Photo

Console controls vs. PC keyboard question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

I'm thinking of getting myself into using a console controller, I don't own a console, never have. Can you be as good with a controller as you are with a keyboard?  

I need to budge myself into the modern world more (assimilated)  and see if I can get nimble and accurate with a console controller. 

Meanwhile, here's some debate forum discussing  PC and Consoles.   I just think I better maybe start learning how to use a console controller.

Most blurbs don't talk about nimbleness and accuracy with regards to both control methods. One compared to the other.

http://www.debate.or...-console-gaming

#2 mistamontiel

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

Oh don't be ridic

With mice the world is @ your tips

You don't wish to turn , ye wish ta spin

#3 dodgem

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:28 AM

I don't think so.

I've only really ever heard of people playing with a controller for flying in BF1942.  But I don't think it's easy or as effective.  

It probably also depends on how you play currently.  If you use very high mouse sensitivity settings, it will be harder to replicate that with a controller (isn't that what PC gamers always say to console gamers....you just can't quite 360 no-scope as quickly).

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

I use keyboard + mouse for infantry, joystick + mouse for for vehicles and just joystick for fly planes.

There is a reason for this, regardless are some amazing pilots using mouse and keyboard, for the fly experience I like best a joystick as well configured give you in one ergonomic device all controls of the plane + cameras. Consider that in a good day I can be sometimes many minutes w/o die and continue game , it can be a lot for your wrists using a mouse and care of your hands is a must. I can fly using mouse + key but feels not right for me.

I've never used a ps4 kind of controller for BF so can't give an opinion.

Test all and choose what is best for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com