Photo

Base Rules for Dayz Epoch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

In no particular order and off the top of my head:

1. You may not build and block off a loot spawn.  No matter how trivial the loot, it has to be readily accessible for any player.  So, no building a maze that a player would have to navigate to get the shed that may have the shotgun shells.  Specifically, no blocking off farm houses, long barns, stores etc to use as a base.

2. As a general rule, no sky bases.  EXCEPTION: You may build a sky base within one grid square either north or west border of the zero lines.

3. We would prefer, for the sake of rendering, for the bases to be limited to 250 items per base, no matter how many plot poles.  Consider using the gems to build larger items, without the cost of those items.

4. A base cannot be built within 500 meters of an existing base, where one player can easily see the other base.  By this I mean, if there is a base on one side of a hill and a player wants to build a base on the other side of the hill, but, it is only 430 meters away, they could potentially build there as the first player cannot see the other proposed base.  This will be examined by an admin, who has final call.  When in doubt however, the 500 meter rule applies.  Any exception to this rule must be in writing in the forum for all to see.

5. There should be no building in and around the hilltop at Klen or Hero.  Any building here must be in the treeline or beyond.  Same with Hero.  This enables players to freely trade and not have to find a place to park.

6. There should be no building within the fence line at any airfield, to include Chernarus, North East,  or North West. Exception: The base at the southern end of NWAF is grandfathered.

Additional things to think about:

Some Admins can make master keys for your vehicles.  The vehicle limit is six, if one includes a medevac helicopter.  Please see Enforcer, CRDraggin or Lin.  The masterkey days will remain Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. 

Lost keys can be made for a 10oz gold.  Make spare copies.

Missions should be called by color and are not exclusive.  The player who shoots most of the mission, should be first in line for loot.  Killing one mission AI does NOT entitle you to half the loot.  Use some common sense here.

BTRs are available by permission only.  If you have one, and it was not approved, it may be deleted with no advance notice.   

#2 Hollywood703

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

Since the original post with all new person rules of this is some where below, I will add what I know to be true, correct  as necessary

If you have a problem, try and seek out an Admin to intervene, DO NOT take matters into your own hands.

No Killing of other players....Period This is a Player verses Environment server, not Player vs Player

No Looting other players bases, and really there is no reason for you to be in someone else's base if not invited anyway unless you are up to no good. (exception if they build in a loot spawn location)

Many players will volunteer to help out new players, but please do not ask for a rides/assistance constantly, running is part of the game and there are many spawn vehicles/supplies located throughout the map.

Please do not Salvage parts/Siphon gas from locked vehicles, and keep salvaging from drivable unlocked vehicles to a minimum

If you are new to building feel free to ask for help, if available a lot of members will show you the basics.

Moongamers operates a TeamSpeak Channel, and most regulars are in it. Much clearer talk capabilities than in game voice option.

Don't forget to thank your admins for assisting you, when you need something

#3 Enforcer

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

Thanks Hollywood for your comments.   They are very true..

#4 SgtBarrett

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

6. There should be no building within the fence line at any airfield, to include Chernarus, North East,  or North West.

Does this include me?  Cause I'm special and I really wanna build inside an airport fence line.

#5 Randigar

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

my base is already there on airfield never heard of this rule

#6 Enforcer

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

Your base is grandfathered Randigar.  Specifically, I was referring to the NEAF and all the bases that seemed to pop up over there given it is a trader.

But, additionally, I didn't want to see a bunch of building out of the newer buildings we have at that areas as they are heavily used for looting purposes.

#7 SgtBarrett

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

So no hangar base for me.  Dang, I really wanted to give it to Bova again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com