Photo

BF2 Black screen, then crash to desktop on startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kkookie

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

had this problem before, but cannot remember how to fix it. My friend is getting this. He just reinstalled and patched his bf2. we've tried reinstalling, and a few of the tips from googled sites (like changing the default videores setting). any suggestions?

#2 Livestrong

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

had this problem before, but cannot remember how to fix it. My friend is getting this. He just reinstalled and patched his bf2. we've tried reinstalling, and a few of the tips from googled sites (like changing the default videores setting). any suggestions?

It has something to do with the resolution settings. I know when I bought a new monitor(higher resolution), BF2 would crash. What I did was hooked my old monitor back up, launched BF2 and then set the resolution low then hooked the new one back up and then BF2 didn't crash. Of course you will need to max out you resolution for the new monitor once you are able too. Dunno if this helps, but it sounds similar to the problem I experienced.
:ph34r:

p.s. You might be able to adjust the resolution settings in your BF2 ini file without having to do what I did.

#3 spookyload

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

XP or Vista?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com