Photo

Panthera server ideas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

So I used to play a lot of Panthera back in the day and have seen quite a few panthera servers succeed in PvP. I know we need missions and also the naval missions will be so good on this map since its 3 islands. The island that I very far south west is normally a admin base or can be used as a bandit base. the drop box idea and med supply mission with no ai are a lot of fun in pvp on this map cause you have such rough terrain that its awesome to fight with. I would have to say that auto refuel would be the best bet for this map and self blood bag. I know that in many peoples eyes is too easy but if you are against a group of 3 or 4 guys then your screwed if you have no one to watch your back. Towing is a much needed thing on this map since it is so hard to get from east to west or north to south due to rivers and mountain ranges. Also adding so overpoch weapons will boost the cool features of this high fps map.

Safe Zone trader zones discussions for panthera: http://epochmod.com/...es-of-panthera/

Co-op pvp as stated by a fellow teamspeak user would be awesome.

#2 Edamame

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Sounds like fun to me. Just no Cheytech or AS50 IMO. They are too OP. Other than that I think the overwatch weapons are great.

I really like co-op PvP idea

#3 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

I know im not no founder and mostly a MG scrub :) but I have been hearing a lot of nay say about panthera pvp/co-op pvp. From what I have been hearing that pvp will hurt some peoples feelings because they might get attacked when they aren't there and what not. But that's actually what you should expect in pvp. I would love pvp and I know a few others would to. this all is up to Lin but just wanted to give my bit.

#4 Lin

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Well first I have to get in touch with Enforcer and see what he wants to do, but my vote would be to let the players make it a place they want to play. Enforcer and I would be there to make sure things stay reasonable.

#5 Randigar

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

well we tried pvp before did it work no for alot of reasons

1. Nobody could really own or build anything
2. Nobody would play
3. People did not like losing their stuff
4. People being lame in the way they approached pvp
5. you can not have a PG server as PVP servers are just so filled with bad language left and right that we would kill any player base
off by ourselves kicking and banning people.

Look I tried to get our pvp going I sat in it myself for countless hours and really am not going to do it again all the bickering in TS all the whining
the only way I could see it working would be MOON vs ALL the way we intended on originally

#6 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well it seemed that it didn't turn out well Then. But that's not what I mean by co-op pvp. I mean advertising a lot in the forums for a giant war on our 50 man server. Bandits vs. heroes, or whatever name your choose. Its possible and have seen it possible. It takes everyone to help out get it started. My ideas run rampant and may succeed and may not.

#7 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

If you guys could post on here that would be great. http://epochmod.com/...a-welcomes-you/

#8 Enforcer

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I am fine with a PvP map with the features that were mentioned considering it is a PvP format. I would also agree with Randigar, in that MOST of the Moonies did not want to do a PvP format. What happened a couple of times was a player got mad at another player because of what happened in the PvP server, had hurt feelings, came over to the PvE server and vented their frustrations out on the "safe" things there.

While I agree with you Loverboy, a player should expect a certain play style in PvP, that did not seem to happen. And for those that did adopt that play style, they were looked at poorly by the those that played predominantly PvE. Not saying it was right, but, it did happen. And there were bases on the PvP server, but, of course with so few players on the server, the only contact was to camp those bases and get your player kills. So, for many, the pvp format just did not work out. I for one, just don't care to play that style after years of FPS games, I just wasn't as into the player vs player games as much.

Now, I kinda would like to see a hero vs bandit kinda thing going on. So the rule would be heroes would only kill bandits and bandits would only kill heroes or survivors. How could you enforce that? Is there a script that would penalize a bandit for killing another bandit? Or a hero for killing a survivor?

That was one thing that was discussed in the past, especially on Cherno. The west side, west of Stary would be inhabited by mostly bandits. The East by mostly heroes. So, if you wanted to be a bandit, you could have someone to kill, just by going over to the East side of the map, and conversely, Heroes would be killing bandits on the West side of the map. And then to lead on..if you are a hero and you see a bandit on your side of the map, they are fair game, player or not. And if you see a hero on the west side of the map, fair game. So, if you want to engage you can as long as you are on the correct side of the map. If you venture over to the enemy side, you face the AI opposite and any other player that may recognize you. Course, you cannot kill a player on that side, but, only AI, so, it makes you very very cautious if you do venture over to the other side..for equipment, looting barracks, etc. So, if you want action..go to the other side of the map. If you want safe..stay on your side of the map..

Not sure if that could even be done on an open server though..too complicated a rule set.

But, I am fine with whatever you guys that have played pvp at other places, think would be best here as well. Population is what we need..

#9 Bucket

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I am fine with a PvP map with the features that were mentioned considering it is a PvP format. I would also agree with Randigar, in that MOST of the Moonies did not want to do a PvP format. What happened a couple of times was a player got mad at another player because of what happened in the PvP server, had hurt feelings, came over to the PvE server and vented their frustrations out on the "safe" things there.

While I agree with you Loverboy, a player should expect a certain play style in PvP, that did not seem to happen. And for those that did adopt that play style, they were looked at poorly by the those that played predominantly PvE. Not saying it was right, but, it did happen. And there were bases on the PvP server, but, of course with so few players on the server, the only contact was to camp those bases and get your player kills. So, for many, the pvp format just did not work out. I for one, just don't care to play that style after years of FPS games, I just wasn't as into the player vs player games as much.

Now, I kinda would like to see a hero vs bandit kinda thing going on. So the rule would be heroes would only kill bandits and bandits would only kill heroes or survivors. How could you enforce that? Is there a script that would penalize a bandit for killing another bandit? Or a hero for killing a survivor?

That was one thing that was discussed in the past, especially on Cherno. The west side, west of Stary would be inhabited by mostly bandits. The East by mostly heroes. So, if you wanted to be a bandit, you could have someone to kill, just by going over to the East side of the map, and conversely, Heroes would be killing bandits on the West side of the map. And then to lead on..if you are a hero and you see a bandit on your side of the map, they are fair game, player or not. And if you see a hero on the west side of the map, fair game. So, if you want to engage you can as long as you are on the correct side of the map. If you venture over to the enemy side, you face the AI opposite and any other player that may recognize you. Course, you cannot kill a player on that side, but, only AI, so, it makes you very very cautious if you do venture over to the other side..for equipment, looting barracks, etc. So, if you want action..go to the other side of the map. If you want safe..stay on your side of the map..

Not sure if that could even be done on an open server though..too complicated a rule set.

But, I am fine with whatever you guys that have played pvp at other places, think would be best here as well. Population is what we need..

Not sure how to say this in words so bare with meh, question is Panthera server Ideas? What about Chenro? there are so many things we can improve populate etc this weekend we had over twenty people on and was kinda stable. What i would do is dump panthera find out about more of this clean up script for Cherno and take NAPF to overwatch..In my view panthera is PVE only i can set the AI high at my house and not even log in on moonies. I'm starting to think every member and sorry to say Admins included to sit down and right some goals rather talk it over in TS and go on the week with nothing done or having to sitdown and figuring all this out over the weekend..Last coment there are a lot of members that want change and perhaps a little boost in game play would this be wrong? -b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com