Photo

Map changes: Chernarus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Okay, here is the list of what was changed to the map as of March 23, 2014..

Merlin helicopters (both in traders and in dynamic spawn)
Bell helicopters-two military armed, four civilian unarmed (both in traders and in dynamic spawn)
Stryker armored vehicles with M2 machine gun (only in hero trader)
MTVR Repair truck (traders and dynamic spawn)
URAL Repair truck (traders and dynamic spawn)
# of road debris increased
Max level of damage to found helicopters increased
Minimum fuel level decreased
Trader safe zone script removed
Map begins at 1400 hours vs 1500 hours to give a little longer day without the long shadows for building and such.
Dynamic spawning of blackhawks increased to seven
Dynamic spawning of MV22s increased to three
Dynamic spawning of the Navy Seahawk added to dynamic spawn table
Overall number of vehicles allowed on the map increased
Plot pole items set to 300. (And if you hit it, you hit it...move your plot pole)

Okay, thanks for playing Moongamers, and we'll see ya later.

Remember, we cannot possibly be all things to all people. We will do what the masses mostly want, but, there are some things, that will just be decided upon. Mostly, they will be a smaller group of people that will have input and then the decision made. I apologize in advance for any decision that you may find disagreeable. I hope it will not be a deal breaker but, understand if it is. I would point back to the original statement of we can't be all things to all people..

If there

#2 LeadPaint

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I'm just gonna throw this out there... adding the Stryker was a terrible move. Who was consulted about this vehicle? APC with remote controlled .50. Zoom. Nightvision. Thermal. To add insult to injury, it cost less than the GPK HMMWV. Oh, and it has free ammo. Wut? Make it atleast 8 briefcases if not more and maybe, just maybe, it would fit better.. maybe. Why not the BTR-40? We don't have an armored vehicle capable of using DSHKM..

Repair trucks. Um, free repairs? GPS is useless. Rangefinder is useless. So we make parts for vehicles useless? Oh look, cost the same as a cargo truck, and one can store as much as one. Wut? Oddly enough, the more expensive one fails in cargo capacity.

"Max level of damage to found helicopters increased" This needs to apply to all vehicles..

"Plot pole items set to 300. (And if you hit it, you hit it...move your plot pole)" SODIFJ OS:IDFJ:SOEIFJIOESFJ:O This is not determined by the plot pole. This number is checked anytime you build something.

#3 Enforcer

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Leadpaint,

I appreciate your comments and some of them are fairly accurate. The stryker, while a cool looking vehicle, is proving to be problematic. We are now leaning on removing them. The addition of those vehicles was a test to see how they worked or didn't work. Thermal..Nightvision..don't know, haven't used it enough to utilize that feature. After a week of using them on the map, they are proving to be less than ideal and will more than likely be removed. Why not a BTR-40? No reason not have one. Actually, we were looking at that one to replace the Stryker to give some armor to the map other than the HMMWVs. And if the -40 uses the DshKm ammo, all the better.

The repair truck. Truthfully, when we were looking at adding some new vehicles for ground pounding, I, along with Lin and Kefuffle, just liked the looks of the repair vehicle. I had no idea that it actually did what the name implies in THIS game. Maybe in Arma 2 campaign and all, but, did not realize it would repair a vehicle. We did find out though, the repair is temporary only lasting for the map. Upon the restart, the repaired vehicle is back to its original state of repair. Oddly enough, I also saw the more expensive one holds 150 less than the Ural. It was this weekends task to modify the pricing. I want to say we went off the cost of the existing cargo truck pricing for reference. Wonder what a salvage vehicle does?

GPS is useless. I agree and voted against adding the red "you are here" circle. I was outvoted.

Rangefinder is useless. Not sure how this is so..can you explain?

Max level of damage to all vehicles. I may have misspoke and it does. I don't recall exactly other than the decision to increase the max level of disrepair on vehicles, with helicopters specifically in mind. I will check with Lin to see what that line of code affects.

Plot pole (SODIFJ OS:IDFJ:SOEIFJIOESFJ:O) I have no idea what this means. I know that on that line of code, it is set to 300.

