Photo

Disconnection Issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Muffin Man

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Hello All.

I am having issues and i don't know whats going on. It seems to have been getting worse and worse. Every time now when i get in on a map on the server, i get disconnected only to have to click back in and start over. I cant even finish a round now without getting disconnected 5 to 6 times. I need some help. Talon told me once that someone gave him some fix and he hasn't had an issue yet. Ive done all the pb things. I dont have a clue. My ping is 18-22!? So high ping is out. Oh I might add, the game im playing is BF1942 Moongamers server.

Any clue or suggestions would be very helpful.

Please advise. Thank you guys for reading and any help you can pass my way!

=)

The Muffin.

#2 Section8

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

What system are you running? XP, Vista, 7, 8? Also, I take it you are running the cd version? (just trying to be thorough)

#3 The Muffin Man

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

I am running windows 7 - 64 bit, Intel I7 4800K, ASROCK mother board, 16GB Ram, 2TB Hard drive, XFI-Xtreme THX Gold Surround sound card, with a Geforce GTX 760 4GB video card, 850 watt PS.

Ty Section for the assistance!

The disconnects happen in a varying degree. Last night I played and got disconnected after about 20 mins of gameplay, then I went back on and was able to stay on for over an hour without any disconnect.

Oh and I am running the CD version and have always for years. Now as u may or may not know, I have been playing for years, and after PB support got dropped, I then started to experience a disconnect here and there, but the frequency now is getting worse and worse. I cant make heads or tails on this issue. Ive been messing around with my firewall and cant get anywhere there, then I saw an issue with my C++ Runtime yesterday and did a restart and then the problem seemed to go away as far as not getting disconnected as you earlier read.

FYI I just got disconnected again at 2-8-14 @ 451am EST and 456am EST and im gonna try it again.

Solution?

Muff

#4 Section8

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

The solution I give, originally came from Monkey for my still running Vista but some of this can still be applied to Windows 7.
Right click the short cut, go to properties and the compatibility tab. Make sure you have checked, run as administrator. Also, choose "Service Pack 3" for windows 7,

For vista, I have to choose "Service Pack 2" and turn my "UAC" or User Account Control" off. Unfortunately, this has to do with security but is the only way I have ever been able to run 42 as it seems to mess with PB.

If you already have your system set up as I have suggested, try changing it to "Service Pack 2" as some windows 7 people have had to do this for some unknown reason. I think Hornet was one of them at the time.

If none of this helps, I hope someone else will step in as this is all I can offer at this time but hopefully, it will help.

P.S. MacAfee has been known to cause issues as well so it just dawned on me you may wish to research your virus protection.

#5 8-Man

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Just out of curiosity, who is your ISP?

#6 The Muffin Man

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hello Guys..

Ok..Here is a new twist. Yesterday was Road to Rome..I played yesterday fine without interruption for 5 hours playing. Last night went to log back on to play a few more, and now the disconnects started up again.

Tried again today / this morning 2/24 AT 7AM EST and now I cant be in the game for no more than 30 seconds before getting disconnected.

What gives? I deleted a antivirus program that I thought was the issue today, same result. Went and logged into another server (non moon) and same result. Went and over wrote the PB files (thinking something got corrupted), same result. I am now at a loss. Rut thinks it may be video related. He gave me a program, and for some reason it seemed to work but then after a while (say 8 days or so) the disconnects got worse and now I cant be on for no more than 30 seconds before getting disconnected.

Last run was 655am EST 2/24. Let me know what you guys think. I am perplexed beyond clarity from this point on.

Again, fine yesterday for 5 hours playing. Logged in around 7pmEST and the disconnects began. And today no more than 30 secs on.

LMK if you can. TY! Much appreciated!

Muff

Oh my ISP carrier is Wide Open West - Detroit Michigan

#7 posi

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I am running windows 7 - 64 bit, Intel I7 4800K, ASROCK mother board, 16GB Ram, 2TB Hard drive, XFI-Xtreme THX Gold Surround sound card, with a Geforce GTX 760 4GB video card, 850 watt PS.

Solution?

I'm sure I could fix this if I could just get my hands on your tower. So if you don't mind just shipping it to me for a while.. within a year or two the problem will be sorted. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com