Photo

Changing spawn locations?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Traditionally we have been spawning along the coastline. However, with the addition of missions and AI, and since the players have a map and personal locator, we have been considering opening up the entire map for spawning/respawning.

This could end up putting players closer to their body, or it could end up putting players more at risk (spawning close to missions, etc). We don't quite know how this would work out.

What do you all think? Should we try it or should we keep it to the coastline?

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

What about parachute spawns?

#3 Enforcer

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

One benefit when you spawn along the coast, you pretty much know where you are. On the coast. And you also probably know where to pick up some loot, but, I will also say that vehicles are also in short supply along the coastal highway vs smaller inland towns. So, I really don't care either way, whatever, the player base would prefer.

#4 Edamame

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

I think we should try it out and see how it goes. If it's too big of an issue we can always go back.

#5 Warrior124

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

I too am in favor for opening it up, and trying it out. I'm also interested in learning more about the parachute spawning Miller mentioned. What would be the pros/cons?

#6 Edamame

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

It's fun. Used it in other servers. Depending on when you deploy you can travel a good distance. For example when I had the Novy spawn and immediately deployed I was able to land at Klen. Other bonus is if you don't like your spawn just don't deploy and you die and get to respawn again.

Downside can be if AI starts shooting at you. You really have no way to defend yourself. You can steer some and make it harder to hit. I don't think it would be a common occurrence to be shot out by AI. Also could be dangerous if Bucket is flying. :P

#7 gen_stallonee

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

I think the HALO spawns are the best its also a fun way to spawn in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com