Photo

Watch as this BF1942 server slowly dies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

2nd time in a year that loyal players have had the ranking ladder reset.

Who cares?  Not  the 12 people here who join once in a blue moon.

Market Garden or Bocage get  extended.

Then the next map...that admin bails out and the server ends up  2 vs.2

"MoonGamers moribund" is what I  call this server now.

Dig this...the rotation went from Bocage to a boring Gazala, then back to Market Garden and Bocage again.  The  admin bailed out afterwards.

I pity the fool who goes along with that and digs it.   

To  all suck ups....count yourself in. Donate Now!  lol,  The server got moved to the east coast so the owner could get lower pings. [Edit by Lin to correct wrong information. I am the closest person to match your description of "owner". I live on the WEST coast, the move increased my ping by ~20. Kindly stop telling lies just to try to validate your opinion. Thank you.]

"I don't care" !   

Neither do I.

• Highway Man likes this

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Here we go again...

2nd time in a year that loyal players have had the ranking ladder reset.

Who cares?  Not  the 12 people here who join once in a blue moon.

Market Garden or Bocage get suddenly extended.

Then the next map...that admin bails out and the server ends up  2 vs.2

"MoonGamers moribund" is what I  call this server now.

Dig this...the rotation went from Bocage to a boring Gazala, then back to Market Garden and Bocage again.

I pity the fool who goes along with that and digs it.   

To  all suck ups....count yourself in.

Who gives a F about that ranking in GT? So what you played 10000 hours and got 500 kills.

Admins have a life outside of this game; so they leave, just like a regular player.

Nice you got to play Gazala. Ow wait! According to your beloved GT ranking you have played exactly 0 hours on the new server.

I hope to be seeing a Renlist server soon, if not, you'll have to play on the other US server on the west coast.

You do exactly ZERO to help us out in anyway; these shitpost rants don't help jack. Do you really think we take you serious with all these same shitposts you make on our forum? It would be different if you were in the SERVER every day and HELP to seed, instead of filling our forum with you negativity. SO; the next time you have a comment on how to run our server don't post anything, just go smoke your crack and NOT post here (or play somewhere else).

• Christine1 and Highway Man like this

#3 Lin

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Renlist has his own drummer. So do a few others around here. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, as I've learned when to listen and when to ignore. :)

He has been helpful in the past on the GT forum. Not always, but sometimes. And he has donated a couple of times in the last 1.5 yrs. Thank you for that.

Now, @Renlist: I saw you come in to check your ping, and immediately leave. You really should stay for a bit and find out that the move resulted in a much smoother server, and players are now getting more hit regs.

This move was forced. The host called "end of life" on the box we were running on, and we had no choice. As long as we had to move, we decided to work on making a move that was positive, which is why we went back east (as many players live across the pond and still play this game), and to SSD drives. We are making other changes as well. You really should come check it out.

The prior move was us listening to players about the lag and no-reg problems, and we attempted a move for the good of the server. We felt that GT history was not as important as improving the gameplay on the server, so we made a switch. While that move did not result in much improvement, it was done to try to make improvements. I can say we learned from that move and that education resulted in a much better move this time around, with the exception of the host providing us very little notice.

As I posted somewhere else, I don't expect magically increased numbers right away. Many players will have to find us again. But with more players will come better maps, and more map choices. More players will result in a difference to what and how we run the server. Will we ever run to your exact specifications? No, but the same can be said of every other player, on every server. As a player, all you can do is find the server that most closely matches your gaming desires. If MoonGamers isn't that server then perhaps another one will be.

• posi and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#4 posi

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Different drummer was an excellent choice of words.  It's not like we didn't read what he posted.  We profile by habit to some degree I imagine..  He came from a different game.  Would favor Infantry battles, even a COD corridor game design and layout. 

He has a certain vision of what he would want to see here.

Newsflash : Everyone does, and each vision is slightly different.

I start taking a negative view of rants when it's coming from absentee players, new accounts or visitors.  Other than that.. it's one of the purposes of the forum.  It's not stated in game, 'take it to the forum' for no reason.  

Player feedback, new ideas and participation are encouraged.   

• Highway Man likes this

#5 bondmaster

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

I always encourage feedback...positive or negative...but I feel like we are talking to a brick wall. We have consistently refuted the points that are being continuously being brought up with FACTS, yet they go to deaf ears. Why even bother wasting time and patience arguing with it anymore.

