Photo

teh random ban!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. K6

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hallo everyone. I randomly got banned in the middle of playing today at ~3PM, I dont even think there was an admin on (bu and noir had already left I think). No foul language, no nothing, dunno what happened, hence the title. Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:5997514

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Mr. K6

Edited by Mr. K6, 09 June 2006 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Ster

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

Instigators - K6...public enemy #1. He says the n-word over the mic and doesn't even get punished....not even a kick, then he fronts himself like he never knew he could say that....get real. Then he starts a "boycott" but comes back cuz he gets rejected everywhere. Also, during this boycott, he tells everyone that moongamers sucks and that we should all go to CSG, and posts the ip....I have absolutely nothing against him, it's just the way he talks and acts. He always gets into fights with other players because of "stacking" and and "awp whoring."

K6 is banned the next time I see him on the server. He's been banned so much for his mouth it isn't even funny.

#3 Mr. K6

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

Instigators - K6...public enemy #1. He says the n-word over the mic and doesn't even get punished....not even a kick, then he fronts himself like he never knew he could say that....get real. Then he starts a "boycott" but comes back cuz he gets rejected everywhere. Also, during this boycott, he tells everyone that moongamers sucks and that we should all go to CSG, and posts the ip....I have absolutely nothing against him, it's just the way he talks and acts. He always gets into fights with other players because of "stacking" and and "awp whoring."

K6 is banned the next time I see him on the server. He's been banned so much for his mouth it isn't even funny.

Wow, which one of my fans wrote that. Well that's a general shame that people can post these tirades and opinions without ever consulting the person upon which they fall, i.e., me. I find it funny that people can fabricate such stories instead of getting to the base of the problem: miscommunication. First off in explanation I guess would be language. I know I swear a lot, but its in due cause. I grew up in and still live in a mill town. That's how people talk here, I've lived with it all my life. I've never quite understood the concept of banning "curse words" and "cussing" on a server for a game that portrays men blowing each others guts out and onto the wall, but moongamers has that rule and honestly, I've pretty much tried my best to abide by it. If I didn't, I'd have no problem accepting a day ban, week ban, or whatever is set forth in the moongamer rules for such offenses, but no such penalities were ever put on me, so why are people enraged at ME for not being punished? And honestly, I dont even know what you guys consider right and wrong anymore. People can type buttsechs and as I sit here typing there's a smiley of a crazy guy violating another smiley from behind, but I cant say "bull****" over the mic? So what you're saying is that as long as it's cute it's fine, but we never really stop and consider the meaning of anything, just as long as its not offensive in some preconceived notion "morality." Through all of this I'd like to note that we are, in fact, playing a game, and I'd like to carry that note into my next point: boycotting.
Honestly, its a damn game, boycotting? Moongamers, while my primary server for a long time, has never been the only server I play on. After the server went down hill (I'll explain later) and rarely had many people playing, I went to find other large servers, which is the style of playing I enjoy most. Anyway, I'd still come back to moon and people would ask where I had been, one of the main servers being CSG, and they'd ask for the ip and I'd give it. You people have some serious esteem issues if you're that insecure on your player base. But back to the point I mentioned earlier, that of the server going down hill, it really is a shame. When I started playing on moongamers, probably close to 9 months ago, it was a great place. Everyone was friendly, there were many skilled players, and the atmosphere was relaxed. Fast forward to now, everything is competitive, people complain nonstop, and, dare I say it, the server lags. Believe me, no one enjoys antistacking more than I do, nor do I just like to sit back and game. While I am going to remain professional here and not mention names, the constant team stacking by other players, the automatic assumption that I, being a good player and a reg, should antistack while others have fun stacking and blowing us away, combined with the fact that while I should still be #1 or I suck and face a whole bunch of crap and taunting because I tried to do the fair thing, is just all a bunch of crap that really isn't worth playing for. When the player base was fun, the server was fun. When people became pricks, the server went down hill. My attitude has always been "its just a game, have fun playing." I love knifing, suiciding, whatever. However, I'm also a hostile person by nature, which I've apologized for numerously and the regs know I dont really mean things. However, be hostile to me, I'm hostile back. When people started becoming selfish, the community broke down.
Anyway, as far as Akooma banning, god, I dont think he's ever liked me. I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but I have a funny feeling it had to do with one of my criticisms of the server. No one was a more loyal member than I. I never said "this server sux, you guys sux" or that crap. I would explain problems, try to figure them out, etc. all in the hope that my feedback would help you guys provide a better service to the community you're there for. Anyway, the point of offering a service is to utilize the feedback of those receiving the service in order to better it; that's business protocol.
Anyway, I'm not sorry that I donated and I feel that it's the least I could do to render thanks for the good times I've had. I'm sorry there was a miscommunication and furthermore I'm even more sorry that moongamers has sunk to what it is. I'll miss map nights and some of the good people I met there, so take care all and see ya around.

Cheers,
Mr. K6

#4 Cosa Nostra

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:01 AM

Mr K6 at this time im not sure of the reason for your ban,but I will turn to the Cs admin's for disscusion.And we will let you know if it is perm,and the reason behind it.

#5 Lin

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

We're looking into what happened. In the meantime, if you have a language problem you should go on push to talk. The rules have been in place since MoonGamers began, and they're posted in this forum. There aren't many. Break them and you have problems, don't break them and you won't.

Esteem issues? We have players who come in to recruit. Then we have "regular" players coming in to have players leave our server and go somewhere else. You must have boundary issues if you don't believe that is bad form. You did make me chuckle though with your paragraph on morality, thanks for that. ;)

The face of online gaming changes daily. CS is undergoing some more changes. We'll see how things turn out. In the meantime, we'll see what is going on with your ban.

#6 Akooma

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

I am the one that ordered up your ban.

I was informed by a couple admins that you like to drop the N bomb over the microphone. We don't tolerate that type of behavior on the servers and you know better.

It was nice knowing you.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com