Photo

Moongamers 2016 Map Pack

450 mb

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 posi

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Efforts such as this build population and interest.  Flexible assets for our community is a good thing.

20 Videos showcasing maps await an event server with abit of flexibility, or the bold move of a main server run.  

3owmwu.jpg

#22 Renlist

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

A lesson learned from the Jelly Server's C&C:Renegade game.  The admins there got restless and forced user made maps into the regular rotation of standard maps.  Being that C&C:Renegade was somewhat losing players, it still had a solid following and the server got nicely populated, especially on weekends.  Once the bored admins rotated in a bunch of inferior user made maps, it killed the server within 2 weeks.  Sure, the standard maps were becoming overly familiar, but that is what the fickle public came to expect.  It was those casual players who kept the server populated. The quickest way to kill Moongamers is to require the download and inclusion of user made maps forced into the rotation, most of which are flawed, gameplay wise.

#23 posi

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Truthfully, I don't know what your on about..  C&C isn't an FPS and bears not even a remote resemblance to Battlefield 1942, which sits on 3 Tera of modded community content.  The most of any game made.  Comments against modded content in Battlefield 1942 alienate you from the community, many of who play a variety of modded content, are or have been modders, have friends who have modded ect ect...  

Also,  Moongamers host other games which themselves have modded content, or the fact that the vanilla maps played now are themselves modded and we currently switch to expansions packs adding in extra content on Sunday now.   

Do me a favor..   Download the map pack and have a little faith.  

P.S.   If you know any 'texture artist'  out there..  one of the crews I chat with is at %90 and stalled for a new release.  Oh..  I'm sure it will come together.  You know the Battlefield 1942 scene..   It never stops.    

• shavo likes this

#24 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

A lesson learned from the Jelly Server's C&C:Renegade game.  The admins there got restless and forced user made maps into the regular rotation of standard maps.  Being that C&C:Renegade was somewhat losing players, it still had a solid following and the server got nicely populated, especially on weekends.  Once the bored admins rotated in a bunch of inferior user made maps, it killed the server within 2 weeks.  Sure, the standard maps were becoming overly familiar, but that is what the fickle public came to expect.  It was those casual players who kept the server populated. The quickest way to kill Moongamers is to require the download and inclusion of user made maps forced into the rotation, most of which are flawed, gameplay wise.

We will not put those maps in the regular rotation. They will be run on our Mods server. I don't know where people got the idea we would put the mappack maps on the main server and in the normal rotation.

#25 D Day

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

I've downloaded, ready for some action.

• shavo likes this

#26 Renlist

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

Truthfully, I don't know what your on about..  C&C isn't an FPS and bears not even a remote resemblance to Battlefield 1942, 

Umm, I said C&C:Renegade, NOT C&C and it IS a multiplayer team based FPS similar to BF1942.

https://en.wikipedia...nquer:_Renegade

We will not put those maps in the regular rotation. They will be run on our Mods server. I don't know where people got the idea we would put the mappack maps on the main server and in the normal rotation.

Okay...cool. Thanks for the reassurance.

#27 posi

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:25 AM

Nothing wrong with getting the ones that play the best loaded on the Main Server.     Jus Sayin'   

#28 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

i played some of these years ago here. forager and hurtxaalaaalgen forest were rather popular if i remember. i was kinda bummed to see them go.

• shavo likes this

#29 Hillbillyninja

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

kool

#30 Black Mamba

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

You are right about some user made maps being terrible. In BF1942, this is also true. I have reviewed the SiMPLE map pack a few years ago and with the help of tuia, we removed a bunch of maps in the original map pack that were flawed aesthetically (poor texturing, heightmapping and general layout of the map) or in a practical way (wrong object placement, flag positions and spawn points making up for poor strategies, unbalanced sides). We had about 300 or so MB of maps in the original map pack, with a dozen maps. The revised version had 9 of the best maps we could find, and file size was about 190 MB. That map pack still runs on the dedicated SiMPLE server for custom maps to this day.

A map pack like this in an excellent initiative and I encourage it. I will be downloading it and posting back here to review some of the maps. I've played all of them, just don't remember which are EA quality and which are terrible maps.

Generally speaking, maps like Forager, Corsica and Remagen are excellent maps, because they are very similar to stock maps in terms of overall quality and most people would never know these maps were made by random players.

• shavo likes this

#31 posi

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

The three maps you mentioned are in the map pack and many others which have been battle tested.

Did seasoned players take time to sift through those maps ensuring premium content in this map pack?

OF COURSE!!

There are a few 'fun maps' included in this set however the majority of these maps are CQ based and better then anything EA created in the Vanilla Set.

Comments ( spam ) , saying otherwise is just that.   Spam, from (1)player who did not take the time to download or evaluate any map individually and has a history of negative rants.        

• shavo likes this

#32 shavo

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

Comments ( spam ) , saying otherwise is just that.   Spam, from (1)player who did not take the time to download or evaluate any map individually and has a history of negative rants.        

--------------------------------------------------------------

LOL.. Posi always has the best one liners!

#33 Renlist

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

Yes. I am one of those.  I've taken the time to download and play fan made maps.  99% of them are seriously flawed in one way or another.    Wanna fight about it?

I'm speaking generally about other games too (besides BF1942). A lot of user made fan maps suck.  I find that there's a lack of professionalism about them.

That's why games get budgets of millions of dollars...they who are paid to make maps for a living are better than fans making maps for free. There are exceptions, but they are few.

#34 shavo

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:56 PM

Yes. I am one of those.  I've taken the time to download and play fan made maps.  99% of them are seriously flawed in one way or another.    Wanna fight about it?

Ill see you on the battlefield!!!

I'm speaking generally about other games too (besides BF1942). A lot of user made fan maps suck.  I find that there's a lack of professionalism about them.

That's why games get budgets of millions of dollars...they who are paid to make maps for a living are better than fans making maps for free. There are exceptions, but they are few.

If you talking about other games.... Then Who cares? Ive played these maps and I didn't notice any flaws so your statement is really irrelevant to what POSI put together...

Which leads me to where I am now, confused... Confused about your statement and please don't take this wrong but what the hell are you talking about then?

[a] Other games?

[b] This map pack?

This is complete. It works. Has reasonable spawn points, ammo boxes and Repair pads that make sense... Again don't take this the wrong way but sometimes being the devils advocate all the time gets old.

We are whats left of BF42, like it or not so why don't we all try to create things, like POSI did to get players back instead of kicking [might not be the right word] a guy who is trying to create interest... IM JUST SAYIN.

-Love and peace

• posi and Grinch like this

#35 GoodDayToDie

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

How about Operation Good Day?

*S*

• Grinch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com