Photo

Logitech 3D Extreme Joystick with 1942

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kanine Krunchie

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

The joystick only works with the game with the included profiler, which doesn't give you the same level of smooth control if I could just use the in game controls to register the joystick.

Does anyone use this stick with the profiler and if so, what settings do you use as far as sensitivity, dead zone, and range go?

I'm probably going to install Windows XP for 2 reasons...to stop the crashing, and so I can edit the air controls in-game.

#2 Lin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

I use it and I have never needed to use the profiler...just an extra piece of software running...although you may be wanting to tweak settings that I don't mess with. DO save your sales receipt as the centering spring weakens and you will "lose" the centering of the joystick after a while; Logitech knows this and as long as you save your sales receipt you can send it in for a replacement, one time. You can recalibrate it a few times before the centering goes completely wonky.

#3 Kanine Krunchie

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

Well, again, I don't want to use the profiler but apparently that's the only way for it to work with 1942 on Windows 7. That's why I want to get Windows XP.

I might even return it and get a different joystick anyway.

#4 Lin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

Ah, I see...I don't run Win7, I'm on XP. I have been buying this same joystick for years, I do like it, it's just that I'm very aware of the spring issue. I use mine a lot more when I play than you likely will, since you'll be using it primarily for flying. It should last you a lot longer than it lasts for me since I use it for much more than flying.

#5 MaYoRofSMACK

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I've used this Joystick for years (I used to use the cordless version but found the problem that Lin mentions above would happen every few months, so I ended up getting a standard one after about the sixth time & its been great ever since - Must be a good few years old now the one I'm using)

As for it working with Windows7 (I have no idea what this 'profiler' thing is you're on about by the way) I run Windows7 64-bit & I just plugged the stick in, launched BF, up for up, down for down etc... And hey-presto, away I went.

#6 Alvin Tostig

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

I have the same joystick here and I just plug and play. I'm on win 7 x64

#7 no guts no glory

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

i should buy one

#8 dodgem

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

It should last you a lot longer than it lasts for me since I use it for much more than flying.

O really..... :huh:
  • Captain John H. Miller likes this

#9 Kanine Krunchie

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

I have the same joystick here and I just plug and play. I'm on win 7 x64

Damn, what's wrong with mine then? I'm on Windows 7x64 as well...

#10 Kanine Krunchie

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

I figured out the problem! I just had to unplug my Xbox 360 controller, and the joystick gets recognized in-game! :D

Edited by Kanine Krunchie, 25 January 2011 - 12:21 AM.

#11 RockyTop

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

I figured out the problem! I just had to unplug my Xbox 360 controller, and the joystick gets recognized in-game! :D

Woot!

#12 Kanine Krunchie

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

Woot!

i kno rite

now we can dogfight with each other properly. I can't remember what you said; do you use the twist function of the joystick to control the left/right rudders? Or just use the A/D keys?

have a gud dai @ skool 2day

#13 Alvin Tostig

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

i still use the AD and the w (or s) for the engines. all of the other keys are mapped to the joystick. (camera and map views / weapon fire). but you'll have to play around with your personal preferences.

#14 RockyTop

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

I still use A and D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com