Photo

Damn I'm amazing

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Bourne

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

Howdy. ^_^ I've been a MoonGamer for about 2.5 years, though it'd be safe to say I've played on the Moon for 3 years or more. I heart Battlefield 1942 very much, though I also own BF2142 it just pails in comparison to 1942.

My first introduction to Moongamers CQ was when I, as Axis, ran through the bunkers putting expaks in every nook and cranny possible waiting for an ally to go in the bunkers. Go in the bunkers he did and he exploded in spectacular fashion...Along with the mainstay of my team resulting in an auto boot :rofl:

I came back (and kept coming back to the dismay of many). I sucked something terrible in the beginning and slowly, very slowly, got better. I learned circle sniping off of Rand'al Thor (Read "learned" as "he beat me mercilessly under the guise of training"), and infantry off various peoples. I was around for a few months when I noticed people talking about TeamSpeak, and they got the mad urge to get me in there. In the beginning, I told them to bugger off regularly. But people such as Whimsical Rabbit and Jimmy Jammer were damnably persistent. After nearly scaring me off, I eventually DLed TS and sat in for a couple sessions. Eventually it got to the point Lin threatened to buy me a mic just so I could also speak. ...I probably did look half crazy to the people in game when I'd use game chat to converse with the TS people...Anyway, I dug out a very old mic and got on. They said I sounded like Capt. Conair >_>.

Nowadays I don't play as much, thanks to CoD 4, but I still play fairly often at night. I'm an infantry player and rarely if ever will you see me in the skies, and when you do, odds are I will also be whimpering quietly into my mic with a panicked look in my eyes as my plane slowly inverts and descends into a tree. I have absolutely no stomach for tank campers and will actually suicide in midair to prevent them from gaining a kill, and sometimes do the same to Hartley to spite him. I just wub him SO MUCH...

Outside of BF, my hobbies include geetarring and Judo. The latter I picked up about a year and a half ago and I would recommend it to anyone as an excellent form of exercise and self defense. I played Baseball and Soccer for around 7 years apiece but after freshman year of HS I more or less dropped both. I've fiddled with the guitar for about...Uhh...I guess nearly two years now. Never had a real teacher sans some friends who've played as long as most teachers. Benefit of that is I don't have to pay them :D. I love nearly every genre of music, sans most all rap, techno, and death metal. Currently unemployed, to the chagrin of my parents. I love travel writing (Bill Bryson ftw). I also enjoy pie. Great pie is to be had at Perkins. Remember that. You will soon forget this unnecessarily long intro, but if you should come away with anything, come away with that.

~Jason Bourne (AKA Michael)

PS: though the topic title would lead you to believe otherwise, I'm not half as cocky or arrogant in person <3

#2 sagittarii

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

Welcome to Moongamers Jason Bourne, nice to meet ya!!!

We have a wonderful community here and offer a variety of entertaining stuff like Teamspeak, Arcade and the forums of course...So take your time and get familiar with all that new things...If you got any questions, pls feel free to PM me or one of the other Admins...If you want to become an admin, pls let us know in the right forum section...

:P

#3 summens

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

:bhi: hi michael

#4 DAN_DALY

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Sup JB!!,

Thanks for the intro and background my fellow Moonie! Pleasure having you with us in the community Michael and btw, I agree Bill Bryson is da man!!! "A Short History of Nearly Everything"!

#5 Bullet-BS

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hey howdy Michael. I miss sniping you :D one of the hardest to hit.

#6 Hartley

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Damn your amazing.

I WUB YOU TOO.

#7 Comet

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

You're a class act my friend, glad to have you.

I enjoy the challenge you present when playing, I don't try all that hard anymore but I must admit you bring out the game in me at times.

#8 JJ

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Always a pleasure running as one of the "A's" Mike

#9 Tambulance

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

i love you man! just not as much as my k98 does.

#10 Jason Bourne

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

:wub: to all of you. Would've left long ago were it not for this community.

I agree Bill Bryson is da man!!! "A Short History of Nearly Everything"!

You know, that the one book of his I haven't read. I've tried to check it out, library(s) didn't have it, I tried buying it, Barnes and Noble and Waldenbooks didn't have it. >_< I WILL read that book.

Always a pleasure running as one of the "A's" Mike

Posted Image

i love you man! just not as much as my k98 does.

:( If fondness is measured in bullets, I'd say it's passionately in love with me.

#11 Wasabi®

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:25 PM

What is your age, btw? (Don't tell me 99)

#12 dodgem

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

I have absolutely no stomach for tank campers and will actually suicide in midair to prevent them from gaining a kill

lol, I gotta try that! Damn those tigers!! That's why I love tigers when fall damage is turned off, it is almost impossible for them to get a kill :-D

Hi Michael :P

#13 WTBass

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Damn, he really is amazing! <3

#14 NightHawk

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

hey man nice seeing you! come to the beach and say hi to my sniper rifle!

#15 Striker

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

see mike? You do have a fanclub!!!!!

I remember you killing me... quite often. WE LOVE YOU MAN!

#16 birney

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

I hate playing against you. I hate being infantry against you cause I die, Zook..I die, Sniper..I die, Engi.half your own team dies lol.

Mr bourne you are one of the best all round players we have on the servers. You may not be "as cocky" as you say you are but I absolutly love the "confident deadpan humour" that comes across in teamspeak. You really should have been born a brit!. Its a pleasure to know you.

#17 Allarra

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

I hate playing against you. I hate being infantry against you cause I die, Zook..I die, Sniper..I die, Engi.half your own team dies lol.

Mr bourne you are one of the best all round players we have on the servers. You may not be "as cocky" as you say you are but I absolutly love the "confident deadpan humour" that comes across in teamspeak. You really should have been born a brit!. Its a pleasure to know you.

And that is one of the best compliments you will get in life from birney. :lol:

#18 Jason Bourne

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

I remember you killing me... quite often.

I'm feelin' the love. Where've you been Striker? I've just now seen you on the "beach" once or twice this week.

:wub: Thank you Birney. I have a keen appreciation of all things sardonic and ironic.

Some call it pessimism and cynisim, I call it pragmatism and accuracy :lol:

#19 xdoublex

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hi jason :)

#20 Striker

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

I remember you killing me... quite often.

I'm feelin' the love. Where've you been Striker? I've just now seen you on the "beach" once or twice this week.

:wub: Thank you Birney. I have a keen appreciation of all things sardonic and ironic.

Some call it pessimism and cynisim, I call it pragmatism and accuracy :lol:

i've been around the whole moon, not just where the flag is... bf2, 2142, CS, DOD, uh... just about all of em. Decided to get to the roots again with bf1942 about 2 months ago, and well hi again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com