt kinda honored. Even the "nurse" medics (since when is "nurse" an insult?) get their little piece of the pie once in a while.

As an answer to the whiners, some of the accused players posted videos of their gameplay and tried to help with some hints.

But instead of asking for advice, at least trying to get a little bit better, or trying to focus on teamplay, the ultimate recipe is still the same for the crowd of whiners : explosives in close combat (oops, again tk ? sry accident!), spray & pray, ramming, kamikaze, egoistic camping which often harms the own team's effort. Dull & simple. Combined with open disrespect and even pure hate towards those who reached a different level. Even mediocre or kinda better players join the choir instead of simply trying to arranging some teamwork. Pretty sensitive gurlish behavior from guys who yell at others to "fight like a man".

It's pretty disgusting that I have to protect individual regulars almost everytime I'm in the server from those regular players who even refuse to go one step ahead. Or can't. Usually, the better players don't brag about how bad a lot of the others are, even though it is funny in a grotesque way how relentless idiocracy gets repeated by some. On the other hand, way too many not that good players absolutely feel justified to "protest" against those who got better step by step.

The game is fourteen years old, that's enough time for developing some "competitive" abilities. Like Greg said, most of the better players would be happy to have more competition. But that doesn't happen because it's more convenient to spit hate, bitch & whine than trying to adapt & overcome. At least accept things how they are, if there is an exceptional player online, you (and me and everybody) will die more often by his hand. No one expects you to bring your gameplay to a highclass level, everybody plays for fun. But stop blaming the few very good players for the struggling server pop. I know enough players who simply stopped playing because of the lack of quality, no matter which class / vehicle.

Stop hating on greatness. Get good and / or stop whining. Seriously.

• Twilight likes this

#72 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Months and years go by, and the server killer / ruiner of fun trophy was passed on from the "obvious BS!!!111 one shot ?" hacker snipers with their fancy "impossible quick aim" and "fast reload" bots to the invincible "twohundred bullets and nothing !!11!!, impossible to shoot down / how does he know I was there ?" hacker pilots. Another tankwhore even mentioned once on Bocage that "Moon must do something against those invincible Tigers", I felt kinda honored. Even the "nurse" medics (since when is "nurse" an insult?) get their little piece of the pie once in a while.

As an answer to the whiners, some of the accused players posted videos of their gameplay and tried to help with some hints.

But instead of asking for advice, at least trying to get a little bit better, or trying to focus on teamplay, the ultimate recipe is still the same for the crowd of whiners : explosives in close combat (oops, again tk ? sry accident!), spray & pray, ramming, kamikaze, egoistic camping which often harms the own team's effort. Dull & simple. Combined with open disrespect and even pure hate towards those who reached a different level. Even mediocre or kinda better players join the choir instead of simply trying to arranging some teamwork. Pretty sensitive gurlish behavior from guys who yell at others to "fight like a man".

It's pretty disgusting that I have to protect individual regulars almost everytime I'm in the server from those regular players who even refuse to go one step ahead. Or can't. Usually, the better players don't brag about how bad a lot of the others are, even though it is funny in a grotesque way how relentless idiocracy gets repeated by some. On the other hand, way too many not that good players absolutely feel justified to "protest" against those who got better step by step.

The game is fourteen years old, that's enough time for developing some "competitive" abilities. Like Greg said, most of the better players would be happy to have more competition. But that doesn't happen because it's more convenient to spit hate, bitch & whine than trying to adapt & overcome. At least accept things how they are, if there is an exceptional player online, you (and me and everybody) will die more often by his hand. No one expects you to bring your gameplay to a highclass level, everybody plays for fun. But stop blaming the few very good players for the struggling server pop. I know enough players who simply stopped playing because of the lack of quality, no matter which class / vehicle.

Stop hating on greatness. Get good and / or stop whining. Seriously.

No one is asking for protection. I am sure of that.

It is a game, which in turn means it is meant to be played as fun. Correct?

Throwing out there "Get Good" kinda makes me chuckle. It is just a game, Correct?

I fail to understand anyone, who plays a game, has to get upset with the game.

If for one minute you feel wronged by this game or any others. Then I would venture to guess you are not matured enough to be playing .

Thanks for reading.

Isn't it great that we can agree to disagree....     :)

Oh and PS. Isn't it funny how after this thread has reached 4 pages, how far from the original post of this thread we all have

went way way away from the original topic.

We humans are such silly creatures.

#73 gregefc

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

I don't have a problem with how anyone chooses to play the game. I think what angerfist is getting at is the people who constantly moan. If you want to ride around in a jeep all map that's fine. If you want to expack me that's fine. But the people that moan when they get killed by superior players are the buzzkill. That's also when I will start trolling them.

