Photo

Best 1942 Memory?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 birney

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

If a kantor shoots and kills a dodgem in the woods and nobody but Hornet is around to witness it, did it really happen?

Irregardless of Who was around to witness it, If a Dodgem is laying deaded in those woods than it did in-fact happen lol.

Every so often Kantor still does appear in the server. I believe he last came in about six months ago and also came into TS.
Kantor and Kantor 1 he was harmless and it does go to show you dont have to be a good or great player to become 'known' in this game. I sincerely hope he pays us another visit soon.

I cant remember Rapid fires tale but thank you for sharing. it does go to show how 'sneaky' people think while playing this game doesn't it.

I use to snipe the axis airfield on Market garden, every so often I would change to an engi and mine the planes that was sitting there empty. After five minutes of no one going to get in them I would put in game all game chats'

"I am going to steal a plane from axis main" Very shortly followed by "Ooops was meant to put that in team chat"

Within two minutes I would be laughing at the lonely figure running down the airfield to 'save' the plane from being stolen.

#22 COLONEL HESSLER

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

Pentium 3

#23 Monkey

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Within two minutes WE would be laughing

The most memorable time is when I sat Baby Mon down at the age of 4 not quite 5 yet and showed her the basics of the game.... she got very tired of the "bots" so I took her into game with me and even got her set up in TeamSpeak.... First words out of her mouth after Birney asked her if it was bed time..... "Go to bed old man!!!" then a few days later we are all playing and I hear this funny giggle coming from here and it echos in TS..... I hear Birney go dammit who killed me and Baby Monk says I knifed Birney Birney...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Some of the best days come from the first few times of finding Moders and hearing about this shaved punani that kept happening on the beaches of Normandy particularly Omaha Beach. Cosa would get down the short ramp and start going on a knife spree of all the snipers and fresh spawning players that don't move fast enough. Then I go in game and see no one that I was used to and finally discover that I missed the message that we were moving to a new server of our own. Again we let the carnage began all anew. Fresh meat and fresh server .... we went crazy for a few years. Cosa Left due to some differences but asks now and then if MoonGamers is still going..... and to his peeve I say "oh yea, stop in TS sometime" hehehe.

Th4en days of "new" Birney, Section8 and I would all but own things when the 3 of us were in game. We then had to all hold back because Omaha TDM was on its way out. We get told that the box and server will be closed in 2 weeks if nothing changes. We begged Core to turn things over to us for the last leg and see what we can do..... we did some MAJOR changes and in less than a week went from a dead empty server to a full all day 24/7 server for the next several years. This was our crowning moment and the best feeling I ever had from being part of the 1942 community. That and all the help I personally have helped those not from MoonGamers that had problems with their box their server or anything else game related and server side. I have had access to damn near every box and server for the entire 1942 community even those who were "competition". They knew that if they had a problem all they needed to do was come talk to Lin or myself and things would get fixed either by walk through or by letting us come in and fix it quickly so they could keep their player base. Most 42 clans and communities found that we here at MoonGamers were here first about the game and second about helping everyone keep this game alive. We went toe to toe with EA we went toe to to with Even Balance.... we stood up for everyone and pulled as much weight as we could just to keep this game running and alive for many hopefully years to come. My girls all pretty much grew up on playing our servers namely 1942 Omaha both TDM and CQ. Baby Monk is now 10 and still asks if she can get on the computer to play "tank" but with my health being so bad for the last 2 years I have had to tell her that I cant help her find the server or even get online. But now that due to some medication change may be able to pop in now and then she might make her appearance in game just to either knife Birney Birney or to run him over in the stolen Jeep while she laughs like mad...... anyway hurting a ton from all the typing....... in the words of Baby Monk

GO TO BED OLD MAN!!!
Love ya Birney Birney
  • Rapid Fire likes this

#24 Rapid Fire

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I say we teach baby monk how to find the server herself! That way burned will fear for his life!

