Regarding the difficulty of AI.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MindGames

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

[Deleted, found the wonders of using a tank.]

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

I am not opposed to changing difficulty. The evolution of the server is part of the custom difficulty. The AI is lowered from the defaults, but missions have been customized with AI counts, vehicles, etc. Many people wanted more armor for themselves (MG trader + Ultra trader). When players get Armor, they then started running over the missions easier, so we had to turn the missions up with similar vehicles. The missions also drop a good number or rockets. With the rockets and the Armor missions should be conquerable. Also the extreme and hard missions are not designed for a single player to hit and beat the mission. It does happen though. 

What were your thoughts? 

• MindGames likes this

#3 Lin

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

Were the missions geared up to produce the explosive packs again? they have been showing up lately...

#4 MindGames

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

I am not opposed to changing difficulty. The evolution of the server is part of the custom difficulty. The AI is lowered from the defaults, but missions have been customized with AI counts, vehicles, etc. Many people wanted more armor for themselves (MG trader + Ultra trader). When players get Armor, they then started running over the missions easier, so we had to turn the missions up with similar vehicles. The missions also drop a good number or rockets. With the rockets and the Armor missions should be conquerable. Also the extreme and hard missions are not designed for a single player to hit and beat the mission. It does happen though. 

What were your thoughts? 

Well, I didn't mean to garner or spark any type of discussion from the original body of text that I had before editing my initial post. It was fueled with rage from a few events that ultimately led me to create a post about something that happens to be a minor issue but an annoying one. I also didn't mean to come off as if I were advocating for anyone or speaking for others. 

I'll organize my thoughts and attempt to explain what I was saying below.

AI Issues I have experienced myself (Not advocating or speaking for others)

Roaming AI:

• Accuracy seems to be top notch with these guys, they tend to garner head-shots through bush's and shrubs without being seen.
  • UAZ AI when initially engaged have incredible accuracy as soon as they dismount the vehicle, I've been killed several times by an AI that dismounted and immediately fired in my direction killing me.
  • Majority of the AI that spawn do not output radio-static and have a tendency to spawn directly in front of your character within 5 meters from you.
  • AI can see and shoot through shrubbery or obstacles that a player cannot see or shoot through
  • They spawn at a very high frequency

Mission AI:

• Understandably due to the armor and militarized vehicles being added I can relate to these AI being more precise and intelligent, I haven't had any major issues beside engagement distance with the M2, 1200 meters and they shoot pretty accurate with iron-sights on their M2s >.>

Kill City AI

• Pesky buggers phase through walls, not a real issue because the mission is still doable, but I've had issues where the box spawned without loot.

I've heard Sarge's roaming AI was a resource hog and I am in no place to recommend the replacement with the current roaming AI, but so far those are my thoughts.

And since I'm typing a wall of text I may as well throw on that I haven't really felt like I was surviving on this server since walking zombies were implemented lol, maybe turn down roaming AI and ramp up zombies! 

Anyway that's all I have now that I'm calmed down on the matter, having a Abrams tank to do missions with really let off some steam and it allowed me to see the balances that were implemented so that it would remain a challenging server with rewards. I can see all the effort and I enjoy everything you do for it, absolutely phenomenal work being done and I wouldn't be mad at all if nothing changed because I'm here for the friends and the experience :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com