Photo

$100 from me if you get another server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

I've played on MoonGamers for quite awhile.  Never was it this bad.  Even WITH the disconnects due to the inherent netcode flaw,  at least we could go 4 or 5 maps before a disconnect.  With the current server...it's a daily server disconnect with a regularity I've not see in times past.  2 or 3 times daily at times, it seems.

Is it a given that shopping for another server won't give any more server reliability than we have now?  Is that a 100% certainty?   If it is...then so be it.

I'm willing to pitch in a $100 donation at an attempt for a server that will disconnect at times, but less times than the current one.

If money was no object, maybe it's time to shop around.   If money IS an object, than we have to  deal with what we have as a BF1942 server.

I'm willing to gamble.

I realize setting up a new server would be a chore.

All things as they are...is the current server about all there is out there as far as a bit more reliability goes?  Maybe so...maybe not?

#2 posi

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

Renlist,  Give the $100 because staff is and always are looking for and weighing the best solution available for the players.

As an observer,  I know we will find a good solution and have faith in the team.  I know the players will stand by us.

I for one appreciate someone also very concerned about stability,  concern yourself now with rules and policy.  

Relax, quit posting for a while.  You've been around long enough..  you know how it is handled. Your not an exception.

#3 Lin

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:34 AM

Ren you are so far from posting anything with an inkling of truth in it. I have offered several times to speak with you in TeamSpeak, yet you prefer to keep guessing...very incorrectly...and posting as if you know what is going on. For the last time, kindly stop posting bullshit everywhere. You're way off the mark.

• Spare Parts likes this

#4 Renlist

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

Hey!  I already acknowledged the significant effort involved to maintain a server, let alone attempt to switch to another server.

OK.  With the flawed netcode and all,  maybe the current server is about all we can expect these days due to these circumstances.  

Noted.

I'll still pitch in a donation now and then.

I was more curious as to whether shopping for another server would result in less disconnects and resets.   Probably not?  Ah well...

EDIT:  The servers CRASHES are actually few and far between.  The map resets are a netcode thing and happen often and get me pissed, still.

Especially with no admin around to shorten the clock time and move on to the next map.

I'm not talking about a server crash, but a reset.  It gets down to the last minute of a 45 minute match, well played close match...and at the last minute or so,,, the map resets to start.  

#5 shavo

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

Renlist. Everyone is having issues and believe me I feel your pain. I have really looked in this nd posted about it here: http://www.moongamer...695#entry699195

Its not with moongamers server. There are things going on we dont know about, some serious BAD-Rerouting, Trafiic and other things happening causing the server lag.

Give it time, wait it out, Let the above.net guys do thier thing. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com