I remember the days of TDM suffering, CQ was still rocking. This was during the time in moon's phase that admins were still either just TDM or CQ admins. Grant it they could admin either one. Shortly before that time I was strictly a CQ admin because I liked the variety. But I knew the "old" server needed everyone's help. Luckily they had section 8 and burned in the beginning of the evening for the eastern time. Death man and I did our best to keep it going into the evening on the other side of the states. Hell, we would even spend nights in ts together, one running CQ, the other on TDM. Otherwise it got to boring. Eventually one server had to faulter. To some of ours dismay, our home of CQ fell short, but TDM became strong, supported other games for a considerable amount of time, even after issues with pb, ea, and game spy. I can not ever remember a time before or after this that effort that so much trust was put into admins. I can't even remember hours of chats deathman and I would have with Birney and Section about how the server was doing at night, on suggestions of admins that could help us out. Some of these admins are still admins, some are even Sr's at this point, others have their troubles, faults and have either moved on, or fixed them and continue to prove just how stong moon is.

I really wish my previous post was true, but to be honest, I don't have a favorite 1942 memory. Instead I have a bunch of people that are more than just companions on a game. I have friends that I should talk to more often, people that I have listed as references on job applications because of the countless hours of volunteer work. I have learned how to interact with others of all ages, from different countries, languages, views in life. All of which has helped me in my job of teaching international students how fonp fly in America so that they too can fly the dream job.

My favorite thing is not bf1942, it is the people who gave me a second chance, taught me plenty of lessons, allowed me to grow from my freshmen year of high school. To those who are wondering how long that has been, I just graduated college with a BAS in aerospace. I wish I had more time to give in the server and in ts. Not because of tag associated with my name, but the interactions from the people I happily call my friends.
  • Monkey and gensolo like this

#25 birney

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

This post started out as 'YOUR best bf42 memories' irregardless of server.Us monies seem to have hi-jacked this thread to a small degree and for that we apologize but only in a small way. Many of us, like Rapid fire above, have been here for years and the few monies posting have all played against and with each other for all that time. For the longest time we had two full bf42 servers. As Terry and Rapid refereed to we even turned around a dead server and made it great again. Tonight It was said in-game How they must have been 'crazy fun times' and indeed they where. We ran admin v reg matches, Christmas events and other maps and mods. I don't think I have a Omaha specific video to share but posted below are a few. They are not a pointless piece of self-promotion they are
posted to help show and remember our fondest memories.

• HARRY TRIGGER likes this

#26 birney

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv650cgQVhg

http://www.dailymoti...leat_videogames

http://www.dailymoti...anta_videogames (2 mins the fun starts)

http://www.dailymoti...tty_videogames#

For the record, Ring of fire is my favorate simply because of the 'names' that where playing, alongside Santaland and bleat it really is enough to tug on the nostalgic heart strings.

Please, please keep posting your memories peoples!

As for Baby monkey! I had forgot about that! If she had been in my living room at the time she would had learnt a good few English cuss words and than some lol. Bless her and her fathers heart!!

#27 Monkey

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

Nothing like pulling up an old game installation and seeing some things that have gone to the way side to bring back some memories

Posted Image
and also some old snapshots of things we had for our players to say look Im number so and so where are you.... got a few debates going because stats dont tell the whole story... the more time in game the better the stats looked so was really not anything to base things off of.

Posted Image
Who knows you might find some names that make you go... wonder where they went.....

#28 posi

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

My favorites open like that... I like to return to that, with one mod server for events and paused when not in use.

[Edit] Ah yes subject of thread.

Successfully jumped a jeep into a low flying plane and bailed for kill. Posted Image

I can't remember who said I was 'reg' material... but my qualification was apparently mining the tanks in spawn position... but not just ordinary mines.. you have to do the little smiley faces yanno!

#29 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Once upon a time in Salerno..... (no clue/memory what was server....)

