Photo

TS suggestion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mrgiggls

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:30 AM

I had an idea I wanted to share regarding Team Speak and our random AI missions.

Since we are a PVE server and missions are valuable mechanics that a lot of people want to do, it presents some complications as who who's doing what and who gets what loot.

Here's my idea: We create a TS channel for each color mission. If a player want to do a mission he should follow the server rules and call out his/her intent in side chat and mark position on the map, but having a dedicated channel in TS that people could join would enable realtime communication and help avoid confusion.

#2 Thirteen

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

This seems to be a good idea in theory. I have noticed in practice even when we have named changes such as Chernarus, Missions, New player training, etc, that not everyone follows those names. They may start in cherno, then start running missions and move to missions chat to keep the chatter down, but then when there is no one in cherno chan and everyone is in missions, non mission folk join the mission chat so they have others to speak with, later no one is running missions yet everyone is in the missions channel because that was where the conversations were.

Human habits are hard to combat. LOL. I like this suggestion. And I see no reason whey we couldn't have Red,Green,Blue sub channels under missions. Admins would have to make sure to politely move folk that are non combatants to other channels if the focus of the channel chat has changed. I have noticed this in TS but being the new kid on the block so to speak I have not done much ppl moving suggestions.

Again I think this could work, it would just take some effort on everyones part to remember to change channels or to be conscious of where they are.

Cheers,

#3 Enforcer

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

There is a mission channel already and we could always add two additional mission channels, but, what I didn't especially like was, "admins can politely move folk to other channels." For that to occur, admins would have to monitor each mission and who is working it to ensure they are in the appropriate channel. And Thirteen is correct, when he says, that while it makes perfect sense, it will not work that way. If there are several people in the Red channel, and someone pops in and is just fabricating at their base, I would politely move them out of channel because they are not officially on the mission? So, we leave that player in the Red channel, just because. The Red mission players finish red and move on to Blue. So, now either they, or an admin, have to move them all to Blue? So, hold on..nevermind what I may be doing, I will turn on God mode, alt tab out of game, move the players, get back in game, remove God mode and then back to gaming. What, moving to the Green mission, hold on..and then have to repeat the sequence. I think that is a bit much to ask of any admin, to constantly be switching people to the "correct" channels, or monitoring them to see the players are doing so themselves.

Out of courtesy, those players that are doing X mission or Y mission should move themselves to any other channel. We have a Napf channel, a Panthera channel, Bandit channel etc. Use one of them. I made a building channel the other night, because building with a partner takes a LOT of chat and will monopolize a channel if there are several other persons in the same channel trying to play the game.

So, I could go for the different channels for different missions, but, I don't think the admins should be expected to keep up with it as closely as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com