Photo

An Introduction by DAN_DALY

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DAN_DALY

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

I've been keeping an eye on the Intro area and greeting one and all and thanking them for their personal presentations. Now it's time for my personal intro to the Moon Community.

My name is Bryan, 47 yrs old and originally from the great state of Ohio. Military service in the USMC (1980-1985) where I was trained in the M155 SP Howitzer - arty FTW! Served a three year tour of duty with the Marine Security Guard Battalion and was stationed in Moscow, USSR and Copenhagen, Denmark. The Danish girl of my dreams happened by while stationed in Denmark and as the saying goes.... the rest is history.

Tina and I were married a few years later and lived in the States for two years before deciding to move back to Denmark. We've been married now for 21 years and have four children, two boys and two girls ranging in ages from 20 to 13. Three teenagers under the same roof... can ya give me an HUA on that one!! :P

My occupations have been pretty much security oriented ranging from a security supervisor, Loss Prevention Manger to my current position working for a large aviation company as a Nordic Security Field Support where I audit, analyze and recommend improvements for aviation security within the cargo sector. I have around 14 different gateways in eight countries in and around the Nordic area that I audit and evaluate.

My Moon history is as follows, purchased BF 1942 for my son as a Christmas gift in Dec 2005 and was hooked on it by Jan 2006. Played a few different servers and found one that I was happy with called PAGN (Pacific Asia Gaming Network). So my 210 ping and I were content with the setup until the admin on this server started having some serious ego issues which happened to be at the cost of other players and I pulled the plug! By chance I could remember another player mention a server called MoonGamers CQ and in April 2006 I checked it out and have been here ever since.

With the style of play and the players and Admin team I found on CQ, I quickly felt at home. With Doc_uk, KatManDu and Meyer in the Sr positions along with Lifer, Afternoon Delight, Magnificent Bastard, Master Blaster, Vette Dude, Tiny Grose, PIA, Alvin Tostig and Pigpen as some of the many Admins. Players which are too numerous to mention all, but with names such as Rocky Top, chubby chaser, tjakaa, Evil Spirit, it was a real pleasure dropping in to relax and play a few rounds on the beach with the "gang"!

I joined the forums in Sept 2006 and really stepped into the community at this point. I was voted in as a Reg in March 2007 and shortly thereafter in April, I had the first official MoonGamers "face to face" interview for an Admin position together with Meyer in Copenhagen, Denmark. In October of the same year Lin so graciously approached me for the Sr position and that pretty much brings things up to the present time.

During my time with this community I've had many enjoyable in game moments, good times in ts and the forums and I've even had the pleasure of real life meetings with Viggo in Kristiansand and Francesco in D.C!! :D Not to mention I'll be attending my first Vegas MoonMeet in just 19 days where I'm looking forward to meeting some more fellow Moonies! :applaud:

So, that pretty much sums up my intro folks. Thanks for lending an ear and a few minutes of your time and remember......

MoonGamers rocks 2the-extreme!!!

#2 Comet

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Outstanding introduction from an outstanding community member. How blessed we are to have you here at MoonGamers. Thank you for embracing the community Bryan.

See ya soon!

#3 mexican eskimo

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

:bhi:
it is nice to meet you dd, and see you without your zook. <_<

#4 summens

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Tina and I were married a few years later and lived in the States for two years before deciding to move back to Denmark. We've been married now for 21 years and have four children, two boys and two girls ranging in ages from 20 to 13. Three teenagers under the same roof... can ya give me an HUA on that one!! :P

WOOT!!!!!!

thanks for the intro bryan.

:bhi:

#5 Fitztroyer

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

<3

#6 Bullet-BS

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

:wub: :wub: :wub:

#7 AncientTiger

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

I think you just one-upped me in intros Bryan. :rofl: Posted Image

Thanks for sharing. In the relatively short time we've worked together, it's been a pleasure :D

#8 Chernenkov

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

Asl??

Lawl.

#9 Allarra

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

That was a perfectly executed intro, Bryan =) lol One these days I willt rack you down and hound some stories out of you. I am looking forward to it.

#10 Some Type Of Badass

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

:bhi: heya lol I never really met ya

#11 Tarawa/Troutzilla

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Welcome again Jarhead.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com