Photo

Lets gather the troops...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

Lets decide when to host a DOD:S night of game play, something planned so we get a larger than normal turn out. Once we decide on a date we can spread the word throughout the community making sure those who have recently purchased the game get some quality play in. If our numbers are up we may draw in some new players to MoonGamers DoD:S.

What day/time?

Comments...

If you want to donate to the server feel free to, just make sure to mention it's for DoD:S via another donation button.

Thanks.

"Point Secure"...

#2 Fuel §

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

weekend...doesnt really matter day or time. but on a weekend

week is too busy for me to really play any games

#3 Catfish

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

I'm in, the only time I wouldn't be able to play is tomorrow (Friday 2/8)...well I could but not til later (after 10 PM CST).

#4 ®ev

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

It all depends on what's happening...I don't really have a specific "free" day

#5 Hartley

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

:withstup:

#6 Langley

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

As much as I would like Friday night, lets avoid that so we don't compete with our CS:S brothers and their map night. Many of our players play both games and I know a certain Texan who would be disappointed missing out ;).

#7 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:57 PM

I know we have had some very good games on Sunday evenings, but that can conflict with Core/WebDev/Admin meetings and such. I'm fine any night of the week, but would prefer not Monday. Tuesday-Thursday are good. Of course, weekend days are fine, but might draw less people.

#8 Quetzalcoatl

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

I'm good any weekend except this one (10th, 11th)

Perhaps a Saturday?

#9 Tim

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

I'm good any weekend except this one (10th, 11th)

Perhaps a Saturday?

I like a Saturday.. sounds good

#10 ®ev

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

I meant that I couldn't really give a specific day as a suggestion because I don't have a specific day that I can say that I'll definately be able to play. :wasnt-me: :P

#11 pest control

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:16 PM

I would be around during weekday late evenings

#12 Comet

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:08 PM

Personally I prefer not to infringe on other servers that hold events Fridays and Saturdays. Scheduling a Saturday is possible as long as we book well in advance and work around the calendar events...that means later in the evening usually.

I was kinda hoping we could choose a regular day/time to gather on a consistent basis, maybe break up the week by playing on a week night.

How about we all try and get in some game time this upcoming week and we can schedule for Feb 17th 9 pm EST (after the events).

Well, it's short notice but for those who can make it tomorrow night I'll be on.

"Point Secure"

#13 Catfish

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

Personally I prefer not to infringe on other servers that hold events Fridays and Saturdays. Scheduling a Saturday is possible as long as we book well in advance and work around the calendar events...that means later in the evening usually.

I was kinda hoping we could choose a regular day/time to gather on a consistent basis, maybe break up the week by playing on a week night.

How about we all try and get in some game time this upcoming week and we can schedule for Feb 17th 9 pm EST (after the events).

Well, it's short notice but for those who can make it tomorrow night I'll be on.

"Point Secure"

If we are proposing a regular night to play, I suggest Monday. It'd be something to look forward to.

#14 Hartley

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

"Point Secure"

If we are proposing a regular night to play, I suggest Monday. It'd be something to look forward to.

Yes.

Saturday would interfere with BF42. I wouldnt miss mod night for DoD:S

#15 WTBass

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:17 PM

Guess I'm going to have to get DOD...hope I have money left for the D-vorce! :)

#16 Striker

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:28 AM

you know conflicts will come up, just pick a day! saturdays are better than most for me. Even if it conflicts it doesn't mean one server will lose a whole population for the same night... thats ridiculous to even think that.

You want player pop to go up?

plan a day, and stick to it. conflicts or not.

#17 Hartley

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Here's the thing...

There are a lot of DoD servers out there. We have one of them. We only have so many players, and when comes 10PM EST on weekdays or midnight EST, the server empties, since everyone has to go to work, go to school, or is tired. We dont have enough players from enough time zones to play. If we had a bunch of Euros to keep the server seeded when Americans are at work, we'd be fine. But as it turns out, we dont.

#18 Why Two Kay

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:31 PM

Here's the thing...

There are a lot of DoD servers out there. We have one of them. We only have so many players, and when comes 10PM EST on weekdays or midnight EST, the server empties, since everyone has to go to work, go to school, or is tired. We dont have enough players from enough time zones to play. If we had a bunch of Euros to keep the server seeded when Americans are at work, we'd be fine. But as it turns out, we dont.

In the Source engine "ping is king" (to quote Lin). Having a high ping over 100 usually gives a player quite a disadvantage, and they will play on a server closer to them. Gaving a server in Texas makes all USA players happy, but people in Euroland usually ping 100-120. People like Mushu will play here because it's Moon, but most regular gamers will just find a server close to them and stick with it.

#19 Tim

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Should we get a poll up soon of several different times to choose from?

#20 Comet

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

My comment about not infringing on other servers didn't mean the whole population of a server would be lost due to a conflicting day/time slot. It does mean some may leave one server for another, that is not a ridiculous statement in my opinion. Nor do I want them to, a player shouldn't be put in a position where by they have to make a choice. This is the reason why I steered clear of weekends due to so many events and meetings being scheduled on those days.

Regardless it is clear Saturday is the best day to showcase, if you will, our DoD:S server. Therefore as per Striker's suggestion I'm going to make a suggestion and pick next Saturday Feb 17th 9:00 pm EST

The original intent was to basically open our communities eyes to DoD:S by gathering as many players as possible on one given night...lets do just that and go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com