Photo

Custom Sprays

42 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

How?
Where?
Placement?

I was wondering whats the file type and size requirement for a spray?

Also who makes the super cool MoonGamers logo'ed sprays?

#2 Comet

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

A spray is nothing more than a .jpeg image 256px by 256px. You can create your own or have someone make one for you if you're not so inclined.

Once you have your image save it and remember where. Load up the game, in the main menu select Options>Multiplayer>Import Spray. You'll need to assign a key for your spray, go to Options>Keyboard>Spray Logo. This is how it's done for DoD:S, I'm not familiar with the procedure for CS:S.

If you need some awesomer sprays feel free to use these, compliments of ObiWood Productions.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Other sprays I've created...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Monkey

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I tried the ones you have above... yes including Stephs and Lins and not a one works for me :( I thought I was doing something wrong, but Section says he has the same issues.

#4 Comet

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

I had a few already loaded on my steam account, as long as I use them they work fine. If I try to add one outside of steam I too cannot get it to work.

In game the sprays overlap edges, that never happened before a certain update. Something is definitely wrong...

Sorry it didn't work out. :(

#5 Monkey

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

I think I found a work around... convert to .bmp

#6 Comet

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

...odd, mine are .jpg and work fine. Perhaps things have changed, glad you got your spray working.

#7 Monkey

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Since It is working and verified by others in game I am going to try my hand at making one. Not going to look as good as the Jedi work but hey its a Monkey doing it :monkeydance:

Noticed it said .gif does that mean we can make animated sprays?

#8 STRYPER

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

wooot got one of Comet's and a couple of my own :evil1: to work...

Like Monkey, I had to convert to bmp as jpeg wouldn't work for some reason.

Monkey, I don't see any option for a gif... though I'm drooling at the prospect of an animated spray Posted Image

#9 Monkey

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

I may have looked when I saved. Will be looking to see if they are possible though.

#10 birney

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

This is mine.

Attached File  geico.jpg   6.98KB   92 downloads

#11 Comet

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

This is mine.

Attached File  geico.jpg   6.98KB   92 downloads

Brilliant m8...

#12 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

I made 1 , not to hard but yeah lol.
Posted Image

#13 Doc_UK

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Animated sprays ARE possible, I've used one in the past (you may remember seeing a Skull & Crossbones waving flag) and made a basic one I used last night. Using transparent layers/masks is possible but can be a pain in the but, so prepare to put in a few hrs work testing if you want that. Normal full frame images should be relatively simple.

You can either take a video clip and crop it to size, split it up into frames then import the frames into a VTF texture editing program, or create an animation from scratch and import its frames into the VTF program.

Luckily there seem to be several VTF editing programs available free. I used one called VTFEdit :
http://nemesis.thewa.../index.php?p=40

Note:I used it on a HD with Windows XP, i've not used it on anything else yet. It needs .Net framework 2.0 installed. I could not get the latest version 1.3.1 to work even after uninstalling .Net 3.5, 3.0, etc.
Version 1.2.5 worked fine though:
http://nemesis.thewa.../index.php?p=42

Best Tutorial I found and the one I used:
http://www.nvnews.ne...ead.php?t=57233

Background VTF info from Valve :
http://developer.val...VTF#Image_Flags

Remember that the more frames you want in the animation the poorer the resolution will need to be so it fits within a 128kb limit.
Hope that helps, have fun!

Doc_UK.

#14 Monkey

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Doc! Pet project for me now to see if I can do this or have the patience to do it :pokey:

#15 Doc_UK

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

LOL, yeh its fun but time consuming :shutup:.
Nice once it works though :cowdance:

#16 Comet

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for posting Doc.

I think becoming an astronaut is easier though. Static spray will have to do until I tackle this.

Thanks m8

#17 Jac3624

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

I tried last night and failed. Reread the tutorial and figured out it was because the file was too big, I think. Lowering the size would make it a small square and that's just not going to say "Jack was here.", so it's not worth it. Not for that gif anyway.

:edit: I couldn't find Imageready and didn't want to wait an hour for CS5 trial to download, so I used PS elements instead. It took a bit of doing, since it opened the original gif as layers and I had to copy/paste all the layers into new pics. Then resize them.

#18 Monkey

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

So like yea I now have a new spray!!!

Thanks a million Doc! :monkeydance:

#19 Warrior124

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

So like yea I now have a new spray!!!

Thanks a million Doc! :monkeydance:

Can't wait to see it. :applaud:

#20 Monkey

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

I found an easier way to do animated sprays.

Not sure where I got it but noticed I had a program called SprayR. This let me do animated gif conversions with little work at all.

The monkey is awesomeresterness!!!!

Will find a way to post it here form in game in the next day or so.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com