I'm not sure of the intent behind this post, as it seems clearly to be written out of frustration with our decisions. I have said all along, we will all have to work through the learning curve together. You were offered a chance to have input and you declined as you did not want people to hate you. I would have very much liked to have you on board, as you know the game much more than me, Lin, Corpse, etc. as far as game mechanics and what does what.

I was happy that the code that we wrote, worked in game like it was supposed to. The vehicles we added were showing up and working like they are supposed to, after a bit of trial and error with even those. It still took several restarts and tinkering to get them right. The AI missions are working like they are supposed to. Some of the things you are talking about are experiments to see if they would work for us or not. The Stryker, in particular has caused more grief than good it appears and that is why no more than seven were purchased to test them out.

There are some valid points made in your post and as time permits this weekend, shall be addressed. Again, there is a learning curve for us, and we are getting there and I appreciate the patience shown with us while we are learning.

I am sorry we have made the game too easy with the changes, but, we are relatively new to this whole database/Dayz admin thing and in the process of learning we will continue to make decisions that turn out to be less than ideal for the game. Once the consequences have been realized, we can always make further modifications to find the game that is right for this community.

Lead, I recognize you are frustrated, but, we are trying to do right.

#4 Lin

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

When we considered adding the Stryker, we reviewed several different vehicles, compared armor and armament, and those were really what we were looking at more than anything. Several members of the mission attack group were present for this, and we all put in some thought and conversation, so it wasn't a knee-jerk, ooo-how-pretty addition. We really are trying to do right by our membership, without making the missions too easy. We conducted several mission tests with the Stryker as well, and realized it could be destroyed almost as easily as the hummer. What we did not realize was that if you roll these puppies over a bridge, the bridge flips the Stryker or sends it on a flight to the moon.

Re: the "personal" map GPS, it was put in at first at the same time that the waypoints were fixed. At first, I felt it was too easy and agreed with your position that it negated the GPS...and that still applies. However, the more admin actions I was called on to make, the more I came to appreciate its ability to exactly pinpoint where I left, where I needed to be, etc. It has saved me a bunch of time and probably personal damage to know I am coming back to my old position, and not one that is a number of meters away from where I started. While I wish this could be turned off/on at will and not replace the GPS, it can't be. Others have expressed they like it as well, for reasons of their own. Yes it makes it "easy" for newbies and all, but it has been a very useful tool for me.

Rangefinder is still needed for some things, but right now the game gives you the distance of soldiers/units. I believe that may be linked to the "normal" gameplay that we set the server up for, and we can try setting it to "expert" this weekend to see what that will do. I will turn off this feature once I find the settings, it was not meant to stay on. I'm still learning my way around this game, and thank God I have had help from xeylore, John Alan, Warren, Corpse, and others who have either purchased their own servers or are familiar with the coding.

Max damage, I believe the line was specifically for helis but I would have to check. Heli hunting was ridiculous, only needing a piece of scrap in order to take a heli. I think it may still be too easy; we did increase the max damage to 85%, and we'll likely dial it up to 90% this weekend. I believe we also changed the setting for the amount of fuel that will be found in the vehicles. It takes time to get the tweaking right.

The amount of helis and other vehicles that can be found were increased, and we'll likely be dialing that back a bit as well. There is one particular table we will have to check and tweak a couple of times a week in order to keep up with current numbers of owned vehicles.

While change will be made, they will be made mostly on the weekends, as that is when we have more time to address them. Enforcer and I work on these as a team in order to make sure one person isn't driving the game, and to make sure that both of us have the knowledge to affect change. On the larger scale, changes are mostly made after discussion in TS with other players and admins. We are truly trying to make this server one that is run by our membership and not just by one person alone.

Thank you for posting, this is the kind of feedback that we truly appreciate. Please just understand that one server simply cannot be all things to all people; some will like the changes and some won't. We will, however, do the best we can to find the middle ground.

