Photo

Best 19" LCD Monitor for Gaming

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

I want to buy an LCD monitor that is good for gaming. I am one picky bastage so I want the best one I can get between $500 and $750. So, which one should I get and why?

#2 DeadlyDon

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

I'd say a lot has to do with your personal tastes. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on color and some LCD's display color "warmer" than others. I'd say you need to test drive as many models as you can. I would however recommend looking at 6-bit monitors instead of the 8-bit ones. The 6-bit displays typical offer higher refresh rates than the 8-bit models. The 6-bit models display "fewer" colors than the 8-bit models but most people cannot tell the difference. It only seems to be visible to people who do graphic work for a living(computer artists, marketing people, video editors, etc). Gamers wouldn't notice the missing colors. I have a BenQ 19" LCD 6-bit panel. I love it for gaming. I do get a very slight amount of shearing since my display is a 16ms refresh display.
If I were looking now I would look at the best 8ms LCD I could afford. I tried a 19" Sony LCD before I got the BenQ. The colors were amazing and it was extremely sharp. Unfortunately, it was a 25ms refresh rate which killed any 3D gaming.

#3 Linux

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:05 PM

For the past two years, Best Buy, on its annual "Black Friday" sale has had 19" monitors for extremely cheap.

I recieved this monitor for Christmas last year, after having been purchased for only $199 (with rebates and such), a cut of $130 from the current price. While this may not be the highest quality monitor at the current time, I would reccomend you wait 2 and a half months til November 25th, and see what sales you can get at that time.

**NOTE: I am a thrifty shopper, not a picky shopper.**

#4 Latthen

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:11 PM

I have a Sony 19" flat screen and really enjoy it. My only complaint about it is the stand. I do not like the way it sits or how it adjust.

Model number if you wanna look it up or go check it out at best buy: SDM-HS95P

#5 Comet

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

My Acer 17" 8ms LCD is awesome and it was only $299 CDN. I'm sure they make a 19" model, I would look into it. Jack-off, you might not have to spend the kind of money you think. ;)

#6 Jack

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

Money is not an issues here. I want to get the best monitor I can get. I don't want to see any lag, period. I have been looking at the ViewSonic VP191 and the VX924. I read about Samsung's 173P and a bunch of others. I am just curious if any of the Mooners have these. If not, I am open to suugestions (thanks DD -> I will look into the Benq because I know and don't like the Sony).

#7 Jack

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:25 PM

My Acer 17" 8ms LCD is awesome and it was only $299 CDN. I'm sure they make a 19" model, I would look into it. Jack-off, you might not have to spend the kind of money you think. ;)

I don't know there Bi-focal Dan. Do you Ray Charles give your monitor the thumbs up? :pokey:

Love ya :-D , in a buddy kind of way :cool1:

#8 adinar

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

Hyundai L90D+ has gotten some excellent reviews.

#9 sapien

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

Check out the Apple Cinema Displays, they use the highest quality LCD's and are beautiful to look at artistically. I don't know what the response time is but my Father has one and it does fine for his Mac gaming and will run on my XP machine (I borrowed it to diagnose a DVI prob). They are on the Very high end with the smallest being the 20" @ $799. I would suggest that IF you have to have the most elite monitor. If not the Hyundai L90D+ is an excellent choice. I also bought a Fuji Plus FP988D for wife's machine that has never ghosted, has no bad pixels that cost $250. It took a while to get the color right but the lack of bad pixels and not a ghost to be seen made the $80 savings worth it.

sapien

#10 WEEBLES

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:34 AM

Here is my newest monitor. I play BF1942, Halo, BF2 and other games without any problems so far.

Although you want to make sure your video card can also handle the games as well as have digital input but thats something for another thread.

ViewSonic's 19" VX924 LCD delivers XTREME PERFORMANCE WITH ASTOUNDING, INDUSTRY-LEADING 3MS VIDEO RESPONSE TIME for smooth, broadcast-quality, full-motion video.

Viewsonic Monitor

#11 Comet

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:14 AM

I don't know there Bi-focal Dan. Do you Ray Charles give your monitor the thumbs up? :pokey:

Love ya :-D , in a buddy kind of way :cool1:

Come on over and check out the game on it then. Actually, you buy " the best " and I'll come over and check out your monitor. I'll let you know the difference and how much you over spent money bags! ;)

#12 -=lEasyCompanyl=-theone

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

i have a sony 17-in. llcd monitor and its really good
for me i dont think it would really make a difference for my games so i would stay a lot cheaper

#13 Comet

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

ViewSonic's 19" VX924 LCD delivers XTREME PERFORMANCE WITH ASTOUNDING, INDUSTRY-LEADING 3MS VIDEO RESPONSE TIME for smooth, broadcast-quality, full-motion video.

Weebmeister is right, I'd say this is the screen of choice right now. A 3ms response time is hot, only a 550:1 contrast ratio though

Get it in Canada here!

Best price I saw in the US was $375.99...$450.00 CDN. Give me a call once it's set up!

#14 dante

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:59 PM

Dan they do make the 19" acer - I carry coth the 17" and the 19" I sell the 19" for 499. I get to test allot of these and the Acers are the best for the price!

#15 Comet

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

It's been slow at work today...

NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX

PCWorld ranks this #1, of the top ten 19" monitors ranked.

#16 Jack

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

It's been slow at work today...

NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX

PCWorld ranks this #1, of the top ten 19" monitors ranked.

Thanks for all the hints. I checked out all of them. So far, the number one choice is still the ViewSonic VP191b or the VP930b which replaces it. #2 is the Hyundai L90D+. Don't have a #3 yet.

http://www.behardwar...-tn-ips-va.html

http://graphics.toms...0602/index.html

http://graphics.toms...0215/index.html

#17 Comet

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

STFU and just buy one would ya. Give me a buzz, can't wait to test drive it!

#18 Jack

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

STFU and just buy one would ya. Give me a buzz, can't wait to test drive it!

10 4

Chipper Vac is on the case. Viewsonic VP930b is the winner. Thanks Awol for the help and the good price.

#19 Comet

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

:rofl: feel bad for not buying the puter from him? I told him you were in the market, glad you got what you wanted. Let me know when it's hooked up.

#20 Bullet-BS

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2433BW and I play BF1942 on 1900x1200x32bit with zero lag and it friggin ROCKS!!!!
Yes it's a 24" wide screen but it friggin RULES!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com