Renlist, you can choose to believe what you want to believe.  We have laid out the facts, how you process it is up to you. If you want to believe there is a conspiracy then that is your prerogative. You may get better responses if your posts are more constructive vs complaining. 

"Every person has a different view of another person's image. That's all perception. The character of a man, the integrity, that's who you are" -Steve Alford

• Grassy and Highway Man like this

#6 Grassy

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:50 AM

Ren,

This has nothing to do with owners getting lower pings, It has all to do with gaining players, not sure what part of that you do not understand, I know where the owners live. lower pings for them "t'aint happening"  I would suggest taking a break or vacation, jesus man, get laid FFS.

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

Focus.  Use the personality who can form sentences to make your posts.Let the rambling voice merely advise and find out if the small child, sobbing in the corner of your mind can type. I'm going to miss you when you're gone buddy, but whatever I can do to help you pack your things and move on, just let me know.

• Christine1, coffeeassassin and Highway Man like this

#8 posi

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

To hijack this thread ..   

3 Gig of video , tossed it all.   ( well , pulled 42 seconds out of the pile ) 

To the player who drove around the entire map on the motorbike over the jump to clear the fence on KBely Airfield...  , twice..  and your team had that main and it wasn't ctf.  You made it!, No enemy no action..   Pfffft 

And to you sir..  Mr.  Bobby Wiggle  I say this...  " beep beep beep,  beep beep, beep, beep beep beep beep.  Beep, beep beep. beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep.  Beep beep beep beep! "

#9 bondmaster

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

To hijack this thread ..   

3 Gig of video , tossed it all.   ( well , pulled 42 seconds out of the pile ) 

To the player who drove around the entire map on the motorbike over the jump to clear the fence on KBely Airfield...  , twice..  and your team had that main and it wasn't ctf.  You made it!, No enemy no action..   Pfffft 

And to you sir..  Mr.  Bobby Wiggle  I say this...  " beep beep beep,  beep beep, beep, beep beep beep beep.  Beep, beep beep. beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep.  Beep beep beep beep! "

That was random....... :)

• posi, Captain John H. Miller and Highway Man like this

#10 Steve2112

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

Um....I think..sometimes some players feel ignored and blacklisted. And...I TOTALLY understand that! I really do. If you think I never heard in REAL life what you have said to me in the forum or games.,,.,welll I assure you you are wrong  :cry: . We reveal out true  selves eventually. 

And I know....you been hearing the same sht for 16 years. You've watched poor players put the work into it to become great players. You've seen noobs be great players straight away. You've seen good players struggle and nary say a word. And in fact become great friends, regardless of scores. 

Such is life. Every human endeavor ever. 

However...I do think a good leader, a good teacher...and good executive...has LIMITLESS patience and short memory. They have patience for not only a new-ish person, but a misguided one as well....even though they have seen them 10 million times.  Losing patience with them, even though it's not their fault you've seen it a billion times, and sick and tired of it....is not that much different than judging them for their indiscretions and faults. 

I been around a long time....many workplaces, many internet games (subspace....way before MOST of ya';ll!) ....and lots of family history problems.....although I do admit only married once and still... god bless HER! ...but I least expect it from moongamers, likely because I am such a latecomer!  and no history! ; Judging, impatience, good ol boys network....sort of a jaded...no time for the stuff we actually did YEARS ago..,.,but we won't stand for it now. ///

And again, please know I understand it ALL...every single bit. A close knit family with outsiders pecking around at the windows. Sometimes you relate to these new peckers...:)...sometimes not. Sometimes they just piss you off with their incessant naggings. Other times they are so cute. 

I guess through all that mess....I am asking for patience, forgiveness, and some empathy for what other people and players see in their experience...not just yours. 

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

Um....I think..sometimes some players feel ignored and blacklisted. And...I TOTALLY understand that! I really do. If you think I never heard in REAL life what you have said to me in the forum or games.,,.,welll I assure you you are wrong  :cry: . We reveal out true  selves eventually. 

And I know....you been hearing the same sht for 16 years. You've watched poor players put the work into it to become great players. You've seen noobs be great players straight away. You've seen good players struggle and nary say a word. And in fact become great friends, regardless of scores. 

