Photo

New Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Divine

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

I currently own a Zotac gtx 660 2GB V-ram. I was wondering if a single or two card solution would be best (as in get another one of my current card). Or would it be better to upgrade to an AMD or Nvidia? I was confused on picking between the R9 280x @ 3GB or the GTX 780 @ 4GB. Or if there is a better cheaper two card solution. I was originally thinking a 280x CFX. I have an i5 4670k with 16GB ram with a Corsair AX760. So I am pretty sure the only bottleneck I would have is the GPU if it isn't updated. I would like to keep the price under $700 that would be really nice. Thank you all and So far I am loving the community :). And it would be nice to have a back up PC/school worksataion if anything bad happened to my new one (knock on wood).

#2 Battl3bird

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

I currently own a Zotac gtx 660 2GB V-ram. I was wondering if a single or two card solution would be best (as in get another one of my current card). Or would it be better to upgrade to an AMD or Nvidia? I was confused on picking between the R9 280x @ 3GB or the GTX 780 @ 4GB. Or if there is a better cheaper two card solution. I was originally thinking a 280x CFX. I have an i5 4670k with 16GB ram with a Corsair AX760. So I am pretty sure the only bottleneck I would have is the GPU if it isn't updated. I would like to keep the price under $700 that would be really nice. Thank you all and So far I am loving the community :). And it would be nice to have a back up PC/school worksataion if anything bad happened to my new one (knock on wood).

Ey divine nice to see you made it to the forum :D
Like i told you in teamspeak earlier right now you can allready play battlefield 4 as your system is allready no doubt about it.
when i upgraded my pc earlier this month i wanted to place 2 GTX 780 in my pc but the guys at that store showed me it would only put a 15% increase for running 2 cards and i said to myself that 15% isnt worth it knowing that 1 card allready runs bf4 with 80 to 100 fps ( seen in beta )

I personally think that you shouldn't bother to much in what you get. and i dont remember who said it but maby another gtx 660 in SLI would do the trick allready.

i myself is more for the Nvidea cards since i've the most experience with them.
but based on what BF4 is made on i would go for the other card.

not that it is a big deal and it shouldn't be a problem but my old motherboard couldn't handle the new PCIe 3.0 bus of my new card and i had to replace that aswell so i hope some of the people here can give you their oppion to what they think.

#3 BOVA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Divine, I like the Nvidia cards myself. But some like the ATI cards.

#4 spookyload

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

PCIe 3.0 is backwards compatible to older PCIe 2.0 motherboards. There is minimal loss from reviews I have seen with current PCIe drivers and current hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com