Photo

Farewell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tuk MavericK

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

Hello, guys

I'm writing this message to say goodbye. Moongamers is losing one player in the "huge" moongamer bf1942 community. Lately I've been a target by some part of the administration and I'm tired of it. I'm also tired of the cheaters, but this isnt the major reason. I hope my image as a player is as good as I think it is. always being fair, honest and playing with teamplay. 

The episode of today was the last one that i will tolerate. One guy tk the corsair that just spawned with a nade and I asked for an admin, and just like it always happens when I warn admins about something wrong, nothing happened. Five minutes ago, when a no fog piece of shit mg uses chat to say bullshit about the ones that he was killing and I say no fog in chat, I'm kicked. Trying to argue with the other piece of shit (admin) about the situation above and why he didnt answer my call I was kicked again. That was the last kick and my last match, at least on moongamers.

So that's it. Thank you while the server was good and fair.

MavericK

• stude4art likes this

#2 Lin

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

2/3/2016 19:41:46 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: admin on?  

--- It is simple. If you look at the player list and see a player with an [Admin] tag on, then an admin is on. If a known admin name is not wearing the tag, they are not adminning.

--- Point two, we always want to know what you want, without always having to ask. That allows us to prioritize our work. What, where, who.
2/3/2016 19:41:46 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  Tuk what are your other user names?  
2/3/2016 19:41:58 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: great..  
2/3/2016 19:42:10 : # [Global] Onda Wagon: venom if anybody  
2/3/2016 19:42:19 : # [Allies] |OR| MavericK: pass  
2/3/2016 19:42:25 : # [Allies] |OR| MavericK: enger  

2/3/2016 19:42:50 : # [Global] F^Venom: kill him  
2/3/2016 19:42:56 : # [Global] Onda Wagon: been alot of sleeper admins lately though  
2/3/2016 19:42:56 : # [Global] F^Venom: kill the zero  
2/3/2016 19:43:02 : # [Global] F^Venom: lol  
2/3/2016 19:43:05 : # [Global] Onda Wagon: which i think is good  
2/3/2016 19:43:20 : # [Global] F^Venom: ~=)  
2/3/2016 19:43:26 : # [Global] sharpcarrots pimp!: nice  
2/3/2016 19:43:32 : # [Global] Tukonaipa: lol..thx for the...non existent AA  
2/3/2016 19:44:02 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  Tuk whaT YOUR  othe names?  
2/3/2016 19:44:08 : # [Global] Tukonaipa: huh ?  
2/3/2016 19:44:08 : # [Global] Onda Wagon: ty sir may i have another  
2/3/2016 19:44:14 : # [Global] soldado raso: jajj  
2/3/2016 19:44:21 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  Tuk what are your other user names?  
2/3/2016 19:44:24 : # [Global] Dawg: SHIT  
2/3/2016 19:44:24 : # [Global] Kyle the DinoBoy: sry dawg  
2/3/2016 19:44:45 : # [Global] Dawg: np  
2/3/2016 19:44:54 : # [Allies] v Delirium v: hi Jon, Mav and Pedreiro  
2/3/2016 19:44:57 : # [Global] EnormousDwarf: !!!  
2/3/2016 19:45:00 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: hola  
2/3/2016 19:45:09 : # [Global] sharpcarrots pimp!: where's my carrot boy?  
2/3/2016 19:45:24 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  TUk wontl say what his other user names are  
2/3/2016 19:45:43 : User said '[BFSM] Pew Pew Pew Don't radio spam, call ONCE only'.
2/3/2016 19:46:22 : # [Global] |OR| Javo: lol  
2/3/2016 19:46:25 : # [Global] Dawg: :D  
2/3/2016 19:46:25 : # [Axis] Renlist: ????  
2/3/2016 19:46:55 : # [Axis] Renlist: beach side  
2/3/2016 19:47:28 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  its okay Tuk...you donl have to say your other user  
2/3/2016 19:48:20 : # [Allies] Bean: sry ski  
2/3/2016 19:48:23 : # [Allies] SKI: np  
2/3/2016 19:48:32 : # [Global] The_Real_Meltdown: quit flying lika a ballerina  
2/3/2016 19:48:35 : # [Global] Dawg:  
2/3/2016 19:48:41 : # [Global] Sup:    
2/3/2016 19:48:50 : # [Global] sharpcarrots pimp!: lol  
2/3/2016 19:48:59 : # [Axis] iCQ =(o.o)= NL.EU: sorry  
2/3/2016 19:48:59 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: quit your no fog  
--- We have had a rule in place for a long time...no hack talk on the server. We're tired of kids always calling hax. We DO ban hackers, but not just on anyone's sayso, we put them on our PTW list and watch. You have been here long enough to know this, but like many of our rules, you ignore it.

