Photo

Map Rotation Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#81 {THEWAY} JC

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

I would like to see the Berlin CQ MOD in rotation that had a flag on the other side of the river and 2 bridges to get across on, and it has Half Tracks but no Tanks.

Me and AirChuck had allot of fun teaming up on that map even though he liked to fly.

• posi, dodgem and Rubulator like this

#82 Capn Cackler

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

Mod Market and Bocage to have the wreck of a burning Audi.

I have made up a rough draft!

• Zap Rowsdower, Captain John H. Miller, Par Shooter and 4 others like this

#83 Par Shooter

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

Not funny in anyway shape or form  :hot:

#84 Shrinkage

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

Mod Market and Bocage to have the wreck of a burning Audi.

I have made up a rough draft!

I Approve!  :Jeep: Trucks > Audis

• Capn Cackler likes this

#85 Colonel Tavington

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Maybe mod the Katyushas to launch Audis...

• Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#86 Highway Man

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:44 PM

Maybe mod the Katyushas to launch Audis...[/size]

Nope too stupid.
The BEST idea would be. PUT A RUNWAY ON THE CHURCH FOR ME.
Or at least a pillow to cushion the blow
  • Capn Cackler likes this

#87 Par Shooter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

So yesterday was one of the worst days ever ..

It was Market Garden followed by Bocage then Market then Bocage then Market again ................... surly this cant be good for the server with these maps being played for the best part of all sunday afternoon (uk time)

I cannot remember the last time Battle of the Bulge was played or Stalingrad to name but two .

I know I keep banging on about other maps and playing them,There is a server in france that plays maps in rotation (and voted for even Berlin with no tanks and no nades) thats gets full up with 72 people so sometimes its impossible to get on,

I would dearly love for this to happen with Moongamers as nearly everyone that plays here a great fun and play in the spirit and take the jokes/abuse thats meant in fun the right way 

I really do care for this server thats why I donate ,

Please please alter a few maps and lets get some variety back 

KIndest regards

Par

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#88 Lin

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

Your pleas were not only heard, but echoed by the majority of the management here. Until recently our server was handicapped by the maps that had been modded several years prior. Recently, one of our senior admins decided to dive into map modding, and things have been a lot different since then!

The time we played Market/Bocage/Market/Bocage was an experiment, and it didn't even quite last through the weekend to prove what some of us had already been thinking: that it would be too much of a zzzzzzfest to last for long. 

In the past few weeks we have been opening up rotation to more maps, removing map vote more often (map vote will eventually be retired), and we're even planning to start holding a weekly CTF event. Times they are a-changing!

Welcome to the new MoonGamers!

• Rubulator and Stamper like this

#89 Lin

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

I would like to see the Berlin CQ MOD in rotation that had a flag on the other side of the river and 2 bridges to get across on, and it has Half Tracks but no Tanks.

Me and AirChuck had allot of fun teaming up on that map even though he liked to fly.

Golly I miss AirChuck!!

We've been refreshing the maps lately, and with that we have been changing up the rotation. We've had the mod with the backside opened up for quite some time, I'll talk with Wasabi about moving that mod from the TDM server to the current CQ. We only had one bridge to the other side, rather than two, but we're also open to adding a second bridge. :)

• Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#90 Capn Cackler

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

Since we are seeing a lot more activity recently, I think it might be interesting if we added the SW/RtR maps to the map vote list maybe 1 day a week. Not in the standard rotation, just the map vote list.

#91 kaiserj

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:52 AM

Yes, get rid of map vote. This morning 20 minutes into Bocage people were starting votes for MG. We just got done with that map. Then a vote for Midway. Stupid part is after a successful vote happens for a different map, a new vote will happen in that map for the map we were just voted away from.

#92 Wasabi®

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

Since we are seeing a lot more activity recently, I think it might be interesting if we added the SW/RtR maps to the map vote list maybe 1 day a week. Not in the standard rotation, just the map vote list.

Unfortunately we cannot do this - unless a map is in the rotation it can't be voted on. 

Yes, get rid of map vote. This morning 20 minutes into Bocage people were starting votes for MG. We just got done with that map. Then a vote for Midway. Stupid part is after a successful vote happens for a different map, a new vote will happen in that map for the map we were just voted away from.

We're trying hard to get away from MG/Bocage. You have probably noticed other maps like Aberdeen, Iwo, Wake CTF, Midway etc running recently. Eventually map vote will be turned off more often than on.

#93 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:24 PM

I would love to see a dedicated infantry rotation day  :shankknife:

#94 Capn Cackler

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

midway with no vehicles and that rotating para-spawn would be amazing!!!

• Some Girl Named Cher likes this

#95 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

midway with no vehicles and that rotating para-spawn would be amazing!!!

Love it!

#96 KrautKiller

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I might have mentioned this before, but Omaha TDM is still the best. 

• BrEEd and Wasabi® like this

#97 KrautKiller

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

RIP KK

#98 MehulJ

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:05 AM

Hi Guys 

This is my 1st post on MoonGamers ... 

Umm ... I don't see Battle of the Bulge, Invasion of the Philippines and Omaha Beach being played at all ... I am not sure why but I love playing them, and will be a change from the usual Bocage and M.G. (I don't mean to offend anyone, maybe these are everyone's fav. maps), but a slight change sometimes will be appreciated.

Thank You

Cheers

:music-smiley-008:

• Wasabi® and Stamper like this

#99 MehulJ

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

Another point I would like to make is the timing and frequency of CTF Maps ... 

More CTF, More Players, More Carnage ... 

MoonGamers will be 1 soon ;-)

• Wasabi® likes this

#100 Wasabi®

Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:09 AM

Welcome to the MoonGamers forums Mehul! You will find posts here dating back to 2004, which is when our server was founded. 

First off, all the maps you mentioned (Bulge, Philippines, Omaha, CTF maps) are available to map vote. So feel free to try that.

Second, if there is an admin, don't be afraid to ask them for a map. Our admins are very proactive in general about considering map requests from players.

1) Philippines is tough to run because of the massive size. Good players know how to play it in low pop (you do a bridge fight) but most of our players do not.

2) As for Omaha, you are in luck. It is back in rotation as of just 10 minutes ago as is Caen/Stalingrad. You might be surprised to learn that MoonGamers started off as a 24/7 Omaha server. At one point, our TDM Omaha 24/7 server was ranked #1 in the world!

I will monitor to see how these 3 maps do. Hopefully the players will play these maps, but if not, we go back to the previous rotation.

3) Bulge is a tank specialty map and many players leave, especially those who like planes. We ran it several times in the last 2 weeks, it did mediocre.
Try a mapvote, or play against bots on the Playground server! (see #6 below)

4) We now have an official CTF night on Saturday nights (8pm - 11pm US EST time approx), though it is probably quite early for you. If you wake up early (like 7AM on Sunday) you may be able to catch a few maps. We have also been trying to run more CTF during the day also, with mixed success.

5) You will find that many of our players love Market / Bocage and they will keep voting for those maps. We are actively trying to discourage that and I have personally been setting map vote off to prevent voting for Market and Bocage.

6) Check out our Playground server when the main server is quiet.

• It is normally set to run a Vanilla CQ rotation with a lot of bots (their skill is set to max, and they can use tanks/planes etc!)
  • You can map vote to any map you want
  • It also has Desert Combat (which has coop maps) and a lot of other mods installed. Check for details -->> http://www.moongamer...showtopic=67127

• Stamper and MehulJ like this

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com