Photo

Battlefield 1942 freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stevis

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hello, a month ago i started playing battlefield 1942 again. But very often my computer freezes for 2-5 seconds whilst playing the game online. I have tried playing it on the lowest setting, even with sound, firewall and anti virus turned off. Still no help. I tried reinstalling the game, new anti virus (avast), new anti spyware. Still nothing.
I have a laptop vaio dual processor 2.4ghz, 4gb ram and plenty of space on my harddrive. I use the compability patch on my retail battlefield 1942 version because otherwise it often crashes.
Can anyone help me please?

#2 dodgem

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:34 AM

Does it start doing it as soon as you load into the game, or does it take a while before the freezing starts?

What operating system? Vista, Windows 7?

#3 Stevis

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:11 AM

Oh yes, i forgot to mention that. I have windows vista.
The freezing starts usually after i play the game for a while. However sometimes i don't have a lot of freezing, and yesterday whilst playing Berlin it froze every few minutes. Usually when i see another enemy and thus get killed. And i have it both offline and online
I also checked and updated all my drivers (video card, audio, etc.)
I swear, if anyone can fix this, i will donate to the moongamers servers.

#4 Grassy

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like you are having a Video Card Issue or CPU heating up. Trying getting a dual fan laptop cooler for your laptop. If you already have one...then clean the fans on it. In addition check the cooling vents under your laptop and make sure they are clean.

#5 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Sounds like you are having a Video Card Issue or CPU heating up. Trying getting a dual fan laptop cooler for your laptop. If you already have one...then clean the fans on it. In addition check the cooling vents under your laptop and make sure they are clean.

Exactly. :applaud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com