2/3/2016 19:49:23 : # [Global] Horace Greeley:  tora tora  
2/3/2016 19:49:29 : User said '[BFSM] |OR| MavericK kicked for Hackusations'.
2/3/2016 19:49:29 : User kicked player |OR| MavericK (db07757afac3e5ac8a44e3ba5af529ac) at 179.153.93.9 for Hackusations.

--- Apparently the admin that was on agreed with what I just said above. You have been warned about this multiple times already. We warn to educate, not to give out freebies. When players have abused the warnings long enough, we just go straight to kick.

2/3/2016 19:50:03 : # [Global] Sup: KOM Je terug?  
2/3/2016 19:50:27 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: thank you for being there when i need u, admin  
--- Think. Perhaps the admin wasn't on at the time you called earlier. Or perhaps they were busy watching a PTW. You aren't the only player on the server.

2/3/2016 19:50:42 : # [Global] v Delirium v: hey mav  
2/3/2016 19:50:45 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: hi  
2/3/2016 19:50:45 : # [Axis] Dimwit: dude  
2/3/2016 19:50:51 : # [Global] v Delirium v: te heceiron el culo?  
2/3/2016 19:50:51 : # [Global] Bean: so much nicer when theres an admin   
2/3/2016 19:50:52 : User said 'np - don't accuse others of hacking. Ty'.
2/3/2016 19:50:54 : # [Global] Horace Greeley:  deduct points for sarcasm  
2/3/2016 19:51:03 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  ADMIN is here for YOU to serve and prtoect!  
2/3/2016 19:51:09 : # [Global] Pedreiro Suado: delirium, english please  
2/3/2016 19:51:12 : # [Global] Pedreiro Suado: :P  
2/3/2016 19:51:19 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: yeap.. why didnt u answer when the guy tkd my pla  
--- See above. We are not about to follow you through your entire game. We have other work to do and sometimes, we actually just want to play.

2/3/2016 19:51:43 : # [Global] Pete Sakes:  wait til Lin shows up..thenm you will SUFFER!  
2/3/2016 19:51:49 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: 5 sec later u appear to kick me  
--- You broke a rule you have been warned for...a lot.

2/3/2016 19:51:55 : # [Allies] F^Venom: lolol  
2/3/2016 19:51:58 : User said 'we are not here for everything'.
2/3/2016 19:51:58 : # [Allies] F^Venom: thx  
2/3/2016 19:52:07 : # [Global] sharpcarrots pimp!: mav, chill brother  
2/3/2016 19:52:13 : User said 'nor does that mean you are free to break a rule after'.
--- I was not this admin, but it appears we think alike.

2/3/2016 19:52:16 : # [Allies] v Delirium v: hi venom  
2/3/2016 19:52:22 : # [Allies] F^Venom: hi =)  
2/3/2016 19:52:22 : # [Global] Dimwit: You are aware that admins are volenteer?  
2/3/2016 19:52:31 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: ahhh ok.. we can tk anything now that u guys wont  
--- You are a jerk.

2/3/2016 19:52:40 : # [Axis] Sup: jeep to south  
2/3/2016 19:52:51 : User said '[BFSM] |OR| MavericK kicked for you're not getting it'.
2/3/2016 19:52:51 : User kicked player |OR| MavericK (db07757afac3e5ac8a44e3ba5af529ac) at 179.153.93.9 for you're not getting it.

--- This admin needs to remember that players no longer see the kick messages, and haven't for a few years now.

2/3/2016 19:52:53 : # [Global] |OR| MavericK: but we cant complain about obvious strange things  
--- No, not in the server, it is here for gaming, not bitching. Take complaints to the forum, that too has been the rule for 12 years.

Again, we are not going to ban someone just because you say Boo. If we ran our server like that, you would have been banned years ago for all of the players that have called you hacker and demanded your ban.

As this game continues to get older, and players prefer to be players rather than babysitters, there will be a lot of times admins won't be on. If you cannot deal with that, then perhaps you need to find a newer game to play.

#3 Bot

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

Sounds like you need a break for a while. You're just taking pubs too seriously - try playing some 1v1s or small matches on other servers with players you know to take care of any 'competitive' urges you may have, and you'll be surprised how quickly you stop getting annoyed at that guy who just zooked your plane and instead start laughing at all the 'characters' on the server.

edit: that being said, sorry to see you leave, it was always fun to DF with you

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Hey Maverick,

Hello, guys

I'm writing this message to say goodbye. Moongamers is losing one player in the "huge" moongamer bf1942 community. Lately I've been a target by some part of the administration and I'm tired of it. I'm also tired of the cheaters, but this isnt the major reason. I hope my image as a player is as good as I think it is. always being fair, honest and playing with teamplay. 

