Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#21 Lin

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:53 PM

We've already done some work to address tanks, and we will do more. The hardest part about modding maps is to remember to do a little at a time, so you can see how one change affects the server. We do not want to eliminate tanks or planes, and we have specifically chosen not to make "secret" changes that you only suspect but cannot prove. Player trust is important to us and we're being very transparent about the changes we are making. 

That being said...there will always be struggle, that is the point of this game. Players will still be tank and plane camped, but we've been adding more ways to strike back and defeat those pieces of equipment. We're adding a lot more jeeps and other transportation. We are strategically placing pick-up packs in places where you might be stuck and need something different to break out of a tight situation. 

Keep the comments coming please, this is really great stuff!

• Stamper likes this

#22 kaiserj

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

What about planes take no damage from churches?

• Rubulator likes this

#23 Highway Man

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:56 PM

Shaddup.
s0202.gif
  • Rubulator likes this

#24 Stamper

Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:59 PM

If my performance tonight was any indication of my opinion on this, well...I second this motion...

• Highway Man likes this

#25 Wasabi®

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:39 AM

Today's Additions:

Stalingrad CTF:

• Jeeps in main bases
  • Decreased nade count to 2

Omaha Beach CQ:

• Extra Allied jeep on the right side of the beach next to the ammo box
  • Straightened Fletcher so it spawns parallel to the beach; moved it a bit away from the beach to increase odds of survival against defguns

• Stamper likes this

#26 Walking Dead

Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Changes are fine and fun, keep up the good work!!!!

• Wasabi®, Rubulator and Stamper like this

#27 Wasabi®

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:22 AM

Today's Additions:

Battle of the Bulge:

• Added a lot of jeeps. 4 per main base, 2 per flag.
  • Bots (4 per side)

This should make this great map a LOT more playable, you will no longer have to rely on getting a tank or artillery to travel across the map. Just hop in a jeep and ride into battle. 

• Rubulator likes this

#28 Dr. Detroit

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:07 AM

Base camping - maybe set a time limit for camping similar to going out of the map border.  Perhaps disabling reloading from ammo boxes in camped bases by the offending tanks ?!?!

I do like the idea of planes not being able to reload .    Keeps Spank from killing me a hundred times :) 

The mods are looking great.  Kudos to the modder(s)   

• Captain John H. Miller, Rubulator and Stamper like this

#29 Stamper

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:44 AM

Base camping - maybe set a time limit for camping similar to going out of the map border.  Perhaps disabling reloading from ammo boxes in camped bases by the offending tanks ?!?!

I do like the idea of planes not being able to reload .    Keeps Spank from killing me a hundred times :)

The mods are looking great.  Kudos to the modder(s)   

You hit the nail on the head with the tanks/ammo boxes comment.  Sort of how the Allied tanks can't use the Axis (vice versa) repair pads in Bocage.  I like it.  Making it annoying enough to accomplish constant camping could slow it down and get those players into the actual field.  I've ditched planes (or...you know...just hit trees...) after they're empty and played ground until killed since these new mods went through.  

• Rubulator likes this

#30 Wasabi®

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:33 AM

Today's additions:

Battle of the Bulge plays more similarly to its stock version now. The location of the bases have been reverted to their original versions.

Battle of the Bulge:

• Reduced jeeps on map. This was due to feedback from today's round, where it was judged the map still favors Axis too much, and it is easy for them to steal flags using the jeeps
  • Removed the modded base at the far left of the map, and restored the original northeast bunker flag with the M10. 
  • Moved the Sherman which was in the far left hand side base to the Allied main.
  • The Windmill no longer spawns a tank for Axis.
Omaha Beach:
  • Allies begin with the beach flag taken and all equipment available to use
  • Axis begin with all equipment available to use

• Stamper likes this

#31 General WarHawk

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

The main thing I enjoy with any mod is finding hidden gems. 

Someone at one point added an engineer's pack to the side of the windmill in Bocage, but I have never been able to position myself correctly to get it.  Even tried standing on a truck, late late at night, and couldn't do it.

Like to see a few things added to Market Garden (since we play that one continuously.) 

1)  The Spawn boat for Red would be cool.  Some people object to that, so maybe have it be a PT boat instead of a Higgins boat. 

2) A few more decent tanks for Red, plus a few more parked trucks. I would put them in the way back, by the barn.  Its hard to get going, when an enemy plane has bombed the tar out of things. 

3)  Return our crappy plane with the 2 bombs, again set further back a bit, so its less of a walk, and not in the way of the tanks coming from the parking lot of the Windmill.  
4)  A special pack or two near the windmill, and also out by the Stone Bridge, and on the walls inside church.  I'd love a mouser or free Zooka. Nothing like getting trapped in church without a zook to play with.

For Caen.   A few more tanks in Blue Base, Red Base, and a couple near the old waterwheel on the left, and put a few strong dingy boats there too.   A sniper pack in the church steeple, and a zook pack inside church.  Every Church should really have a Zooker on the wall.  Bulge, Caen,

Speaking of Bulge,  move the ammo crate from the crappy house where its impossible to get to, and put it inside the church, and maybe one outside.  One in the Bridge House as well.  That map is terrible for finding ammo/meds. 
Bulge:   Add a flag way back on the mountain, with some spare tanks for Red/Blue.   Its a difficult mod, I did it at JIF, but its very fun to mine the hell out of the road.  Often you'll get someone that sits up there the whole game in a Tiger, but its fun to blast them to hell. 