#74 Spare Parts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

I often wonder, what do the ARMA people think about all of us BF1942 maniacs?

#75 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

They don't think about us ='(

#76 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

WTH is ARMA??????

#77 Rubulator

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

They don't think about us ='(

​ARMA folks are more cerebral than 42 players...

They just chuckle in our general direction

#78 Grassy

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Disgusting in bold letters is pretty harsh against players who may not understand someone's virtual greatness in a game, they probably just downloaded or even players who aren't that good that have had the game a while

If a volunteer admining position disgusts you, Dude take a break and just play,

Don't sweat the small stuff bro, you better than that

#79 Hornet

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

I understand that the original topic is different than this, but I wanted to address some of the recent posts in this thread.

There are situations that develop where the argument of "players need to get good" simply does not apply.  A combination of factors can make one team so vastly superior than the other that there is no way any sort of strategy will make a difference.  This sort of superiority of one team over another is what drives players away and makes games miserable.  No amount telling players they need to get better will change the fact that there is nothing a losing team can do in that situation.  

For example, yesterday in a round of Battleaxe, axis had an ace pilot.  This pilot was not actively baseraping or anything like that, but they were efficiently taking out any piece of armor that left allied main.  The other axis pilot was doing the work of base raping and runway strafing.  These two pilots essentially prevented allies from having effective planes or tanks for the duration of the round.  Axis also had a couple of players who were decent with a tank staying in defensible positions pinning down infantry leaving the allied main.  Finally, axis had one of those veteran snipers that was just picking off infantry left and right trying to get flags.  This sniper would periodically get into a wespe to lay down arty on flags under attack.  Being on allied in this example is downright miserable.  It sucks the fun right out of the game because it's simply a matter of futility where there's nothing you can do.  You have no air support because of that ace pilot, no armor support because of that pilot, enemy tanks being in good positions, and enemy infantry that infiltrate main bases to mine/steal equipment.  Your only choice is to go infantry, where you're constantly under attack from all directions.

This is the type of experience that drives players to hang around in main, or go off in jeeps to mess around and at least have a little bit of fun.  They are not the ones to blame for the situation they're in, it's the choices of the players of the other team that lead to it.  For players who are not as good to get better, they need competition, not constant death from opposing players in positions that are impossible to fight back against.  Unfortunately, it seems to be common for the more experienced players to get into unbeatable positions and to then destroy the other team.

Here's a list of questions for players to ask themselves:

1. Are you in a position in which it is nearly impossible for an opposing player to kill you?
  2. Is your team winning by a large margin?
  3. Would you consider yourself a reason why your team is winning by so much?

If you answered YES to all three of those, please consider switching teams to improve the competitiveness and enjoyment of the round for all players. 

• (ECGN)BladeRunner likes this

#80 Angerfist

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

"No one is asking for protection. I am sure of that."

Harry, some months ago, we actually had to take severe action to make sure that a player was able to play without getting harrassed by several others (for the simple reason of owning them left and right). At the moment we have a kinda similar situation. Just because the person isn't asking for protection doesn't mean we (the Admins) should allow several players to attack a single person constantly, in a way and intensity which goes far beyond normal trash talk. The level of insults and aggression simply isn't acceptable anymore.

"Get good" surely was provocative. In the end I meant "Try to get better if you want to, if you don't want to, at least stop to hate on people for having a higher skill level".

"Isn't it great that we can agree to disagree....     :)"

That should be the standard and of course it works between you and me, but that's not what I'm confronted with in the actual server situation. Some months ago, a player who gets a lot of disrespect for "only flying" spend 6 hours with me in the server, playing together with tanks and as infantry (medic and sniper). After six hours, some player started the standard "look at the one trick pony, all he does is using planes". I explained what we did in the last six hours, but I was told that I would just make this up to protect a friend. I was using my normal name and was wearing an Admin tag.

A whole bunch of players keep that agenda up until today, against two of my close gaming buddies. Both of them are teamplayers who beat most other players in every class and vehicle, but since they are mostly seen in planes, they are "egoistic scorewhores" who only "play for themselves and when they can fly". And they are of course "ruining the game" and "killing the server", so not only few players seem to see it as their duty to insult them as often as possible. By the way, most of those haters switched from calling them hackers to the stuff I mentioned above.

It's not the Admin position which disgusts me, but the behavior I described here. It's not "small stuff" when individual players get harassed by a bunch of other long time players who hide behind shady reasons but simply are frustrated for getting their asses kicked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com