Hackers/cheater will be in all three major servers, we all do our best to ban them. Our Administration does NOT ban on accusations, we ban on PROOF. And also, If you think somebody is hacking, doesn't mean they are. It's an old game with many weird (and maybe unexplanable) things happening. And one major thing that might also happen, what you think is a hack/cheat is called LUCK, somebody might just be in the right place at the right time. Or you might not be as 'invisible' as you think you are. I'm not saying you're not a good pilot/player, but shit happens and will happen. If you think someone isn't clean, make a Player To Watch thread in our 1942 section and we will take it from there.

Just think about your decision. And I would like to repeat Lin's sentence: ''If you look at the player list and see a player with an [Admin] tag on, then an admin is on. If a known admin name is not wearing the tag, they are not adminning.''.

Finally, there is only one kind of player targetted by admins, and that is a rule breaker.

#5 King of the Squirrels

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

Hi Tuk

I suggest you chill for awhile and think things over. Just a give you a fresh perspective. Everything that you are voicing your concerns over on targeting and hacking has been voiced by others about you.  Just think about and how moon has treated you. You were allowed to play and continue because moon works on proof. Everyone has a bad day and stuff does happen. Just keeping a 2002 game alive this many years has been amazing. The amount of work it has been take in to keep things running has been huge.  Our rules are clearly posted and you are aware of our forum and how voice your concerns and complaints for conflict resolution.  During the school year and administration work loads moon does the best we can with what is available.  If something/one is bothering post your concern. We will address it.

Squirrel

#6 Vexador

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:34 AM

All I had to do do is scan this thread. (one of the only threads I could find that was active for this old, lovely game) Good players are also fed up.

And I see that there is a movement to shut this game down. I can understand it if is it a server that no one is paying for; but don't come in the f-cking game as an admin and make the game miserable so we will stop coming. FFS (as happened tonight.) if U wanna shut it down, just say so. If u think VEX is gonna give money, f-it the server is dead. I will not donate to this game. (haxors win on that one) I tried to financially support this server, The only cool/good Admin I ever encountered was Posi. NOBODY REACHED OUT.

I was THE most active playing in BF '42 not long ago. And I call Moongamers my home these days. And I took 1 ban on the chin (for rowdy playing). For a WHILE ALL WAS GOOD, but when certain admins are on, I got to listen to welcomes, like, "Oh, do you want a ban from Twilight? or Lin? This evening?" (For F-ing what? I might add?) I told you morons that some ass from Russia/China has hated me fora YEAR maybe?(SU/24, this that and the other) and loves to log in and use my name acting like a f-tard. You wanna kill the game, and one of my favorite pastimes, of course i'm gonna get emotional, but I offered help...I gave help in bringing ppl to the f-ing server. ppk were coming online just to say they killed vex. I ran with that crap for a while.

Give it to me. It better be with the best oils you can muster up.  I want to see Lin's picture with the asp on her tit too, In Elysium after I go.

Twilight, you twerp, Tell wacky what server we gonna plan on next.

#7 Angerfist

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

You seem to live in another dimension.

• Eliminator and Bot like this

#8 Lin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

Vex. Your issues are quite different from Mav's. Instead of hijacking his thread and making it all about you, why don't you start your own hate thread.

So you're being targeted by someone, did you ever stop to think it would be due to the way you mistreat other players? Perhaps someone just finally got tired of it and decided to make you a target. Don't push the responsibility for this guy onto us when you brought some strife down on your own head. The responsibility for dealing with this dude would be yours.

• HARRY TRIGGER and Rubulator like this

#9 Jubilee

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:24 PM

LoL I think vex comes equipped with his own straight jacket. 

In any case, Mav, sorry to see you go. But Lin has a good point. People accuse you all the time, and I've seen them get kicked for it. I trust your judgement if you believe someone is hacking, but there are ways to take care of them that don't require game chat. Even something as simple as a code word you could use to alert admins. Hope you change your mind; it's always fun to play against you.

#10 mexican eskimo

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

Vex. Your issues are quite different from Mav's. Instead of hijacking his thread and making it all about you, why don't you start your own hate thread.

So you're being targeted by someone, did you ever stop to think it would be due to the way you mistreat other players? Perhaps someone just finally got tired of it and decided to make you a target. Don't push the responsibility for this guy onto us when you brought some strife down on your own head. The responsibility for dealing with this dude would be yours.

Can I start my own hate thread too?

