Photo

The Ghost has arrived

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Gray Ghost

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hi all:

My BF2142 moniker is Hambone1. Although I have played BF2 and BFVietnam(Redoux) extensively, I have never played "online." My first online experience is BF2142, and I've been on for about two months now. So...when you run across me on the field of battle...be gentle with me...I'm almost a noobie...

I was born and bred on a small farm in central North Carolina. I joined the USMC. Served for twelve years (MOS: 0311-grunt/5821-criminal investigator) , then got a job offer in Alaska I couldn't refuse. Worked north of the Arctic Circle for twenty years as a LEO (law enforfement officer), and at last retired to south central Alaska where I lately spend my time spining yarns of derring do, excitement and high adventure about days gone by. Spend a lot of time fishing ( salmon/halibut) and hunting meat (moose, caribou, etc). Love to motorhome around and across country. Made two trips to the "lower 48" already and can't wait to go again.

I married a Japanese maiden on one of my deployments "overseas," and she has put up with me for 35 years now. Whew! Pity her....

We have a cain terrier (terror) that weighs in just shy of 20 pounds and who is the real boss around here...and let's us know it, too!!

My pedigree includes more than two dozen direct line ancestors who were citizens of the Confederate States of America and who were Confdederate soldiers. I, as they, remain unreconstruced. The South was right. End of story. See ya on the battlefield.

#2 Bullet-BS

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Welcome to the Moon!!! and thank you for your Service from a fellow Navy Man :boff:

#3 AKAafeks

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

Welcome Hambone!!! We have quite a few great players in Alaska, that must be the place to move if you want to be a good gamer! The closest I have ever been is watching Deadliest Catch - my favorite show on earth. Even more so, there are lots of people in Law Enforcement and the Military that are on TS all the time, so you will be right at home here.

The first time I spoke with you in 2142 could definitely tell that you were a great guy, pretty obvious from your intro of why you are.

Thanks for joining us Hambone, see you on the Battlefield!

-- T

#4 DAN_DALY

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

Semper Fi and welcome to the Moon Grey Ghost!!

Always a pleasure seeing other former Marines supporting our gaming community here. I was 0811 and had the "distinct pleasure" of Camp LeJeune for 3 years in NC, sand fleas FTW!! What else would a former Marine do besides telling "old war" stories, colorfull ones at that! :P

Hope to catch ya on our BF42 beach sometime!!

#5 Comet

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

Welcome Gray Ghost (hambone1)...real name?

It's a pleasure to have you as part of this great community. I think you'll fit in rather well, we have many who have served or are still serving here. It's special to know so many have chosen MoonGamers as their online gaming home.

Alaska eh, what a beautiful part of the World, you must love it. When time permits please share some images in gallery.

#6 Aggamemmnon

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

It was good playin with you last night grey. I had a blast last night with the group we had goin in west CQ all the people talking in teamspeak and most of us on the same team. Lookin forward to it again tonight.

#7 AncientTiger

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

So YOU'RE Hambone! Aha! I've played with you a few times already and didn't know it!

Welcome to the Moon Ghost, and I look forward to meeting you in TS soon. I too am a southern bred & born (southern Missouri), and also have a few gray shirts, and gray shirt sympathizers in my lineage. And like you, have more than my fair share of LE "war stories"... been involved in it since '88 :D

We'll have to hook up with a few others and swap stories some day in TS :P

Again, welcome.. make yourself to home!

#8 Allarra

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hi all:

My BF2142 moniker is Hambone1. Although I have played BF2 and BFVietnam(Redoux) extensively, I have never played "online." My first online experience is BF2142, and I've been on for about two months now. So...when you run across me on the field of battle...be gentle with me...I'm almost a noobie...

I was born and bred on a small farm in central North Carolina. I joined the USMC. Served for twelve years (MOS: 0311-grunt/5821-criminal investigator) , then got a job offer in Alaska I couldn't refuse. Worked north of the Arctic Circle for twenty years as a LEO (law enforfement officer), and at last retired to south central Alaska where I lately spend my time spining yarns of derring do, excitement and high adventure about days gone by. Spend a lot of time fishing ( salmon/halibut) and hunting meat (moose, caribou, etc). Love to motorhome around and across country. Made two trips to the "lower 48" already and can't wait to go again.

I married a Japanese maiden on one of my deployments "overseas," and she has put up with me for 35 years now. Whew! Pity her....

We have a cain terrier (terror) that weighs in just shy of 20 pounds and who is the real boss around here...and let's us know it, too!!

My pedigree includes more than two dozen direct line ancestors who were citizens of the Confederate States of America and who were Confdederate soldiers. I, as they, remain unreconstruced. The South was right. End of story. See ya on the battlefield.

*hugs* Welcome Hambone! So happy to have you here.
I giggle everytime you chuckle on TS when we kill each other =))

#9 summens

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

Welcome Gray Ghost (hambone1)...real name?

:bhi: hi gray ghost or hambone1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com