Photo

have request for arma 3 exil server wearher

weather

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Bones

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

can the weather settings on arma 3 exile server please be changed.  please it doesn't have to me monsoon season   (raining) all the time.  can the rain be turned down some?

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

/*
   You can define multiple "keyframes" for the weather to change. The server will pick
   a keyframe randomly to simulate the weather. It will change the weather-keyframes
   based on the following interval
  */

interval = 60;

/*
   Add the keyframes here. The server will pick one random, so if you want one
   weather type of be more dominant compared to others, add it multiple times
  */

keyframes[] = {"Sunny","Thunderstorm","Sunny", "Cloudy", "Sunny","Sunny","Sunny","Sunny","Thunderstorm","Sunny","Sunny","Sunny"};

-----------------------------------

Above the current server settings for weather. I currently have only a 16% chance it will thunderstorm and 8% it will be just cloudy. I would prefer to keep the ability for weather to change to raining to change the difficulty for missions and the view distances to make people have to get closer to missions. 

However, I can lower the interval so weather can change say every 30 min. So you only have to endure the rain for 30 min instead of 1 hr. I originally did this to save performance on the server due to changing weather. 

#3 Dr Bones

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

where do i type this keyframe command   in chat i have not heard of this

#4 CrDraggin

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

you can't type anything or change the weather. This is the server settings for weather. 

#5 50Cal

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

I think we should try 8%, I see whats going on in the code above, but it seems like it rains more than 16%, I'm sure due to the rain, wind, and lightning and thunder being SO loud in the game and lasting what seems like an hour or longer.  I also like the idea of 30 minuntes vs 60 minutes.  Also Craig we were talking last night and my alzheimers kicking in, I finally remembered what I wanted you to change is the territory protection time from 3 months to 3 weeks.  I'm seeing a lot of bases that no longer have players still around. 

Thanks,

#6 CrDraggin

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

It has been changed. It is a 16% chance when choosing weather. Then weather would last for 1 hr on the server. I changed it lower and also lowered the interval to allow 16 weather changes (every 15 min). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com