#11 Renlist

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hello, guys

The episode of today was the last one that i will tolerate. One guy tk the corsair that just spawned with a nade and I asked for an admin, and just like it always happens when I warn admins about something wrong, nothing happened. Five minutes ago, when a no fog piece of shit mg uses chat to say bullshit about the ones that he was killing and I say no fog in chat, I'm kicked. Trying to argue with the other piece of shit (admin) about the situation above and why he didnt answer my call I was kicked again. That was the last kick and my last match, at least on moongamers.

So that's it. Thank you while the server was good and fair.

MavericK

Maybe make note of that player's nick and post an alert about that player here.  You may or may not get ultimate satisfaction, but it's better than reading cheater gameplay chat about it during a match. Don't you agree?  Also, will we miss you?  

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

I do see an issue that is escalating, and at some point Core and Admins need to take a deepest check on why many pilots complaint a lot  about similar thing,  some pilot that found anyone at all times, dont take a hit even when must have and uses different nicks as can`t use his one as per the list of complaints about he is hacking.

Lets do a voting on what pilot is more suspisious on been hacking and use results and really investigate it so  can real state: no hack in Moon 

Troop

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

I do see an issue that is escalating, and at some point Core and Admins need to take a deepest check on why many pilots complaint a lot  about similar thing,  some pilot that found anyone at all times, dont take a hit even when must have and uses different nicks as can`t use his one as per the list of complaints about he is hacking.

Lets do a voting on what pilot is more suspisious on been hacking and use results and really investigate it so  can real state: no hack in Moon 

Troop

In your case that is ping, same in my case. I can be leading the target at the sweet spot and see the hits on the plane in front of me (probably hitting the wings) and it doesn't kill the plane. Or I am aiming in the sweet spot and nothing even sparks of the plane. It's an old game.

Let's not do that. If you think someone is hacking put up a PTW in here or (preferably) reg forums . Let's not go and tarnish peoples names by 'voting' if they are hacking or not. This stuff will only be gossipping and will let players believe the person that is voted on be regarded as a hacker. This will drive people of off the server. Sometimes people just have to get the fact that some players are playing the game for years and years, they get skill and presight in where people are going and will be on the map. If you play a single map hundreds of times thing get predictable. In that case people often think somebody is hacking. The game is old, shit happens and luck happens.

The End.

#14 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Troop

In your case that is ping, same in my case. I can be leading the target at the sweet spot and see the hits on the plane in front of me (probably hitting the wings) and it doesn't kill the plane. Or I am aiming in the sweet spot and nothing even sparks of the plane. It's an old game.

Let's not do that. If you think someone is hacking put up a PTW in here or (preferably) reg forums . Let's not go and tarnish peoples names by 'voting' if they are hacking or not. This stuff will only be gossipping and will let players believe the person that is voted on be regarded as a hacker. This will drive people of off the server. Sometimes people just have to get the fact that some players are playing the game for years and years, they get skill and presight in where people are going and will be on the map. If you play a single map hundreds of times thing get predictable. In that case people often think somebody is hacking. The game is old, shit happens and luck happens.

The End.

Do it quietly if you wish, I also think give names is not best way. But do look into it, I can count at least a handful of pilots that think alike I do about that member and at some point choose to leave or will.

And is not a ping issue.

#15 Moving Target

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Recent example. Sunday we were playing a secret weapons map. Axis had a pilot who knew exactly where people were, even in really obscure parts of the map. Enough people collaborated this fact on Allied. I hopped into the forums and put a note in asking for an admin to come in and watch.

Shortly after a pilot was kicked for using maphacks, but not the one we assumed was hacking. Admins put them on a watchlist and mentioned they didn't have enough evidence.

So your situation might have been different, but I know for sure one time admins did their due diligence in trying to figure things out.

#16 dodgem

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

A few things for all to note before I close this thread (I think it's served its purpose):

1. Mav, it will be sad to see you leave. I hope you've read the first few responses above and I hope you reconsider and take the advice given on board.

2. There is no such thing as a "pilot's invincibility hack". Heck, there's no such thing as an invincibility hack in BF1942 full stop. Any lack of damage to another plane when you think you're hitting it is down to ping/latency. I don't fly a lot but I have started flying a little more than I used to. IMO, flying in BF1942 is one of the hardest things to compensate for when you have a high ping. In infantry battles you may have the element of surprise as well as an ability to use your ping to the enemy's disadvantage ("dodging" bullets) but dogfights aren't like that.

3. Please report any suspicious players to admins here on the forums or in Teamspeak.

4. Moon has not and never will ban a player on another player's sayso. This means that you almost certainly won't see hacking bans immediately after you report them. We pride ourselves on this fact and it's actually quite disheartening to see players complain that "so and so hasn't been banned yet even though I told you about him last week". As mentioned above, many of you would have been banned by now if we banned on request.

See you all in game! Enjoy yourselves....you know, this game can actually be fun! ;)

• HARRY TRIGGER likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com