Photo

DOD is ROCKIN!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

The last week since we reopened our DOD server we have been rocking nearly every night!

I see some names in nearly every night as well! Comet, Section8, Noir, Langley......

Some of the people we thought we had lost because the lack of interest in DOD here.

Looks like MoonGamers may start to gain momentum once again in the Steam community! Lets see if we can get this ball gaining speed and get some more here and invite them to the MoonGamers community and show them what it is all about!

If we by chance fill this single server all the time we can look into opening another but that will depend on funds to support it.

This game may be old but OH EM GEE it rocks as much as 1942!!

#2 Langley

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

Oh man, my PC is starting to act up. Damn thing. I got into game to have it reboot on me. What a pain ins the ass. Might be my PS. Hope to get it resolved and get back to business.

#3 Comet

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Straighten that shit our Obi, we want you in game...

Lets not put any undue pressure on the server, it's a casual server as is, where it goes is up to us...

I'm happy to see some old friends again, thanks for helping to seed.

#4 Langley

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

I'm hoping it's just the circuit. I can't find my multimeter, so I'll try another for now and see if it behaves.

#5 dodgem

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

Looks like an old sig Langley ;)

Death and Destruction! Hehe. I wonder if he's still emo....

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Most of it looks better than BF'42!

#7 Comet

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

While there are similarities between the games in terms of genre, maps, weapons, there is a huge difference in game dynamics. BF1942 pails in comparison to that of DoD:S, both graphically and audibly...there is no comparison. Nor should there be, DoD:S had three years of development under its belt when it was released in Sept 05.

#8 Langley

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

I definitely need a new PS. In the meantime, I can juuuust run it on my laptop but barely.

#9 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

personally i am loving the lack of a death cam, and the almost instant respawn :P

#10 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

I have the CSS game discs.
Is it possible to just install DOD and not the others ( Half-Life and Counter Strike)?
Steam and/or the games seemed to slow my old puter when I had it installed before.

#11 Monkey

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

I have the CSS game discs.
Is it possible to just install DOD and not the others ( Half-Life and Counter Strike)?
Steam and/or the games seemed to slow my old puter when I had it installed before.

You still need Steam installed BUT you can only install the game(s) that you want to install.

The way to do this is to install Steam www.steampowered.com and sign in and once that has been done go to library and right click DOD:S and install the game and leave the others uninstalled.

#12 Comet

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

Get your butt in here Harry, I believe you'll enjoy the game...

Lin loves it...enough said.

#13 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

Thank you Monkey. I will have to check into getting the game up and running.
Hey Comet, if Lin likes it. Then I guess I will too. Because we all like Lin. :wub:

#14 WarWizard

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

Oh Yeah, fresh meat, Harry and Oak.

#15 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Well, anyone in in 30mins till 60mins?
ow and I need help to find the server i think lol

EDIT:

YIPPY KAA YEEE I FOUND THE SERVER AND IT WORKS!

#16 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

How come everytime I start up the game there is always an update for Steam or for the game it self?
Takes 30 minutes just to be able to play trhe dang game.
I had this game installed a couple years back, I never had those update then.
Has the game changed? Why everytime I try and play?
It is not a drivers update either.

#17 Comet

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Steam updates are frequent. Lately there have been several, perhaps they recognize their is an issue which they're trying to resolve.

It's not perfect but the end result is quite pleasurable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com