Photo

Teamspeak problem with Voice Activation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Santano

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

So, the first thing someone will say is "Use push to talk," so let me just say I do, but its more convient to use voice activation because when I am flying (push to talk on the mouse) I can't press it to tell my gunner where they are.

So, let me list off what's happening and a few of the things I have tried.

Firstly, when I go to activate voice activated it immedetly turns my light on, as if I am transmitting, and will not turn off. I have tried making the volume as low as possible in teamspeak and also in the control panel. No luck, the light still remains on.

I also looked around a little on moongamers and on teamspeaks site, and I really couldnt find anything that pertains to my issue, but I tried a few things that sounded simular. Again push to talk works fine for talking and (from what I hear) doesnt feedback or anything

I have also checked connections and downloaded teamspeak again and no luck

I use onboard sound (Realtek AC97 Audio, on a Gigabyte nForce 3 mobo)

Please, please, PLEASE if anyone has any clue about what might be causing this let me know, it would be much apprecated.

#2 Mark Parsons

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

Did you check the settings up on the toolbar on TS. Go to sound input/output. Then scroll down to voice activation level and adjust it to the right, towards shout. Fiddle with that and it should turn out fine.

#3 Santano

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

Did you check the settings up on the toolbar on TS. Go to sound input/output. Then scroll down to voice activation level and adjust it to the right, towards shout. Fiddle with that and it should turn out fine.

Tried, and no result.

#4 BrEEd

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

I'm not very good at this sort of thing but here's what I would recommend: One, people always talk about something called "boost" in TeamSpeak. I don't know what it is or does but maybe someone else can elaborate more on it. Second, what kind of microphone is it? If it's kind of old it might just be worn out, you may need to invest in a new headset.

#5 Santano

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

I'm not very good at this sort of thing but here's what I would recommend: One, people always talk about something called "boost" in TeamSpeak. I don't know what it is or does but maybe someone else can elaborate more on it. Second, what kind of microphone is it? If it's kind of old it might just be worn out, you may need to invest in a new headset.

New mic, dunno what brand but not a cheap one.

Mic boost is and has been on

#6 Limpnoodle

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:38 AM

Few things because it may sound like you are doing too much.

First off, does your mic still work with push to talk?

If so then make sure the volume is at a level that everyone can hear your clearly.

When that is done go into the options again and click the voice activation screen, there should also be a sensitivity selection there. Do not select the most sensitive, just enough that regular talking will pick it up (Not breathing, kids in the background, neighbors fighting). Then try to test it and see if anyone can hear you.

If they cant, switch back to push to talk and see if they can. If they can still hear you with push to talk:

Reinstall, rinse, and repeat.

#7 Santano

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:15 AM

Few things because it may sound like you are doing too much.

First off, does your mic still work with push to talk?

If so then make sure the volume is at a level that everyone can hear your clearly.

When that is done go into the options again and click the voice activation screen, there should also be a sensitivity selection there. Do not select the most sensitive, just enough that regular talking will pick it up (Not breathing, kids in the background, neighbors fighting). Then try to test it and see if anyone can hear you.

If they cant, switch back to push to talk and see if they can. If they can still hear you with push to talk:

Reinstall, rinse, and repeat.

Done, but it still wont work. Also when I do have voice activation on it picks up my game volume constantally(which I find odd since I have a headset and dont keep the volume that loud)

#8 Limpnoodle

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

Do people hear you when you use push to talk? Do they hear in-game sounds with push to talk when the button is pushed? I might as well stop by your house to fix this...... would save alot of time :P

Edited by Limpnoodle, 22 March 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#9 Santano

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

Do people hear you when you use push to talk? Do they hear in-game sounds with push to talk when the button is pushed? I might as well stop by your house to fix this...... would save alot of time :P

Im not sure about this.

I am about to go get lunch/Dinner (Cheeseburgers) for my birthday dinner then I will log onto Teamspeak do some testing

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com