Photo

Day of Defeat MOTD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

Give you guys an idea of what's going on.

http://www.moongamer...motd/rules.html

If you want to see it in action, open textpad, copy and paste this and save as motd.txt. Put in in your \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\maddogmayhem\day of defeat source\dod folder then create a local server.
<html>
<frameset rows="100%" frameborder="No" border=-"0" framespacing="0">
<frame name="main_frame" src="http://www.moongamers.com/dod_motd/rules.html">
</frameset>
</html>

#2 Catfish

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

very cool.

#3 Why Two Kay

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

Good job!

The header image might be a bit too tall vertically though, since most people gloss over the MOTD and the rules should be the #1 thing visible on the page.

#4 Comet

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

That is look'in hot!

#5 Noir

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

Thats hot langley, my only worries is it's long and people dont always take the time to fully read when their going into game

I'd shorten what u could a bit

# Do not be a hindrance to your teammates (Don't shoot them in the head, Don't purposely block doorways, Don't be a smacktard, etc.)
# Do not spawn/team nade on purpose. (aka do not sit in spawn constantly throwing nades for no reason.

--FF is off so u cant hurt teammates, so u can scrape that one

-edit to dont block and be a smacktard

Do not hide in cabinets / furniture.
Do not boost to places where you can see parts of buildings/objects missing due to missing textures or places where you can shoot people but there is no way for them to shoot back. Other places are fine to boost to.

-can be combined just say dont glitch into sceney or places outside the map

-Do not type absolutely everything in caps, its considered annoying and rude, every once in a while is fine for things that make sense.

-we can warn, but thats not super nessary for they to know off the get go, just be leanit on warnings

# [Admin] indicates an administrator, do not place in your name
# Do not impersonate an admin.

-those can be combined

if you combine and shorten it then, there's no need for scrolling and all the important stuff is seen, short and sweet and they can complain about not reading it cuz it was too long or anything like that

Dont get me wrong or anything langley, it's totally awesome you've got everything down to even it looking like it's on old paper, just throwing out some suggestions thats all :D

#6 Comet

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

Lets face it, most skip the read on the way in. It is usually after the fact (kick, ban etc) that they go back to see what was written.

List the rules and be done with it in my opinion, having the rules posted is the main concern.

By the way is this not the same motd as CS:S

#7 Why Two Kay

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

List the rules and be done with it in my opinion, having the rules posted is the main concern.

Right. Make it short and sweet. We can gloss over the things like teamkilling and flashes (since they aren't even in DoD)

Oh, just thought of it. You can't nade spam in spawn, since you only get 1 (or 2)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com