Photo

Coming soon... IP Address Change

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Highway Man

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

BF1942 will be moving to the east coast so there will be some ping changes. However, this time we will be on SSD which should result in a smoother game.

Where was it before?

Dallas Texas

Oh wow!  I'm just north of Houston!

#22 Renlist

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:08 AM

Server must not have been changed yet, even tho the server was down for awhile.  

#23 Grassy

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

Server must not have been changed yet, even tho the server was down for awhile.  

I played all day today on SW and RTR when did you try to login?

#24 Colonel Tavington

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:16 AM

formerly the, "Don't you forget about me" Server.

And you were wondering what Jim Kerr was doing these days...

#25 Lin

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

The box should be ready by about Wednesday or Thursday, then our IT genius has to do his work to it before we can load in the game. No information on IPs yet.

You'll know more when I know more. ;)

#26 Renlist

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

iS aN eAST cOASt bAsED sErveR  NeAReR tO tHeE  thAN tEXaS?  

#27 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

iS aN eAST cOASt bAsED sErveR  NeAReR tO tHeE  thAN tEXaS?  

iT iS NeArEr tO hErE.

• coffeeassassin likes this

#28 Lin

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

The server is not ready yet, but the new IP is: 162.210.196.6

• posi and coffeeassassin like this

#29 posi

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

To check your new ping...   

• Hold the Windows Key Down and Press R
  • Type CMD and hit enter
  • Copy and Paste the text between brackets into the Dos Window --->|   ping 162.210.196.6   |<---
  • Paste this command with I.P. to track the hops to server  --->|   tracert 162.210.196.6   |<---

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#30 Renlist

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

So,  bascially, screw everyone west of the east coast so the owner can get himself better pings?  An east coast biased server now?   

• Highway Man likes this

#31 posi

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

• Grassy and Par Shooter like this

#32 Twilight

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

So,  bascially, screw everyone west of the east coast so the owner can get himself better pings?  An east coast biased server now?   

Renlist, I'm almost proud of you for complaining about something kind of relevant with what your and others of the west US' latency will end up. However - the owners don't still play 1942, so calm thine tits. This isn't being done for reasons so shallow, and the hopes are with a return to the east coast it'll have more amenity to players in the EU. For some reason the second world war seems more significant to them, and there are more of them left playing the game. Yes, your ping shall increase, as will mine. Bond's will, Spare's will, Pinchy's, Posi's, and I could name others. What I can recommend for you is to start your practice at tanking, or learning to fly, as both these skillsets definitely help out when you're farther away from a server.

Just keep in mind that many of us proficient in these fields have a thing for killing persons who always seem to complain as their trademark. Getting known as the guy that always cracks a comment may end with some extra, pretty unwanted attention. As a matter of past history, Moon had also been in Virginia decently before I'd arrived here in 2007. For now it's just returning some of it's servers toward there, who knows if that'll even be forever. But I'd advocated putting them in Europe myself - so perhaps count our side of the continent as rather lucky that hasn't come to take place.

• Christine1 likes this

#33 Lin

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

Renlist. I am one of the founders and the only one left who takes care of 1942.

I live on the WEST coast, one hour from the beach.

I won't hold my breath for your apology.

• Christine1 likes this

#34 Lin

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Renlist, I'm almost proud of you for complaining about something kind of relevant with what your and others of the west US' latency will end up. However - the owners don't still play 1942, so calm thine tits. This isn't being done for reasons so shallow, and the hopes are with a return to the east coast it'll have more amenity to players in the EU. For some reason the second world war seems more significant to them, and there are more of them left playing the game. Yes, your ping shall increase, as will mine. Bond's will, Spare's will, Pinchy's, Posi's, and I could name others. What I can recommend for you is to start your practice at tanking, or learning to fly, as both these skillsets definitely help out when you're farther away from a server.

Just keep in mind that many of us proficient in these fields have a thing for killing persons who always seem to complain as their trademark. Getting known as the guy that always cracks a comment may end with some extra, pretty unwanted attention. As a matter of past history, Moon had also been in Virginia decently before I'd arrived here in 2007. For now it's just returning some of it's servers toward there, who knows if that'll even be forever. But I'd advocated putting them in Europe myself - so perhaps count our side of the continent as rather lucky that hasn't come to take place.

Many European players have proven many times that you don't need to hide in equipment to play this game with a higher ping. Remember CrazyMachine? Ping of between 130 and 150? Used to own as infantry. Several of our old compadres from Bugs would come over and do the same, while whiny Americans with a 40 ping would bitch incessantly about not having the server in their back pocket. And that was back in the days when internet speeds and latency were a lot more to contend with.

Playing from the west coast still will not be the same as playing from Europe. You simply have to take some time to get used to the new gameplay and stage your shots appropriately. The skillsets you need are the maturity and thought it will take to adapt your gameplay. Those with ping worse than yours (think 100+) will be the ones who will "need" time in equipment more.

In any case, we will be endeavoring to make sure that equipment is equally shared among players more than before, so seeing any one player in the same boat, tank or plane for the majority of a round will not be happening with the frequency that you may be used to seeing.

• Par Shooter and Highway Man like this

#35 Twilight

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

Also keep in mind you don't really need to "hide" in equipment whatever your latency. Using it to forwardly attack, and engage in the battles is what creates the greatest fun and variable situations imaginable. Standing back and being defensive too much is the poor man's game. :)

• mistamontiel likes this

#36 Grassy

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

Forgive me if I am mistaken.   I believe one of the other founders lives at the halfway point between Dallas and Washington D.C.  So that may not be an accurate statement Ren.  I live on the Mississippi Coast, I would gladly welcome a higher ping for a more stable game.  Mine will probably increase about 25 ms or more...I will just lead abit more when using an MG against a plane or using flak.

on another note so calm thine tits. is probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard Twilight..lol   hahahha  

#37 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

What is this ping you all speak of?

And is ping the prefix to pong?

In all seriousness I never let the size of my ping get in the way of my skill sets of dying a lot.  :)

• Lin, Grassy and Highway Man like this

#38 Highway Man

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Y'all please hurry up, im having Moongamers withdrawal!! :drunk: :crazy1: :crazy1:

• Par Shooter likes this

#39 dashi

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

Serious question here, because I are a ignorant (among other bad habits which shall go unremarked upon) and not a YFG post.

I always pictured setting up a server as not much more than "load the CDs and click Multiplay | Create game | Start internet." Obviously there's a lot more to it than that and I was just curious (see "I are a ignorant" above) as to what was involved -- assuming that spilling the beans doesn't reveal the secret sauce (pls forgive the mixed metaphor, I'm late for lunch  ;-)

#40 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Serious question here, because I are a ignorant (among other bad habits which shall go unremarked upon) and not a YFG post.

I always pictured setting up a server as not much more than "load the CDs and click Multiplay | Create game | Start internet." Obviously there's a lot more to it than that and I was just curious (see "I are a ignorant" above) as to what was involved -- assuming that spilling the beans doesn't reveal the secret sauce (pls forgive the mixed metaphor, I'm late for lunch  ;-)

It's easier explained in teamspeak ;)

• Christine1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com