Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

So i just got a new laptop

Gateway
Windows 7 home, 64 bit
Intel Core i5-2430M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
4 gb Memory
17.3" screen

I bought bf1942 and it runs fine, installed patches 1.6, 1.6b and punkbuster update from tankpanzer, but i still have two problems

1st prob: BF1942 crashes sometimes, giving me "bf1942.eve has stopped working" I opened properties on the bf1942 files and clicked to run it in compatibility mode for windows XP (i don't know if it actually does this when i run the game). It still crashes after a while though. and apparently the XP mode download is not compatible with my computer.

2nd prob: I can't seem to make the bf game fit my screen (1600x900 resolution) i tried going in the file and renaming it to the resolution i want, but to no avail. The in game video settings don't work either. I just can't figure out how to make it fit the whole screen.

Can you guys help me otu?

#2 Monkey

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

If you are trying to fit the game to the screen there are several write-ups somewhere. I will try to find them after this posts.

As for the crashing issues thats Windows7/Vista. The only real fix I have ever found and works most of the time is to actually run the game in a window. It will still crash but not nearly as often.

To change this you must go into your files and change the video default.con file.

this is located in ........EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

you may be able to get a few more things resolution wise to show up if you change the show all resolutions but this can cause your monitor to go into sleep mode if you set to the wrong setting.

renderer.setFullScreen 0 This is a toggle 1 = on 0 = off
renderer.fieldOfView 1 This can be changed to stop the "stretch" from running the game in the not native widescreen
renderer.globalLodRadius 1 do not change
renderer.globalLodRadiusScaleFactor 5 do not change
console.showStats 0 This shows stats of your machine not in game things. you can toggle this on but it will get in the way of gameplay
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 This is a toggle 1 = on 0 = off

#3 toast7887

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

If you are trying to fit the game to the screen there are several write-ups somewhere. I will try to find them after this posts.

As for the crashing issues thats Windows7/Vista. The only real fix I have ever found and works most of the time is to actually run the game in a window. It will still crash but not nearly as often.

To change this you must go into your files and change the video default.con file.

this is located in ........EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

you may be able to get a few more things resolution wise to show up if you change the show all resolutions but this can cause your monitor to go into sleep mode if you set to the wrong setting.

renderer.setFullScreen 0 This is a toggle 1 = on 0 = off
renderer.fieldOfView 1 This can be changed to stop the "stretch" from running the game in the not native widescreen
renderer.globalLodRadius 1 do not change
renderer.globalLodRadiusScaleFactor 5 do not change
console.showStats 0 This shows stats of your machine not in game things. you can toggle this on but it will get in the way of gameplay
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 This is a toggle 1 = on 0 = off

cool thanks

#4 DerRaucher

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

This Link could help you Click me

#5 Wasabi®

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

So i just got a new laptop

Gateway
Windows 7 home, 64 bit
Intel Core i5-2430M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
4 gb Memory
17.3" screen

I bought bf1942 and it runs fine, installed patches 1.6, 1.6b and punkbuster update from tankpanzer, but i still have two problems

1st prob: BF1942 crashes sometimes, giving me "bf1942.eve has stopped working" I opened properties on the bf1942 files and clicked to run it in compatibility mode for windows XP (i don't know if it actually does this when i run the game). It still crashes after a while though. and apparently the XP mode download is not compatible with my computer.

2nd prob: I can't seem to make the bf game fit my screen (1600x900 resolution) i tried going in the file and renaming it to the resolution i want, but to no avail. The in game video settings don't work either. I just can't figure out how to make it fit the whole screen.

Can you guys help me otu?

1) It's just Windows 7. Mine does the same once in a while. Use XP mode and run as admin.

2) Do what Monkey said, and make sure you set the .con files to "read-only" (right click-properties) so that the game will not overwrite them with default settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com