I was under flamming atack by some axis gamers mad at me as bombed them again and again.... then atacked axis main, kiled the one shooting from APC, turned passed again and killed the one on machine gun at tank, turned passed again and killed one at fix machinegun right side in front of house, turned and passed again, saw an axis on runway, started a low pass to decapitate and saw him/her pull bazoka, aim and shoot, at speed of light bailed, parachute, pulled knife and knifed him... then got killed by a nade....

Silence, flaming stoped...

Now I realize how rusty i am this days....

At Baytown capture the flag.... we were just checking RTR servers, found one with good ping for both, entered, last 5 mins of map, 0-0 score, emazing pilot FALKE got BF110 and me at position 2, we atacked allie main, I bailed, got the flag, runned to back flag hils, I remenber the bullest hitting near me, my feet and me, with last box of life got pickup by FALKE, transport to allie main and 1-0 ! got an "exelent move LSD guys" and map ended...

more to come.... some neurons are waking up with memories...

#30 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

This post started out as 'YOUR best bf42 memories' irregardless of server.Us monies seem to have hi-jacked this thread to a small degree and for that we apologize but only in a small way. Many of us, like Rapid fire above, have been here for years and the few monies posting have all played against and with each other for all that time. For the longest time we had two full bf42 servers. As Terry and Rapid refereed to we even turned around a dead server and made it great again. Tonight It was said in-game How they must have been 'crazy fun times' and indeed they where. We ran admin v reg matches, Christmas events and other maps and mods. I don't think I have a Omaha specific video to share but posted below are a few. They are not a pointless piece of self-promotion they are
posted to help show and remember our fondest memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoA9XSljgZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZU4C3CDats

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8yvcz_bleat_videogames

http://www.dailymoti...anta_videogames (2 mins the fun starts)

http://www.dailymoti...tty_videogames#

For the record, Ring of fire is my favorate simply because of the 'names' that where playing, alongside Santaland and bleat it really is enough to tug on the nostalgic heart strings.

Please, please keep posting your memories peoples!

As for Baby monkey! I had forgot about that! If she had been in my living room at the time she would had learnt a good few English cuss words and than some lol. Bless her and her fathers heart!!

Great work Birney. Brings back some very fond and fun memories. Thank you so much.

Great to see Monkey aka yeknoM, posting. You are missed.
Reading this thread really reminds me how much fun the game is.

#31 Renlist

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

A couple of engineers in a jeep would drive ALL across El Alamein map, stopping just long enough to come up on your tank and explode it. Then they get back in their clown mobile and drove elsewhere to blow up another enemy tank. Classic funny old BF1942 action.

It's a funny memory, because in them early days...El Alamein was a map that got serious action.

#32 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

A couple of engineers in a jeep would drive ALL across El Alamein map, stopping just long enough to come up on your tank and explode it. Then they get back in their clown mobile and drove elsewhere to blow up another enemy tank. Classic funny old BF1942 action.

It's a funny memory, because in them early days...El Alamein was a map that got serious action.

I second that !! and it make me remember....

EL AL CTF w turbo jeeps !! (we need to pay it more, when many players in)

I started to defend axis flag with panzer, inside factory tunnel and placing mines in front of it so jeeps may explode if kamakazi jeep driver try to hit me, it worked so well that voided flag to be stole for about 20 to 25 minutes, so what started to happen.... many allie instead of try to steal flag started to hit me with all possible, jeeps, bazzokas, and even some pilot tried to bomb me, as no succes just got killed when a pilot kamakazi into the tunnel....

Spawned again, did it again.... and same cont to happens... laughing so hard !!!

#33 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Playing Desert Combat on the Moon server.
Knifing on the small beach on Omaha.

#34 JJ

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Most fun I have was being a member of the A-Team. We sure shook things up.