Bocage:   An Ammo pack added to the Barn next to the 1st flag for Red.  There's no ammo to defend that flag. Need it for snipers and you need it to defend the bridge.  Its a royal pain to wait for the APC, that usually gets blown to hell before it arrives.   Another one by the 1st flag AA Gun, would be pleasant as well.   Not sure on that one's placement, as I believe ammo boxes can only go where they can't be bombed.   Since there's no closed space, that may not be doable.  Something I remember from modding, and open areas were off limits to ammo/med boxes, because of the potential to be bombed, and the game would bomb because of it.

Giza  We need this map.   I play it on ATF.   Its fun.  Kinda small, but a ton of fun. 

#32 Stamper

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:33 PM

Bulge:

Add two Mustangs and 109s.   

7 Panzers for Axis in their main, 2 Wespes.  Panzer for each flag gained, at those flags.  NO TIGERS

4 Shermans, 1 Priest and 1 M10 at Allied Main, M10 and Sherman at Outpost.  Priest at church.  One Sherman per flag at gamestart.

Ammo/medkits in church.

#33 Wasabi®

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:07 AM

Today's Additions:

Battle of the Bulge:

• Additional heavy tank at the Allied main base. 
  • M10 tank at northeast base only spawns for Allied
  • Increase Axis main base tank spawn times

Omaha Beach:

• Added 2 bots per team

Bocage:

• Repositioned Bf109s so the one on the left can take off without hitting a tree

• Stamper likes this

#34 Stamper

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

Today's Additions:

Battle of the Bulge:

• Additional heavy tank at the Allied main base. 
  • M10 tank at northeast base only spawns for Allied
  • Increase Axis main base tank spawn times

Omaha Beach:

• Added 2 bots per team

Bocage:

• Repositioned Bf109s so the one on the left can take off without hitting a tree

Thoughts on two additional Shermans for Allies, but with longer spawn times (Omaha)?

#35 Wasabi®

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:54 AM

Today's additions. This is a big one.

*** NEW MAP *** 
Market Garden CTF (MoonGamers Exclusive!)
  • This is a brand new map not available in the stock BF1942 release. It is a completely custom map.
  • The initial version was deployed and play-tested today by a population of ~15 players. I have already made many changes based on gameplay / player feedback (see below)
  • We will be running one or two more test rounds with the map after which hopefully it will become part of the map rotation.
Market Garden CTF - these day 1 changes made today based on gameplay/player feedback from earlier tonight:
  • Removed heavy tanks
  • Moved tanks away from the CTF flag area
  • Zook packs at mains / spawn point bunkers to combat camping
  • Turbo Jeeps / Kettenkrads. Not as powerful as the ones on El Al, but pretty fast.
  • Axis gets Jeeps instead of Kubelwagen to make it fair.
  • Mustang replaced by Spitfire.
Market Garden CQ:
  • Disabled B-17 bomb reload
Bocage CQ:
  • Disabled B-17 bomb reload
Battle of the Bulge:
  • Balancing change: Axis tank spawns adjusted to be 10 seconds faster
  • Balancing change: Windmill will spawn a light tank for Axis if they have the flag.

• Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#36 Capn Cackler

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:51 AM

I see you changed the mustang to a spitfire. Mind hitting me up on the difference between the 2?

#37 Wasabi®

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

I see you changed the mustang to a spitfire. Mind hitting me up on the difference between the 2?

The Mustang climbs and turns better + has a faster top speed compared to the Spitfire. It was replaced by the Spitfire since that is more of an even match for the Bf109, especially on a smaller map where the Bf109 may not have that much time to climb  high (which is where it performs best)

• Capn Cackler likes this

#38 Wasabi®

Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Today's Changes/Additions

Wake CQ:
  • The Carrier will now spawn closer to the Destroyer. 
  • Extra jeep at each flag
  • Spawn a tank for Axis when they take Landing Beach
  • Decreased ship respawn time

Berlin CTF:

• Tanks replaced by fast-spawning jeeps

Kharkov:

• Fixed spawn points in the main bases so the bots don't get stuck as easily

Liberation of Caen:

• Fixed spawn points so the bots don't get stuck as easily

Gothic Line CTF

• Removed Sturmtiger above middle hill to reduce spawn killing
  • Rearranged Allied motorcycle spawns so they are not clustered together, and don't get blown up by one artillery shell
  • Moved one of the Allied Goblins so it faces and takes off to the south

• Christine1 and Capn Cackler like this

#39 Capn Cackler

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:06 AM

Berlin CTF:

Thank you

#40 Wasabi®

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:15 AM

Berlin CTF:

Thank you

No tanks is SO much better. We played a round yesterday, not even a big population - 4v4. Score went up to 4-4 in the first 30 minutes then Axis won 5-4 with 10+ minutes to spare. Action packed

• Capn Cackler likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com