However...I do think a good leader, a good teacher...and good executive...has LIMITLESS patience and short memory. They have patience for not only a new-ish person, but a misguided one as well....even though they have seen them 10 million times.  Losing patience with them, even though it's not their fault you've seen it a billion times, and sick and tired of it....is not that much different than judging them for their indiscretions and faults. 

I been around a long time....many workplaces, many internet games (subspace....way before MOST of ya';ll!) ....and lots of family history problems.....although I do admit only married once and still... god bless HER! ...but I least expect it from moongamers, likely because I am such a latecomer!  and no history! ; Judging, impatience, good ol boys network....sort of a jaded...no time for the stuff we actually did YEARS ago..,.,but we won't stand for it now. ///

And again, please know I understand it ALL...every single bit. A close knit family with outsiders pecking around at the windows. Sometimes you relate to these new peckers... :)...sometimes not. Sometimes they just piss you off with their incessant naggings. Other times they are so cute. 

I guess through all that mess....I am asking for patience, forgiveness, and some empathy for what other people and players see in their experience...not just yours. 

ok.  

#12 bondmaster

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

And again, please know I understand it ALL...every single bit. A close knit family with outsiders pecking around at the windows. Sometimes you relate to these new peckers... :)...sometimes not. Sometimes they just piss you off with their incessant naggings. Other times they are so cute. 

Everyone has an opinion or a thought or an idea on how to make the server better. And everyone thinks their idea is the long needed solution. Truth is there is no magic potion, slam dunk idea, one stop solution to the problems. Fact is the game is over 15 years old and its VERY hard to attract players when the technology has continued to chug along. All opinions matter, but decisions are made at a managerial level to ultimately decide whats best for the server. However, the positive side of this is that people are being vocal, offering new ideas, voicing their opinions, etc.....and that's wonderful! In fact its essential to keeping the lights on...even if you dont agree with it or have a different opinion. Believe me, its way easier to give up and let things die than it is to keep fighting, voicing your opinions, and remaining engaged with the community. In fact, that is (in my opinion) the number 1 reason why MoonGamers is still around and I think that is something many people overlook, 

To sum it all up: keep the discussions going, remain engaged, and work together to solve problems. :)

• Rubulator likes this

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

No one alive has unlimited patience. We try our best to educate our players, not just in the ways of rules but also things like ''move while you shoot''. The (new) troublemakers ofcourse also get some education i.e. ''Don't nadespam'', as with everything we go through our warn/kick/ban ladder. So, if the person (Player1) doesn't stop with the nadespamming after some warnings we have to kick Player1 to send the player a message. Maybe Player1 comes back and starts again,  w/k probably. Let's say this continues, the guy ends up banned. The ban is released, Player1 comes back nadespams again and keeps this up over his ''gaming carreer'' at a certain point patience has run out and this player has become un-educationable.

In short; educating players can only go as far as the players want to be educated.

#14 Lin

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

What you then have to weigh is, are the "problem" players worth kicking over and over again just to be a warm body in the server? Or is it better to pare down the possible number of players to "quality" players?

Where do you draw the line?

• Highway Man likes this

#15 Renlist

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:37 AM

What you then have to weigh is, are the "problem" players worth kicking over and over again just to be a warm body in the server? Or is it better to pare down the possible number of players to "quality" players?

Modding maps is a big deal. I sympathize. There will always be legit griefers.  How are modifications going that might diminish griefer gameplay?

For instance, like encouraging middle of the map gameplay on maps like Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge by making both Allied BOTB  bases uncappable.

The same with Aberdeen.  Make each Aberdeen main base upcappable so we fight it out in the middle.

I've suggested this for the last time. Time will tell.

#16 Spare Parts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Renlist is lying when he says "last time".

• Highway Man likes this

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:46 AM

Modding maps is a big deal. I sympathize. There will always be legit griefers.  How are modifications going that might diminish griefer gameplay?

For instance, like encouraging middle of the map gameplay on maps like Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge by making both Allied BOTB  bases uncappable.

The same with Aberdeen.  Make each Aberdeen main base upcappable so we fight it out in the middle.

I've suggested this for the last time. Time will tell.

And I'll tell you for the last time, Aberdeen has been having uncaps for the last 5-6 months.

• Grassy and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com