={A-7}=

A-1 Animal Mother
A-2 Jimmy Jammer
A-3 Beeker
A-4 Jason Bourne
A-5 Easy Company-Zero
A-6 Cam
A-7 USHA
A-8 Rabbit

I would have to agree that playing as the A team was a blast. Don't forget Hartley and MeanMachine, remember sitting in the "other" TS and watching people get pissed at us, or hearing Lin laughing so hard because we were being so absurdly out of control? Being in the main TS and laughing so hard I would nearly piss myself, USHA claiming everyone was a hack if they killed him more than twice in a game of 2700. Listening to Len and JoJo talking mad shit, Len running around the beach xpacking and JoJo the Dogface Boy running right behind him healing. Great beach fights with Tam, some awesome nights in Berlin. Lin and I beating on Bourne until Mike finally broke down and got a microphone.

Learning to work the base of the short hill with Roddy, and working the bunkers with BrEEd. Cursing MM for living in VA and having a ping of like 2. Getting to the top bunkers and just having some incredible fire fights that seem to last forever.

Long live Omaha TDM 2700.

Founder of the "A" Team and Co-Founder Old Timers Club {OTC} with Elmer Fudd.
The one formerly known as Jimmy Jammer on the beach as well as Butters.

Dave

#35 posi

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

New Memories

#36 Renlist

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I was fresh from maxing out on C&C:Renegade when DICE came out with the Wake demo for BF1942. I am still loyal to both. You can still play Renegade. Jelly-server. It gets a full house still. Google C&C Renlist, it's a C&C:Renegade server sniffer proggie.

That Pentium III reply cracked me up. Damn...memory and cpu's were so so damn expensive back then. I put 5 grand into my '95 PC.

5 grand!!!

I bought the first Hitachi 17" monitor back then in '97-'98, there were only 15 inchers back then...

$999.00.

The Hitachi Super Scan Elite 17"

Total nirvana.

#37 birney

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

The very first piece of advice I got was How to use the medic to heal myself. Not only can i remember the map (Omaha of course) I can even remember where on the map it was and Who taught me it and that would be JJ who has recently posted. Great to see you JJ!!

I remember the A-team as well. They would all join the same team on Berlin protect a certain area. Usually it was the walled area just in front of the hotel at end of allied spawn area. Once they had got the enemy tickets down to a certain level they would than switch teams and such was there team-play/killing power able to even up the tickets again.

One group of monies was called the Zook-patrol - yet for the life of me I cant remeber who was in it. Anyone?

Evil-Len and Jo-Jo where a pair to behold. If you where in an allied tank on the beach and they both where in the server, once you saw that jeep come flying over the lip of long ramp you knew with absolute certainty that they where coming to kill your tank. In ts the pure unadulterated fun they had came across to such an extent that you just could not join in and have fun yourself.

#38 no guts no glory

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

mornings with pigpen,crazymachine,birney,bigD,jojo and evil len on Omaha all saying its time to go but staying on for hours.
first admin reg match I took out breed,jason bourne and thor with and expac
being in the lower bunker at Omaha with tambulance two engies not letting any body get up the hill

#39 Hornet

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

One group of monies was called the Zook-patrol - yet for the life of me I cant remeber who was in it. Anyone?

I know I have an old screenshot of them, but my BF1942 screenshots seem to all be corrupted. All I see in them is a black screen :(.

Here's who wore the tag at some point:

TINY GROSE
RockyTop
Dave Schmidtt
Jason Bourne
Hornet
Bonds...steriod bonds
X-Double-X
Rapid Fire
waub
MacGyver
Hammer
STRYPER
Sagittarii
Mark Parsons

I just remembered another tag I used to wear on occasion (along with others): {BSCC}, which stands for Baby Seal Clubbing Club :)

#40 eXHaLe

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I know I have an old screenshot of them, but my BF1942 screenshots seem to all be corrupted. All I see in them is a black screen :(.

Your screenshots are still there and functioning.
Install XnView --> http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/
and change the Alpha channel ;-) et voila your screenies are back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com