Photo

[RESOLVED] Wooden stair upgrades

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LeadPaint

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Do not upgrade wooden stairs. It will cause them to vanish. You can build them with supports, just DO NOT UPGRADE!

#2 Lin

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Once folks have had a chance to build up a bit, we'll take off the Snap Build feature and upgrade our stairs. We can then put Snap Build back on. We can coordinate here in the forum.

#3 Enforcer

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Okay, good to know. Thanks for the heads up Leadpaint..don't upgrade the stairs..going old school with no rails..

#4 SgtBarrett

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

I think the word "Rails" might be improperly applied. I think the upgrade adds Legs, not Rails.

#5 Enforcer

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Actually, the first upgrade applies one set of legs to the stairs. The second upgrade applies another set of legs and handrails but, in this case, the whole staircase disappears.

#6 SgtBarrett

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Actually, the first upgrade applies one set of legs to the stairs. The second upgrade applies another set of legs and handrails but, in this case, the whole staircase disappears.

DANG! Did not know that!! IF that's the case then lets do the upgrades tonight!! Rails on my stairs would be awesome between that long span at Stary Community base!

#7 Enforcer

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

No, no. That's the problem. The second upgrade, which installs the rails, is the one that makes them vanish. So, you can do the first, and it makes two legs at the highest point of the staircase to the ground. The second upgrade installs a shorter pair of legs in front of the first two, and the hand rails. But, that's the part that is messed up at the moment..

#8 SgtBarrett

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

So if we designate a time to disable snap, then we could all upgrade our stairs together?

#9 Lin

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Rails now work on the stairs again. I honestly do not know if this was a 1.0.5.1 update or an anti-hack update, but they're working.

Barrett...I would not suggest using rails on the stairway to the barn as you would first need to upgrade to the supports...which would then hang in midair. Eww.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com