Photo

Dave Schmidt

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Schmidt

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

Well my real name's Dave,

Schmidt was just a kind of a "clan" tag for me and a few co-workers.

I started playing battlefield about 4 years ago,
every sunday evening I would gather with the Schmidts and play on random servers, using Roger Wilco as a kind of a TS..
Then, about 3 years ago, we played a server called Moongamers Omaha TDM and another one called Moongamers Omaha CQ.

I fell in love for TDM, while the other Schmidts preferred playing different maps from time to time,
I couldn't get enough of the beach, even though on single player it was my most hated map.

And then I signed up to the forums, tried hard to have my work mates like this server and failed.
So on sunday nights, I would play different servers and feel guilty for leaving my new home on the side...

Until one of my work mates computer broke up, and another one got so much lag out of different servers that they stopped playing with me.

Then I became the sole survivor of the team we were, and kept the name, as I was getting known better here.
--------

On the real side of my life, I am born in a boring village, in the middle of nowhere in Quebec...
I have been living there for 17 years and a half, enough time to finish with high school, until I decided it was enough of the parents.

I found a girl over the internet which I "fell in love for" in Hawkesbury Ontario, and moved out there on my own.
I was not really in love, and don't think I ever really loved that girl, even though I spent 2 years and a half out there with her, I was not really happy.

Then some day I decided it was enough, I was the only one working in the couple, all that girl could do is waste her time in our appartment, empty the fridge with her younger brother while I was at work and working to get that fridge full again... I left her and I announced my parents I would not come back home, I had made myself a life of my own far away from them.

Then, soon to be 5 years ago, I met my current girlfirend over the internet as well, but she lived only 30 miles away from me, moved with her after 6 months of not living together, she's 14 years older than me and she has 3 kids, but I love her as I never loved any girl / woman before and I'd go at world's end with her!

I left my job shortly after moving out with her, it was a paying job in a shop, but the day / evening / night shifts in rotation and the 30 miles from the job was starting to make me sick. I've found a cheaper job in a hardware store, and we moved out another 20 miles away from Hawkesbury, it's been 4 years we're living here now, and we're again moving out to get closer to Montreal :)

I changed jobs again last year, it's the most paying job I have ever had, and it's not too different from my job in the hardware store, just a bit easyer physically ;), and I'm trying to get in the computer department now, I doubt the salary will raise, but I'm gonna get closer to my goal of being a computer guy, all that with not much school grades, but I'm planning on getting back to studies, as I think my job offers the studies to those who aim to get better for the job.

My personnal interests are my girlfriend, computers, computer games (mostly BF1942, even after 4 years).
I dislike sports in general, this might be due to the fact i'm not really good at any of them, and I know some people make a lot more money than I do by just playing a sport...

I don't like outdoor activities either, unless there is a beach, open water or a pool around.. my girlfriend told me 2 years ago she found a way to get me out; go to a place with water! I like swimming, being on a coast where the only thing you see is water and the sky, I bet I would love flying too!
I enjoyed being on a boat, standing in front of it and burning out in the sun on the fresh coastal air.

Well this is me, now you know almost everything about Dave Schmidt.

#2 sagittarii

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

Hi Dave!

ty for your bio infos...

if u have the chance to sail, try it! If u love water, sun and beach, this may be a sport for u!

sag

#3 DAN_DALY

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:01 AM

Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing M8!!

Here's hoping that you never get "enough" of BF42 and our great community! :lol:

#4 bogeydeadsix

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

Dave,

Love makes us do crazy things eh?

"Emotions, designed specifically by God to override logic"

#5 Bullet-BS

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

My buddy Dave!!!! You big softy ;)

#6 Comet

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Bonjour mon ami, merci de partager. I too was born in the middle of no where, Senetterre Quebec to be exact....we're practically brothers! :)

You are a long time member who has always looked out for this community, thank you very much for your dedication over the years.

Always a pleasure trying to deal with your skill in game.

#7 Tambulance

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

dave ! dave dave dave dave dave dave dave dave dave dave dave...... is this annoying yet?

dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave
dave....

not as annoying as being killed by you over and over... especially when im hunting other regs.... lol

shank ya later

#8 summens

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

:bhi: hello dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com