PS...we DO have a Skype channel for the admins of DayZ, so that we can discuss things there as well... ;)

For anyone who wants to be a part of this, skype me at lin.moongamers

#5 LeadPaint

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

"You were offered a chance to have input and you declined as you did not want people to hate you."
This.. ugh. How is being an admin tied to the ability to give input? I declined that because I would be just like the poor GPS.. useless. I'd say no to most requests put my way, then they would turn to another admin who would say ok. I also had a game I was still admin in, but I grow tired of waiting for progress there. And when asked for opinions, have I not given them? I just find it funny, considering I've never heard of most of this. I've heard constantly "put it on the forums". Yet without a word of warning, changes are made. I was in TS quite a bit, so I don't see how I missed anything.

Rangefinder is useless due to nameplates. Admins placing fuel pumps don't count as a use. From the screenshots I've seen of the server program, you can just uncheck that box. I would do research into ARMA 2 difficulties before I changed them.

#6 Enforcer

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

More than welcome to provide input. Admin is tied into input by this: Admins have input often times, prior to change. Players have input after the change.

After further research, the max damage limit does indeed apply to all vehicles and not just helicopters, although, like I said, we had helicopters in mind when making the change. And as the damage went up across the board, we also added another fifty roadside hulks to disassemble for parts. And yes, we did add the repair truck to the map, which I for one will probably not use a repair truck. I just like the looks of it. So, I will continue to fix things from what I find as there is no real emergency to find, fix and sell a lada or even an SUV or HMMWV for that matter.

If that feature is abused, the vehicle will be reconsidered, just like every other change we make to the gameplay.

#7 LeadPaint

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

We already abused the repair truck in the 10 minutes of me testing it. We took tires off a car, repaired, took tires off again. It repairs helis too you know. It could be parked behind a lead vehicle during a mission for instant repairs.. meaning that scary M2 is a joke. But you know, at this point, I can say I called it right. It is pointless for me to explain. Enjoy YOUR game... oh and EA wants to sell you some DLC that looks cool...

#8 CrDraggin

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

No need for anyone to get bent out of shape...

Lead, this is a new server and we are running it with SEVERAL 8+ VERY Active Admins who are discussing things throughout the work day and night. We talk about issues, talk about changes, talked about price changes, and talk about opinions we have heard in the Teamspeak channel. With those into consideration, we try and make our server and community better period.

With that said, we like to hear feedback. We do not ask for you to agree completely, but understand 1 person cannot have it all and if our community and our admins believe something needs to be changed, a simple suggestion can be made. Repair trucks can and do take damage and most of the time, M2's are places in a manner to easily take out the styker or driver of other vehicles we have tested. The repair vehicle has a purpose and you might not agree with it. Can it be exploited? Maybe. Posting about it is a rational manner to explain to us the negatives is much better than go about it seen here.

This goes for everyone. We need to understand, EVERYONE cannot be 100% happy. We join this community because we like the people we play with. We are listening and like feedback. Please give your opinion and it might change ours. I would have not thought to remove all tires and then repair and do it again.

This is YOUR/MINE/The Community/and now the public's server. Please understand not everyone will agree with you, but that does not make your point not heard and other people reading it might join the bandwagon.

Happy Gaming

#9 Thirteen

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

From my perspective thigs are going well. They are not perfect or ideal, but I have seen more people having more fun than I ever did on the old server.

As far as too easy, in someways I can agree but in a lot of ways the BC fountain is dismal. Due to my play time and style I barley can find 1 BC a night. And often while doing projects such as attempting to build, train newbies, help members, trip over bigs as try to debug them, I find geting my projects and things done difficult. All I can say in this vain is SQUIRREL!

With that said I am still happy with the community vibe from most of the players. I don't give a crap about the red circle vs the gps. I care far more about people in the community coming together and enjoying a game wth friends they have fun with. As well as an open an inviting community for new people to find a eventually call home.

We can and will continue to adjust the game settings to make it a more wnjoyable experience for our community.

I for one am thankful that we have all these people to make things better and even try things even though they turn out not to workout as intended.

We have tried and changed more things in 2 or 3 weeks tha. I think we would ever had done in 6 months on the old system

Rock on moonies!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com