Photo

Need Help from Hardware Experts on Gaming Laptop Purchase.

Gaming Laptops Asus Vs. Dell vs Lenovo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Horace Greeley

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Looking at the bottom row- $1,000 and less, from Costco.  I have had a Lenovo PC since 1996, and it performs well.  My computer geek son says, ASUS!  But I've read on some forums that ASUS can have screen and keyboard problems.  However, I don't know if the sites are trustworthy.

I need a laptop primarily for writing and secondarily for gaming. All the laptops have 16 gigs of memory.  Lenovo has a 256 SATA, not a 1 terabyte hybrid drive.  Lenovo has a disc drive, not optical. I still use a disc for BF 42, but don't need it anymore, I suppose.

https://www.costco.c...=Laptops_Gaming

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

It says Acces Denied when I try to get on the costco website =\ 

I gotta say Horace, I used to be a laptop gamer, but last year I build myself a desktop. I have no idea if a 1000$ laptop would be able to run BF1. If you would like to switch to desktop, I think your computer geek son can build you an even better desktop for the 1000$. That's my 2 cents ;)

#3 Horace Greeley

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

I need the portability for work, however. All the laptops have about the same features and even the same memory, NVIDIA cards.  The ASUS has a 17 inch screen. The Dell, 15.1 inches Dell is $100 less.

#4 shavo

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

I only buy asus for my desktops. I have had great luck with asus after a lot of investigative research on what mobo i like and when I bought Laptops for my kids i just made sure they had a good warranty.

i believe laptops are all made the same nowadays so i would research what one has a good extended warranty. Its kinda important with the amount of integration they do.

I need the portability for work, however. All the laptops have about the same features and even the same memory, NVIDIA cards.  The ASUS has a 17 inch screen. The Dell, 15.1 inches Dell is $100 less.

#5 Horace Greeley

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

Made up my mind: Going for Lenovo "Legion" because  it has a 2 TB hard drive and a 256 solid state drive plus 16 GB of Ram for several hundred less than the Asus.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com